Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Henry Cejudo eyes Frankie Edgar featherweight title fight if ‘The Answer’ wins at UFC 240

Image result for cejudo edgar

Henry Cejudo made history Saturday night (June 8, 2019) by becoming Ultimate Fighting Championship’s (UFC) fourth champ-champ after defeating Marlon Moraes in the main event of UFC 238 in Chicago, Illinois.

But “The Messenger” isn’t done just yet, as he says his plans of moving up to Featherweight to capture yet another division title aren’t a joke.

“Why not? Are you guys going to count me out again,” asked Cejudo on The Ariel Helwani MMA Show.

With former Lightweight champion Frankie Edgar lined up to face current 145-pound champion Max Holloway at UFC 240, Cejudo says he’d love to face “The Answer” should he take down “Blessed.”

“The fight I would really want, and this has everything to do with competition; if Frankie Edgar wins this fight against Max Holloway that’s the fight I am interested in,” he said. With Frankie being one of the shorter fighters in the division, Cejudo says they size up against each other well and Edgar won’t have a huge size advantage over him.

“We had talked about it before, captain Eric mentioned it. I like his stature, I think the height seems very well, he is a wrestler. I think if he wins the fight against Max Holloway, then me and him can throw down,” he added while confirming he has no personal beef with “The Answer.”

“It’s nothing against Frankie, I just want to compete against the best. I know he took offense when I called him out with Marlon Moraes, I know he didn’t believe in me...but why not? Why can’t I win another belt. They have been telling me I can’t. They told me I was going to get knocked out by Marlon, they told me I’d get stopped by Demetrious Johnson, T.J. Dillashaw.”

will put him in a class of his own and solidify his status as the top pound for pound fighter in the world once and for all.

“The sky is the limit, I want to challenge my mind, body and soul. If he wins this fight and he wants to do it, let’s make it happen,” he concluded.

Whether or not Dana White and Co. actually allow Cejudo to challenge for one more strap is another story, as having three division titles held by one person could really upset every fighter competing in those weight classes.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for cejudo edgar

Henry Cejudo made history Saturday night (June 8, 2019) by becoming Ultimate Fighting Championship’s (UFC) fourth champ-champ after defeating Marlon Moraes in the main event of UFC 238 in Chicago, Illinois.

But “The Messenger” isn’t done just yet, as he says his plans of moving up to Featherweight to capture yet another division title aren’t a joke.

“Why not? Are you guys going to count me out again,” asked Cejudo on The Ariel Helwani MMA Show.

With former Lightweight champion Frankie Edgar lined up to face current 145-pound champion Max Holloway at UFC 240, Cejudo says he’d love to face “The Answer” should he take down “Blessed.”

“The fight I would really want, and this has everything to do with competition; if Frankie Edgar wins this fight against Max Holloway that’s the fight I am interested in,” he said. With Frankie being one of the shorter fighters in the division, Cejudo says they size up against each other well and Edgar won’t have a huge size advantage over him.

“We had talked about it before, captain Eric mentioned it. I like his stature, I think the height seems very well, he is a wrestler. I think if he wins the fight against Max Holloway, then me and him can throw down,” he added while confirming he has no personal beef with “The Answer.”

“It’s nothing against Frankie, I just want to compete against the best. I know he took offense when I called him out with Marlon Moraes, I know he didn’t believe in me...but why not? Why can’t I win another belt. They have been telling me I can’t. They told me I was going to get knocked out by Marlon, they told me I’d get stopped by Demetrious Johnson, T.J. Dillashaw.”

will put him in a class of his own and solidify his status as the top pound for pound fighter in the world once and for all.

“The sky is the limit, I want to challenge my mind, body and soul. If he wins this fight and he wants to do it, let’s make it happen,” he concluded.

Whether or not Dana White and Co. actually allow Cejudo to challenge for one more strap is another story, as having three division titles held by one person could really upset every fighter competing in those weight classes.

Cejudo vs Edgar ...........................................................lol no !

2 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Cejudo vs Edgar ...........................................................lol no !

For once im happy to hear from Dana lol 

He also pumped the breaks on Cejudo’s goal of challenging for the featherweight title in the future.

”Let’s just stick with these two weights and then we’ll talk about that stuff,” the UFC boss said after UFC 238 when asked if he’d be willing to let Cejudo challenge for the featherweight title (via MMA Mania). “I heard he also said he’s the pound for pound best in the world. White said on the post-fight press conference. “Listen, it’s awesome that he believes in himself like that and he’s so confident. But you gotta be realistic. You’ve got Jon Jones out there. Khabib’s never lost, he’s undefeated. And look at the guys these guys have run through, and look at how long Jon Jones has defended his title. Yeah, so...”

Sounds like he's told him to cool his jets lol.

• Like 3

What cracks me up is Dana's hatred for the smaller weight classes. He criticized MM for not making superfights, just beating up and clearing the 125 twice over. Now he has a fighter that is willing to fight people, and he is pumping the brakes on him immediately. 

I understand Henry has plenty of work to do at 135, though he did beat the guy that I thought was going to reign for a while. But there are some good fights there for him. Just funny that a 125er can do no right in his eyes. 

27 minutes ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

What cracks me up is Dana's hatred for the smaller weight classes. He criticized MM for not making superfights, just beating up and clearing the 125 twice over. Now he has a fighter that is willing to fight people, and he is pumping the brakes on him immediately. 

I understand Henry has plenty of work to do at 135, though he did beat the guy that I thought was going to reign for a while. But there are some good fights there for him. Just funny that a 125er can do no right in his eyes. 

he obviously reads this fora ....

1 hour ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

Yeah but also it looks lame and pathetic when he says I will fight Frankie if he wins because of his size lol (Frankie looks like a 135er).

I honestly dont see anyone suitable at 135 for him now .. Im really curious to see who he will fight next.

• Like 1

I honestly think Dana is pissed with the fact that his plans on shutting 125 went wrong lol.

There is no way he is happy with Cejudo being the "champ champ" now.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:57 PM, PATSTER said:

Why is he ducking Holloway?

You nailed it.....he wants to fight l'il Frankie if he wins but not Max?? Most blatant example of ducking I've ever seen.

Edited by Yerbo
spelling 8(
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Frank knocks him out ALL HANDS

You think so? Have you taken note of the size of Cejudo's head?? hah. Frankie could hit him 100 times with his hardest shots and I have my doubts it would even get him a tko.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

I think it's because Cejudo is now asking for more money. There isn't much that Dana hates more than paying someone what they are worth. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I think it's because Cejudo is now asking for more money. There isn't much that Dana hates more than paying someone what they are worth. 

He made a cool 1/2 million his last fight...Jones made 530k

Edited by Bwana

On 6/11/2019 at 5:52 PM, skillandpower said:

So basically he is saying the Max would smash him and he got no chance.

Little frank gonna win the FW anf BW titles

• Like 2