NoCakeForYaya

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (tentatively in association with PATSTER))

4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol I'm sure Ole at United must know something we don't. 

After selling Lukaku and now (if it does go through) loaning out Sanchez they now have three strikers. Rashford, Martial and a 17 year old Mason Greenwood. 

Even if they plan to recruit in January that's a lot of games for the three players lol. 

While I don't rate either Lukaku or Sanchez if I was a united fan I would've liked to keep one of them just as backup.

Early signals suggesting @Bubba_Sparks will be getting a few laughs our of United again this season. 

How could you doubt someone with a proven track record... of managerial mediocrity.

Him and fat Frank are in their own private sack race, although Lampard is a pretty bright lad so he might turn it around. 

• Like 1

Chelsea's front 3 of Mount, Abraham and Pulisic will be awesome when they develop a little more chemistry. Their defense is in SHAMBLES though. They have to replace the entire back 4

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Chelsea's front 3 of Mount, Abraham and Pulisic will be awesome when they develop a little more chemistry. Their defense is in SHAMBLES though. They have to replace the entire back 4

Actually really like the look of Mount, not as easy to bully off the ball as he looks either. 

Personally would like to see Abraham pack on a bit of muscle, he's tall enough that with some weight behind him he could be a real threat. 

Pulisic is a can by default as an American. 

23 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Chelsea's front 3 of Mount, Abraham and Pulisic will be awesome when they develop a little more chemistry.

axTqWyw.png

36 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Pulisic is a can by default as an American. 

KjO22Cr.png

• Haha 3

Unpopular opinion. United's defence isn't actually that bad, they concede so many because their midfield is absolutely garbage that offers nothing in the form of protection. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Unpopular opinion. United's defence isn't actually that bad, they concede so many because their midfield is absolutely garbage that offers nothing in the form of protection. 

Lindelof is meh but I agree. Pogba is so wasteful. Most overrated player I can remember 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Lindelof is meh but I agree. Pogba is so wasteful. Most overrated player I can remember 

He's also the laziest player. Honestly dude just chills around no ****s given, occasionally making a decent pass. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's also the laziest player. Honestly dude just chills around no ****s given, occasionally making a decent pass. 

He acts like his **** doesn’t stink. He’s really pulled a huge jedi mind trick on the entire world.

There are several midfielders here in the Portuguese league who are better than him

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

He acts like his **** doesn’t stink. He’s really pulled a huge jedi mind trick on the entire world.

There are several midfielders here in the Portuguese league who are better than him

I don't disagree at all..

In England we have a news channel called 'sky sports news'. (You probably have it too thinking about it lol). They love a 'youtube player' who have a decent highlight reel. So all English fans not paying attention saw was a few screamers for Juve lol. The reality is very different.

You'll know pal, is Fernandes all hype or is he the real deal? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I don't disagree at all..

In England we have a news channel called 'sky sports news'. (You probably have it too thinking about it lol). They love a 'youtube player' who have a decent highlight reel. So all English fans not paying attention saw was a few screamers for Juve lol. The reality is very different.

You'll know pal, is Fernandes all hype or is he the real deal? 

Bruno Fernandes is absolutely fantastic. He’s not technically gifted like David Silva or Iniesta but he’s an incredibly hard worker and will score all kinds of goals.

I can’t find a great direct comparison but he’s a little bit like Juninho who played for Lyon, but more athletic

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Bruno Fernandes is absolutely fantastic. He’s not technically gifted like David Silva or Iniesta but he’s an incredibly hard worker and will score all kinds of goals.

I can’t find a great direct comparison but he’s a little bit like Juninho who played for Lyon, but more athletic

Lol so he's scoring a free kick every five seconds? 

I prefer players who graft a bit anyway. 

Predictions for Arsenal Tottenham? Think Tottenham's luck is running out this season and I've got Auba grabbing a goal or two today.

1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol so he's scoring a free kick every five seconds? 

I prefer players who graft a bit anyway. 

Predictions for Arsenal Tottenham? Think Tottenham's luck is running out this season and I've got Auba grabbing a goal or two today.

