NoCakeForYaya

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (tentatively in association with PATSTER))

It's quite simple lads, all things football for the next year comes here.

I'll kick things off by saying:

1) VAR breaking Man City's heart on the weekend was hilarious

2) Liverpool still have to find there groove

3) LOL at Pogba.

Looking forward to discussing with you boys.

Up the Tigers

Image result for hull city

Edited by NoCakeForYaya
Pat's questionable love of football.
  • Like 2

Just now, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

2) Liverpool are 2 injuries away from a complete failure. They better hope they’re still in the and have transfers targets in the new year

I think there's quite a strong argument for this, mainly in attack. 

You look at Man City last year who had (for me the best player in league) De Bruyne injured for most of the season. You have to think that if someone like Mane/Salah is injured for Liverpool it'll have a devastating effect.

I'm still not sold on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and not sure about their other attacking options.

• Haha 1

The Ox was magnificent just before he got injured. I think Origi will come good as a backup for the front three. It's a tricky thing I think; had we splashed out 75M on a striker in the summer they would sit on the bench. 

Agree we've not found our grove yet, first proper test this Saturday: arsenal at home. 

Who do you support wickles82? If I had to guess I would say MU or Chelsea. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think spurs will be much closer to the title race this season. Chelsea will be nowhere; job is too soon for Lampard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The Ox was magnificent just before he got injured. I think Origi will come good as a backup for the front three. It's a tricky thing I think; had we splashed out 75M on a striker in the summer they would sit on the bench. 

Agree we've not found our grove yet, first proper test this Saturday: arsenal at home. 

Who do you support wickles82? If I had to guess I would say MU or Chelsea. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think spurs will be much closer to the title race this season. Chelsea will be nowhere; job is too soon for Lampard.

Oh no I totally agree with you on that. Liverpool are such a weird one because essentially the front 3 picks itself, and are the best front 3 in the world, arguably in football. I actually feel quite bad for Origi because I genuinely think you are looking at a 15-20 goal a season forward there, but he just wont get the game time because of the relationship that Bobby has with Mane/Salah.

There's just a wealth of issues with Chelsea. While I was (and still am) a bit of a Hazard critic, they got themselves into a habit of just trying to play EVERYTHING through him. I've watched their games this year and they look a little lost tbh. I also think the owner has just given up, he doesn't seem to care at all.

While I applaud Frank for 'going with youth', I just really don't think Tammy Abraham is the answer. He's a good championship striker, but it's going to be a huge adjustment for him. Giroud isn't prolific, so they are going to really struggle for goals this year. 

In the end they were lucky to draw against Leicester. 

• Like 1

I get the impression, Chelsea, with the transfer ban are trying to recreate the Man Utd class of 92. Only problem is, is that the Chelsea Youth/Reserve team are not on the same level. Plus, they’ve been loaned out all over, and never really tested. 

I give Frank till Christmas.

Poch is playing a very good game, when it comes to management of the club. He’s been really offensive, in his interviews.

Its like he’s getting ready for ZZ to get the sack????

Liverpool failed to build pre season. They have 12 players and that’s that. Man City, like early Chelsea, under Jose, have 2 top class teams in the squad.

I hope to see Wolves and Leicester compete this year. I think they have the players to do so

I support a Championship club. Pretty rubbish

• Like 2

To adress 1) 2) and 3), Pulisic will save Chelsea and really the league as a whole

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thread title should pay homage to Mauro. Maybe add 'in association with Mauro Pedrosa'

The 'and other can football leagues' is my tribute to Mauro and Porto. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TUF said:

To adress 1) 2) and 3), Pulisic will save Chelsea and really the league as a whole

Bro aren't you American? Meeting Bubba has corrupted you. Take your "Futball" and leave the damn country. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PATSTER said:

Bro aren't you American? Meeting Bubba has corrupted you. Take your "Futball" and leave the damn country. 

He has seen the light brother Pat and it isn't too late for you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He has seen the light brother Pat and it isn't too late for you.

Pat perusing through this thread is already an encouraging sign. tbh, of all my comments yesterday, I thought me cheerleading for Dan Hardy would have gotten me red flagged as a Brit. Not my chitty hot take on the one American in Premier League

Edited by TUF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Pat perusing through this thread is already an encouraging sign. tbh, of all my comments yesterday, I thought me cheerleading for Dan Hardy would have gotten me red flagged as a Brit. Not my chitty hot take on the one American in Premier League

For what it's worth, between your championing of Dan Hardy, love of football, and impressive use of sarcasm, I've got you down as an honourary Brit mate. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

For what it's worth, between your championing of Dan Hardy, love of football, and impressive use of sarcasm, I've got you down as an honourary Brit mate. 

