Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Rafael dos Anjos to battle Leon Edwards in UFC San Antonio main event

Image result for leon edwards

UFC San Antonio finally has a main event, according to a report from Kevin Iole. The July 20 card will now be topped by a five-round welterweight fight between former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos and streaking Brit Leon Edwards.

As Iole implies, the UFC was considering moving a light heavyweight bout between Luke Rockhold and Jan Blachowicz from the UFC 239 main card to the UFC San Antonio main event. Because Rockhold was busy with a commercial shoot on the day of UFC San Antonio, however, the promotion called up Rafael dos Anjos and Leon Edwards and evidently made it worth their whiles.

The promotion also briefly considered having a Valentina Shevchenko vs. Liz Carmouche title fight headline the card, per Ariel Helwani.

What do you think of this new main event?

Who do you think will come out on top between Rafael dos Anjos and Leon Edwards?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for leon edwards

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

What do you think of this new main event?  .... nice upgrade from the polack and that Cal guy that has 1 win in last 3 yrs.

Who do you think will come out on top between Rafael dos Anjos and Leon Edwards?  .... I'll take RDA by dec

3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Dos Nachos will body this can.

Leon is no can but yeah Nachos bodies him then gets KO'd by Pettis in the rematch 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, carnages said:

Leon is no can but yeah Nachos bodies him then gets KO'd by Pettis in the rematch 

Leon is a decision machine middleweight fighting in the welterweight division.  He couldn't even finish Plank with 5 rounds to work with after Masvidal and Till bodied Donald 3 times.  Hell the boy couldn't finish a basketball player named Dominic Waters that Dong smashed in 3 minutes.

I really enjoyed seeing him cry about the rankings.  Gamebred and Showtime murder the most recent title challengers while he's edging out fights against Gunnar Nelson ffs.  Of course they're going to be ranked ahead of you, dummy.  The only good win over a welterweight during this streak is a decision over Vicente Luque who I would pick in a rematch.  Then there's his trainer and brother screaming "That's assault!" after he stepped to Jorge and got serve a 3 piece with the soda.  If you're gonna step you better step correctly.  Those dudes can't even come to America anymore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Leon is a decision machine middleweight fighting in the welterweight division.  He couldn't even finish Plank with 5 rounds to work with after Masvidal and Till bodied Donald 3 times.  Hell the boy couldn't finish a basketball player named Dominic Waters that Dong smashed in 3 minutes.

I really enjoyed seeing him cry about the rankings.  Gamebred and Showtime murder the most recent title challengers while he's edging out fights against Gunnar Nelson ffs.  Of course they're going to be ranked ahead of you, dummy.  The only good win over a welterweight during this streak is a decision over Vicente Luque who I would pick in a rematch.  Then there's his trainer and brother screaming "That's assault!" after he stepped to Jorge and got serve a 3 piece with the soda.  If you're gonna step you better step correctly.  Those dudes can't even come to America anymore.

He should be thankful Jorge changed his life with that 3 piece and a soda

Nobody would know who the **** that guy is without it

• Like 3

Let's go RDA.  

Edwards has been running his yap on Twitter ever since Masvidal sonned him.  

• Like 3

My boy Hafael GOAT Anyos finna MURDER this English can of warm beer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1