Sign in to follow this  
Weidman_The_God

Jones just lost to a 1 Legged MW LOL

I actually had Santos winning the fight, albeit it wasn't much of one. Jones looked terrible - I don't believe I'd ever seen him perform worse. It really does make you wonder what Santos would have done tonight had that injury not occurred.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ijosef said:

I actually had Santos winning the fight, albeit it wasn't much of one. Jones looked terrible - I don't believe I'd ever seen him perform worse. It really does make you wonder what Santos would have done tonight had that injury not occurred.

Pretty obvious he would have knocked him out cold

Guarentee that Dana doesn't even entertain booking a rematch.

• Like 2

Santos exposed some real holes in Jones’ game. who woulda thought the secret to beating Jones was leg kicks this whole time

• Like 3

Both times Jones drug test doesn't come back with some kind of positive substance he looks very human.

Look into it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

ffs

13F8F879-FCEE-483D-8B0F-73F429D3209B.jpeg

Anyone that thinks santos didn’t win 1.2.5 shouldn’t watch this chit

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I would call Dana a moron but I always have to remind myself that he's a promoter. A pompous knob for sure, but a successful promoter who is always going to guide the narrative in a way most beneficial ($$$$$) to himself.

The ONLY reason Jones won that is again his reach.Santos was having a real tough time reaching Jones as Jones was for the most part leaning on his back leg in a defensive manner.

I still feel it was the little things that cost Santos a chance at winning.

1 He needs to keep his hands more defensive the way Jones does so he can move in close.

2 His corner was good for what?I mean Rogan mentioned it and i am sure many viewers thought he should be utilizing more kicks or even the straight leg to jones Knee the way jones does when it gets too close.

There has been over the years a lot of mention of using feints.The problem and i saw it in the Holm fight as well is that feints keep your opponent on their toes.You have to know WHEN to use feints,when to move your head,there is some legit reason to doing less to lure your opponent in or to catch them off guard.

IMO a simple hand up and chop the lower legs of jones to knock him off balance.Also hands up and move in for a clinch,shorter guy gets his head under jones chin and bothers him,then attack the body.So many little things to change it up because Santos looked like a very predictable fighter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

I had it 49-46 Jones. Santos won the first and then proceeded to pot shot his way to an L after that.

hqdefault.thumb.jpg.c84bd4cf99ae81e4144c

• Like 6

Santos CLEARLY won 1,5

Jones CLEARLY won 3,4

Rd 2 is the only questionable round here and i gave it to Santos. Not a "robbery" but the wrong guy won.

When guys fight like Jones just fought i love seeing them lose split decisions just like when frankie would always fight like a beta and lose close decisions and cry abt it. Just do more things dude. That was worse than the OSP fight..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

Santos exposed some real holes in Jones’ game. who woulda thought the secret to beating Jones was leg kicks this whole time

I think everyone knew Jon's chicken legs can't take kicks including him throwing round kicks. Most of his opponents didn't have a power kicking game, fast heavy hands & could manage distance well. 

Jon is vulnerable to hard kicks but it's not enough to beat him. The way to beat Jon it to off balance his linear kicks and blitz him with several punches where his head is gonna be when he darts away. That or catch him when he's coming in mid attack especially when he tries to spin elbows in close range. You either have to make him miss then come with chaos or intercept him with perfect timing mid attack when his balance is off and he's not prepared to defend or get out the way. It's not easy cause Jon is cautious, has good timing and manages distance well with his linear kicking game but Jon is plenty beatable. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

This fight makes me more sad the more I think about it. Thiago is 34 and is never going to realistically get another shot at the belt with Dana talking the way he's talking. Dude lost out on millions of dollars because of terrible judging

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t know which fight you guys watched i had it 2,3,4 Jon Jones. He even played his opponent game by listening to his coaches saying he was winning. If his coaches actually told him to start taking him down because he’s losing he would have dominated Santos. 

• Like 2

Jones could have taken santos down at any point in the fight and won easily. Jones fought like a man and kept it standing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay101 said:

I don’t know which fight you guys watched i had it 2,3,4 Jon Jones. He even played his opponent game by listening to his coaches saying he was winning. If his coaches actually told him to start taking him down because he’s losing he would have dominated Santos. 

Jon didn't really try to take him down because every time he got close he narrowly escaped eating heavy hands to the dome. There was a sequence on the cage where Jon kicked & tried to clinch off an elbow i think then ate a short hook upside his dome and got shucked off easily with Santos creating space & turning out off the cage as he threw the hook then Jon never tried it again because he felt the power and knew it was too risky. 

He didn't play Santos game. He played his usual WinkJon game. He was content to pot shot a one legged fighter with long range attacks side kicks, front kicks, oblique kicks and the occasional spinning chit because Santos couldn't move that well to counter & cover long distances and he wasn't gonna blitz too often giving Jon a read on timing an easy takedown. 