NoCakeForYaya

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Having had the great privilege of meeting sir Jimmy irl, I can confirm he's at least 30% British. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Having had the great privilege of meeting sir Jimmy irl, I can confirm he's at least 30% British. 

Yeah I had him down as approximately 33.73% British so this checks out. 

• Like 2

TUF is not a Bisping fan, gentlemen. I think you are putting too much faith in him.

And this has to be my last post in here. Can't be mistaken for a soccer fan. It would ruin my reputation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

TUF is not a Bisping fan, gentlemen. I think you are putting too much faith in him.

And this has to be my last post in here. Can't be mistaken for a soccer fan. It would ruin my reputation.

You'll be back. 

• Like 1

PATSTER's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread does have a nice ring to it....

• Like 3

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (in association with PATSTER))

*laughs in 30% British*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had a similar issue with associating Freddie with the cricket thread. To get around any potential litigation issues perhaps you should change it to this:-

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (not in association with PATSTER))

• Like 3

Ox Signed a new long term deal, bit mad considering hes been injured for the majority of his current deal, but he has so much potential to be something special

I think we might be shocked by Arsenal this weekend, their front line is terrifying

13 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Ox Signed a new long term deal, bit mad considering hes been injured for the majority of his current deal, but he has so much potential to be something special

I think we might be shocked by Arsenal this weekend, their front line is terrifying

Lol I get triggered when I read about Chamberlain's 'potential'. He's 26. If he was 19 I'd get it, but I really don't see how much more he's going to improve. 

It's like Lingard, that dudes 27 and all you ever hear about is his 'potential' lol. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol I get triggered when I read about Chamberlain's 'potential'. He's 26. If he was 19 I'd get it, but I really don't see how much more he's going to improve. 

It's like Lingard, that dudes 27 and all you ever hear about is his 'potential' lol. 

By that I would be referring to how he was playing during 17/18's Champions League run, he was outstanding, it would be a great bit of business if he got back to that

Lingard has never been good, looks like a prick too

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

Arsenal, with Leicester are my outside bets. Emery did very well last considering all the issues in front of him. He managed the squad very well.

1 minute ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Arsenal, with Leicester are my outside bets. Emery did very well last considering all the issues in front of him. He managed the squad very well.

Outside bet for what? Also Emery did not do well, he finished 5th losing the last 3 of the season, United were just **** so couldn't catch them

10 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

He did extremely well, considering the mess, Wenger left him

Be fair, he signed Torreira, Leno, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Suarez and Lichsteiner and still only finished 1 place higher than Wenger

49 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Be fair, he signed Torreira, Leno, Sokratis, Guendouzi, Suarez and Lichsteiner and still only finished 1 place higher than Wenger

Take any manager, that has replaced a long serving manager etc etc. He’s probably done the best of the lot, with minimum money spent too (I mean last season)

15 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

The Ox has never had a manager who believed in him before Klopp.  He was playing some pretty sensational stuff before he got injured.  I'm expecting strong things from him from about October onwards.

I also think we're going to batter Arsenal on Saturday.  Let's make a statement.

7 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The Ox has never had a manager who believed in him before Klopp.  He was playing some pretty sensational stuff before he got injured.  I'm expecting strong things from him from about October onwards.

I also think we're going to batter Arsenal on Saturday.  Let's make a statement.

Lol. I think I just fundamentally disagree on this one. Ox will be a fairly standard squad player, but I really don't see in him what others do. If he wasn't English I don't think anyone would even still be talking about him. Would be thrilled to be proven wrong though, always need decent English players.

I'm unsure on the weekend but you'll definitely score a couple past them as their defence isn't up to much at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol. I think I just fundamentally disagree on this one. Ox will be a fairly standard squad player, but I really don't see in him what others do. If he wasn't English I don't think anyone would even still be talking about him. Would be thrilled to be proven wrong though, always need decent English players.

I'm unsure on the weekend but you'll definitely score a couple past them as their defence isn't up to much at all. 

I was not at all an Ox fan, but he had a real purple patch before his injury. Scored 5 goals in 9 games and bagged 3 or 4 MOM awards in the 2 months before he trashed his knee.  

