Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Darren Till calls for scrap with Robbie Lawler

Darren Till, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisping

Darren Till knows who he wants to fight next and, contrary to his recent comments, it’s not a middleweight. Instead, he’s set his sights on former UFC welterweight champion “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler.

Whoever he winds up fighting, he’s just hoping to return to the cage before Christmas.

“One hundred million percent, [I’ll fight] before Christmas. I’m ready to go right now one hundred percent [I’ll be back] before Christmas,” Till said on MMA Fighting’s Eurobash Podcast(transcript via MMA News).

“That’s a great fight, mate,” Till added. “I called Robbie out not so long ago and he’s a childhood hero; I grew up watching him. That would be spectacular, mate. It really would.”

This potential Darren Till vs. Robbie Lawler fight seems to be gaining some traction within the MMA community. Speaking on his Believe You Me podcast, former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping called for the matchup.

“Who should Robbie Lawler fight next? I was trying to think and Darren Till is the perfect answer,” he said. “I mean Till’s gonna need a fight. He’s taking some time off, he’s on a two-fight losing streak, Robbie’s on a three-fight losing streak. I think that’s a good matchup for both of them. It’s a good matchup for Darren.”

Does a Till vs. Lawler fight interest you?

Who do you think would win?

20 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Very good call out.. 

Scousers don’t normally have brains, but this is a good move. A win, puts him in the mix for a top 5 MW fight 

A win over a welterweight puts another welterweight (with no fights at MW in the UFC) in the mix for a top five middleweight fight?

Did you just insult someone else for being an idiot?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Its like in the wild, when the beta predators think the old lion isnt dangerous anymore, they all want a piece of him. Aka Till finally crawled out of the wreckage of his hype train & thinks he spies an easy win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Darren Till, Robbie Lawler, Michael Bisping

Darren Till knows who he wants to fight next and, contrary to his recent comments, it’s not a middleweight. Instead, he’s set his sights on former UFC welterweight champion “Ruthless” Robbie Lawler.

Whoever he winds up fighting, he’s just hoping to return to the cage before Christmas.

“One hundred million percent, [I’ll fight] before Christmas. I’m ready to go right now one hundred percent [I’ll be back] before Christmas,” Till said on MMA Fighting’s Eurobash Podcast(transcript via MMA News).

“That’s a great fight, mate,” Till added. “I called Robbie out not so long ago and he’s a childhood hero; I grew up watching him. That would be spectacular, mate. It really would.”

This potential Darren Till vs. Robbie Lawler fight seems to be gaining some traction within the MMA community. Speaking on his Believe You Me podcast, former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping called for the matchup.

“Who should Robbie Lawler fight next? I was trying to think and Darren Till is the perfect answer,” he said. “I mean Till’s gonna need a fight. He’s taking some time off, he’s on a two-fight losing streak, Robbie’s on a three-fight losing streak. I think that’s a good matchup for both of them. It’s a good matchup for Darren.”

Does a Till vs. Lawler fight interest you?

Who do you think would win?

No fight with Lawler interests me at this point. I've been a big fan of his but at this point I get the feeling he's just out there to collect a paycheque and should probably retire. I don't think we'll see another good fight out of him unfortunately.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

No fight with Lawler interests me at this point. I've been a big fan of his but at this point I get the feeling he's just out there to collect a paycheque and should probably retire. I don't think we'll see another good fight out of him unfortunately.

I see that argument, pretty crazy when you go back and look at his last wins and how removed they are from the current title picture.

• Cerrone who's back at Lightweight now
  • Condit who should've retired 2 maybe 3 fights ago
  • MacDonald who isnt even with the UFC anymore 
  • And Hendricks who USADA hit like a led balloon. 

Still think it would make for a decent fight as both guys are in dire need of a win.

Robbie gets in he reestablishes himself as still as a guy still worthy of being in the top 15 he loses maybe like you said he should think about hanging them up.

Till wins he gets a much needed W and can start to try and put himself back on course in to the title picture a loss for him and I don't thin he can be far off from getting cut.

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I see that argument, pretty crazy when you go back and look at his last wins and how removed they are from the current title picture.

• Cerrone who's back at Lightweight now
  • Condit who should've retired 2 maybe 3 fights ago
  • MacDonald who isnt even with the UFC anymore 
  • And Hendricks who USADA hit like a led balloon. 

Still think it would make for a decent fight as both guys are in dire need of a win.

Robbie gets in he reestablishes himself as still as a guy still worthy of being in the top 15 he loses maybe like you said he should think about hanging them up.

Till wins he gets a much needed W and can start to try and put himself back on course in to the title picture a loss for him and I don't thin he can be far off from getting cut.

The idea that a win for Robbie would make him a top 15er makes me sad somehow hah. Poor Robbie, how the mighty has fallen ☹️

• Like 2

Let them bang bros. Fun fight. I don't think a win does much for either of them in the grand scheme of things but it should still be pretty entertaining. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Let them bang bros. Fun fight. I don't think a win does much for either of them in the grand scheme of things but it should still be pretty entertaining. 

Thing is, I didn't see any reason at all against Covington for Robbie to not go out and throw heavy hands all night. But he didn't. He did the absolute minimum ☹️ So I just have the feeling we've seen the last of Robbie the brawler and will only see Robbie the safe fighter from now on. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

Thing is, I didn't see any reason at all against Covington for Robbie to not go out and throw heavy hands all night. But he didn't. He did the absolute minimum ☹️ So I just have the feeling we've seen the last of Robbie the brawler and will only see Robbie the safe fighter from now on. I hope I'm wrong.

It was weird.... very uncharacteristic. I'm writing it off as he just didn't turn up for some reason. The sentimentalist in me wants to see one more brawl. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

A win over a welterweight puts another welterweight (with no fights at MW in the UFC) in the mix for a top five middleweight fight?

Did you just insult someone else for being an idiot?!

We have Pettis in the "winning forum doesn't have to read his posts" thread, right?

If so, Pettis by annihilation.

• Like 1

Robbies last fight was weird, I think the ufc paid him to let colby hug him & love tap him to a points win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PATSTER said:

We have Pettis in the "winning forum doesn't have to read his posts" thread, right?

If so, Pettis by annihilation.

Yup. Pettis will take Nate's leg off, knock him out, and then we're done with Nate AND that moron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It was weird.... very uncharacteristic. I'm writing it off as he just didn't turn up for some reason. The sentimentalist in me wants to see one more brawl. 

I think he got tired and Colby kept touching him with punches just hard enough to throw him off. I think he will be fine if he doesn't have to worry about wrestling. Definitely getting close to the end though. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 12:14 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

After Robbies last fight again Canby, I dont have faith in MAH boy anymore. 

He looked like he was moving in quicksand. I think his age and all the wars have finally caught up to him unfortunately.

He could probably still KO Till, though. 

• Like 2