Tottenham looks super flat this season. Unai Emery has to stop being a coward against big teams and unleash the front three of Auba, Laca and Pepe. When he starts doing that Arsenal can go back to outscoring teams

I think it ends 2-1 for Arsenal with Auba scoring

But playing Auba on the wing makes me cringe a little bit. The guy is one of the best strikers in the world and Laca is the one who should be moved to a different position 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Spurs v Arsenal: Tew cans

Is it too early to call this season a 2 horse race?

Lol not at all. You and city look absolutely miles ahead of the rest lol. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

But playing Auba on the wing makes me cringe a little bit. The guy is one of the best strikers in the world and Laca is the one who should be moved to a different position 

Lol yes it's so frustrating. Auba down the middle and cebellos from the start and you have an arsenal win in my books.

I'm sick of teams playing three central midfielders who all essential have the same job. Xhaka and torreria are essentially the same player, torreria is just better. And David Luiz's little bro is similar still. Absolutely no balance in the team and it looked like a very isolated front three to me.

Pepe still needs to find his feet. He's looking good until the final: pass, shot, cross which seems to be really lacking. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol yes it's so frustrating. Auba down the middle and cebellos from the start and you have an arsenal win in my books.

I'm sick of teams playing three central midfielders who all essential have the same job. Xhaka and torreria are essentially the same player, torreria is just better. And David Luiz's little bro is similar still. Absolutely no balance in the team and it looked like a very isolated front three to me.

Pepe still needs to find his feet. He's looking good until the final: pass, shot, cross which seems to be really lacking. 

Emery is a known - insert a tame word for coward. He’s the one who lost to Barça 6-1 and invited Liverpool to have the ball and destroy Arsenal

And yes, that midfield 3 from Arsenal is just hilarious.

Lampard also doesn’t want to play Kante, smh

• Like 1

Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to unveil giant bronze statue of himself in Malmö 

About the most Zlatan thing I have ever heard lol

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic set to unveil giant bronze statue of himself in Malmö 

About the most Zlatan thing I have ever heard lol

Lol. I'm going there soon; I'll have to check it out. 

• Like 2

Well, us educated folks have been saying that man city haven't looked all that, turns out we weren't wrong. 

I'm happy to see it though, mainly because pep is an absolute **** for dropping/rotating when players are on form. Not playing Dr bruyne with the form he's in is absolutely criminal (unless he had an injury I was unaware of, but he came off the bench so that seems unlikely). 

• Like 3

Is it too soon to call it a one horse race???

I ain't giving trolls like @crangs any fuel, so of course the answer is yes... but it's mighty nice to be 5 points clear after 5 games. 

20 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Is it too soon to call it a one horse race???

I ain't giving trolls like @crangs any fuel, so of course the answer is yes... but it's mighty nice to be 5 points clear after 5 games. 

the overwhelming theme amongst the football fans I ran into today was 'good win for Norwich but fook thek them if the Scousers win' 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, crangs said:

the overwhelming theme amongst the football fans I ran into today was 'good win for Norwich but fook thek them if the Scousers win' 😂

Lol...'football fans i ran into '...you haven't left your couch all day you lazy git!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol...'football fans i ran into '...you haven't left your couch all day you lazy git!

lol, probably did anywhere between 5 and 20k walking today.  I'll let you decide what end I was at

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Emery won’t last too long

****ing David Luiz man.

Does Xhaka have pictures of Emery banging the owners wife or something? How is he still starting games lol? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

****ing David Luiz man.

Does Xhaka have pictures of Emery banging the owners wife or something? How is he still starting games lol? 

Some managers have that “nephew”. Like Lingard for Southgate and William Carvalho fot Fernando Santos 

• Like 1

Just now, MauroPedrosa said:

Some managers have that “nephew”. Like Lingard for Southgate and William Carvalho fot Fernando Santos 

Jesse 'hasn't made a goal contribution in 10 months' Lingard is an absolute disgrace lol. ****ing ****ing about dabbing and playing fortnight. 

Back to laughing at Man City though, imagine spending consistently 100 million or more a season and still ending up with Stones and Ottamendi at CB lmao. 

• Haha 2