Appreciate that 2 months of decent play in an 8 year career is nothing to get excited about, but it just seemed like Klopp was getting the best out of him....I'm undoubtedly biased, but if anyone can get the best out of a young player it's much more likely to be Klopp than post 2010 Wenger!

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I was not at all an Ox fan, but he had a real purple patch before his injury. Scored 5 goals in 9 games and bagged 3 or 4 MOM awards in the 2 months before he trashed his knee.  

Appreciate that 2 months of decent play in an 8 year career is nothing to get excited about, but it just seemed like Klopp was getting the best out of him....I'm undoubtedly biased, but if anyone can get the best out of a young player it's much more likely to be Klopp than post 2010 Wenger!

HE'S NOT ****ING YOUNG LOL.

But I agree, Klopp has a real way of getting the best out of players. Don't think my lad Robertson would be the same with a different manager. Think his main thing is instilling confidence in players. It's great to see really. Someone like Alexander Arnold who's only 19/20 playing like an experienced right back is just amazing. 

I still regrettably think makes city top you again though. 

Think we can all get behind Chelsea failing to win again this weekend however. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

HE'S NOT ****ING YOUNG LOL.

But I agree, Klopp has a real way of getting the best out of players. Don't think my lad Robertson would be the same with a different manager. Think his main thing is instilling confidence in players. It's great to see really. Someone like Alexander Arnold who's only 19/20 playing like an experienced right back is just amazing. 

I still regrettably think makes city top you again though. 

Think we can all get behind Chelsea failing to win again this weekend however. 

Lol.  Tew easy mate.

Yeah, I make city favourites again.  I have no confidence we'll win the league again in my lifetime.  Our best chance is probably in a transitional season for Citeh when Guardiola loses interest or something.

Aside from LFC winning something, I'm waiting with eager anticipation to see which ex-player's wheels will fall off their wagon most dramatically; Lamps, or Ole.  Both crashing and burning horribly would be the ideal outcome.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 4:03 AM, stehilton94 said:

giphy (22).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Battered. 

• Like 1

Only team with a 100% record and its only 3 games in, I honestly cannot remember the last time there was only 1 team with 100% 3 games in, shows how much the prem money is helping all the other teams

2 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol David Luiz already looking like a great signing......

Allegedly one of the best defenders in the prem... not even one of the best defenders at arsenal. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Allegedly one of the best defenders in the prem... not even one of the best defenders at arsenal. 

He's still such a naive player despite his age and experience lol.

That shirt pull for the penalty was just criminally dumb lol. 

Good result for you guys but I'm still not sure defensively, if Pepe had his shooting boots on he'd of scored, and Auba probably should've done better.

Saying that though, just watched man city and they weren't quite as electric as last season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's still such a naive player despite his age and experience lol.

That shirt pull for the penalty was just criminally dumb lol. 

Good result for you guys but I'm still not sure defensively, if Pepe had his shooting boots on he'd of scored, and Auba probably should've done better.

Saying that though, just watched man city and they weren't quite as electric as last season. 

Yeah, that shirt pull followed by his hands in the air was vintage Luiz.  The only good stuff he ever does seems to be in attack.

We need Alison back.  I don't think the defenders fully trust Adrain tbh, and rightly so.

I expected a bit more from Spurs this season; after 3 games they're already looking out of the title race.  Actually, it was a lovely weekend for football; United, Spurs and Arsenal all losing.

NFL player arrives in Canada wearing a 'Winnipeg, Alberta' t-shirt

winnipeg-alberta-raiders.jpeg

NFL players arrived in style for the league’s first-ever game in Winnipeg.

Lol I'm sure Ole at United must know something we don't. 

After selling Lukaku and now (if it does go through) loaning out Sanchez they now have three strikers. Rashford, Martial and a 17 year old Mason Greenwood. 

Even if they plan to recruit in January that's a lot of games for the three players lol. 

While I don't rate either Lukaku or Sanchez if I was a united fan I would've liked to keep one of them just as backup.

Early signals suggesting @Bubba_Sparks will be getting a few laughs our of United again this season. 

• Like 1

Good old Zlatan has sparked rumours by saying he's there, if Utd need him. I wonder how much of the wages, Utd will be paying for Inter to take on Sanchez?

Another rumour is that Ole is after James Maddison from Leicester. Just show's how far backwards Utd have gone. Ole will have 1 season, if he's lucky  

• Haha 1