Santos had the right idea to be patient & let Jon come to him then pick him off with heavy leg kicks and make him complacent enough in his game to run into punch traps but he just couldn't turn it up to cook Jon's legs take his mobility and cover that distance with blitz & get Jon desperate enough to run into anything because he's paying a price running away. Once he hurt his knee Jon saw his opportunity to coast like a bish & point karate a wounded animal. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Jones winning and keeping was for the best interest for NewFC and Dana so Im sure Dana was pretty happy with the decision.

Now, NewFC can finally dream about the huge $$$ on a possible DC vs Jones III at HW or whatever division they decide to

• Thanks 1

fight sucked. a fully roided picobones would have pied that can

Edited by -idyb-

6 hours ago, LayDownDead said:

This fight makes me more sad the more I think about it. Thiago is 34 and is never going to realistically get another shot at the belt with Dana talking the way he's talking. Dude lost out on millions of dollars because of terrible judging

Gus did too....

since USADA started to regulate Jones`s picograms he`s been struggling. the difference from this performance and the one against DC is day and night, I wonder how many picograms he had agaisnt DC?

6 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Jon didn't really try to take him down because every time he got close he narrowly escaped eating heavy hands to the dome. There was a sequence on the cage where Jon kicked & tried to clinch off an elbow i think then ate a short hook upside his dome and got shucked off easily with Santos creating space & turning out off the cage as he threw the hook then Jon never tried it again because he felt the power and knew it was too risky. 

He didn't play Santos game. He played his usual WinkJon game. He was content to pot shot a one legged fighter with long range attacks side kicks, front kicks, oblique kicks and the occasional spinning chit because Santos couldn't move that well to counter & cover long distances and he wasn't gonna blitz too often giving Jon a read on timing an easy takedown. 

Santos had the right idea to be patient & let Jon come to him then pick him off with heavy leg kicks and make him complacent enough in his game to run into punch traps but he just couldn't turn it up to cook Jon's legs take his mobility and cover that distance with blitz & get Jon desperate enough to run into anything because he's paying a price running away. Once he hurt his knee Jon saw his opportunity to coast like a bish & point karate a wounded animal. 

And it seems like we’re speaking about an animal but this guy got submitted by Eric Spicely for god sake!!!

2 hours ago, Jay101 said:

And it seems like we’re speaking about an animal but this guy got submitted by Eric Spicely for god sake!!!

People lose MMA fights sometimes even to fighters that don't seem that good. He sure gave Jon the supposed GOAT all he could handle with one leg lol. 

Jon didn't do much really. Santos landed everything significant in that fight. Santos is an animal even Jon wouldn't argue that so it's a stupid statement. 

13 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I had it 49-46 Jones. Santos won the first and then proceeded to pot shot his way to an L after that.

Oh look it's a logical conclusion not full of salty tears. Finally! 

11 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I think everyone knew Jon's chicken legs can't take kicks including him throwing round kicks. Most of his opponents didn't have a power kicking game, fast heavy hands & could manage distance well. 

Jon is vulnerable to hard kicks but it's not enough to beat him. The way to beat Jon it to off balance his linear kicks and blitz him with several punches where his head is gonna be when he darts away. That or catch him when he's coming in mid attack especially when he tries to spin elbows in close range. You either have to make him miss then come with chaos or intercept him with perfect timing mid attack when his balance is off and he's not prepared to defend or get out the way. It's not easy cause Jon is cautious, has good timing and manages distance well with his linear kicking game but Jon is plenty beatable. 

Eg Rob Whittaker's style.  

Jon won EVERY round with his elite pressure and leg kicks. Dana is right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, -idyb- said:

since USADA started to regulate Jones`s picograms he`s been struggling. the difference from this performance and the one against DC is day and night, I wonder how many picograms he had agaisnt DC?

bout $1.02

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jay101 said:

your takes...are bad

When Santos' camp came out and said he had torn every ligament in his knee, I was thinking "okay, that's just his camp talking." However...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2019/07/08/thiago-santos-knee-injury-jon-jones-ufc-239/39665863/

Monday, an MRI revealed a torn ACL, MCL and PCL on Santos' left knee as well as a meniscus tear. Doctors suspect he may also have reinjured his right knee, which was surgically operated on prior...

Anyone with even a modicum of knowledge about knee injuries knows how serious that is. Your average Joe is in rough shape with just a partially torn ACL. I'm surprised that he could even stand with a complex multiligament knee injury like that. He deserves respect for just being able to tolerate that kind of injury and still compete, regardless of how well he actually performed. I'm beyond 100% convinced he would've won without the injury. How he could even put weight on that leg is beyond me.

• Like 2

when did we start counting baby leg kicks as sig strikes please?

Jones dropped him twice, landed multiple head kicks and spinning **** to the body.

Santos landed a few weak punches and some leg kicks. How  is anyone scoring the fight for Santos.

Add that to the fact he got backed up the entire fight.

Not Jones' greatest performance but I wonder how much HH getting starched just before affected his mental. Both trained to utilise similar game plans, long range kicking, against similar styled opponents, wild power shots

Also, OP your man got ****ed, hard by ****hold, who got beasted by Jan

Weidcan has nothing for Bones

Edited by *Haze*
  • Like 1