Sign in to follow this  
Megasoup

9 Weeks of Discipline

I'm toying with an idea, and it's a very good idea.  The execution will be very difficult, but it's possible.  

We all want to be the best we can be, but there's a lot of hard work involved.  Because of this, most of us are nowhere near our potential.  I think I might be the best example of this (or should it be worst example?)  I have a lot of gifts that I have been squandering.  I don't drink much and I don't smoke at all.  I do not use drugs.  I don't steal and I don't cheat people.  I work behind one bar or another 5 or 6 nights a week and I pay my bills. I even exercise and go to jujitsu at least a couple times a week. 

But I goof off all the time.  And I can't tend bar for the rest of my life.

I spend nearly every free moment sitting on my **** watching Netflix or surfing the web, accomplishing nothing.  I'm comfortable.  But I'm not having fun and I'm wasting my life.  I have no extra money and I am not working towards any goal or preparing for the future at all, not even a little.  I'm not hurting anyone...except for myself.  I'm really hurting myself with my laziness and complacency.   I need to do something else.  

So I am considering putting myself through "boot camp."  There might be some confusion in a second.  I'm going to try to avoid that.  

I want to spend the next 9 weeks living as disciplined a life as I can.  No pleasure of any kind.  No leisure.  It will be like when I went to boot camp.  I did fine.  I remember feeling as though it was a lot easier on me than the older guys, like I was handling it a lot better.  

If I spend every free hour learning learning to code, (here's the confusion, there is such a thing called Coding Bootcamp, but that's not what I'm talking about.   I don't have ten thousand dollars to give to someone to teach me.  I'm going to do it at home,) taking mental breaks to eat and exercise, I could change my life.  No Netflix.  No scrolling through facebook.  No surfing the web.  Not even a little.  

I say bootcamp because I'm talking about being absolutely brutal.  No pleasure at all.  Get up.  Run.  Shower and eat and buckle down for 4 hours.  Work out.  Shower and eat and do it again.  Go to work as scheduled.  Go to jujitsu when I can.  Sleep 8 hours a night.  Work.  Study.  Jujitsu.  Exercise.  

This **** is easy when you're young.  Once upon a time, I was like this.  But that was so long ago.  It seems impossible now, especially in this world where we are all plugged, all so easily distracted.  People can hardly sit at a stoplight without breaking out their phones.  No one bellies up to the bar without having their phone out of their pockets and set right in front of them, as though it HAS to be there.  

I can do this.  Maybe I'll start tomorrow.  I have to do this.  

Edited by Megasoup

1 hour ago, crangs said:

*sits back.  waits for inevitable car fire that this thread turns into

Did you not already read OP

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Did you not already read OP

I got a paragraph in and the realisation it was a megasoup thread kicked, tbh 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

Does it involve riding a bicycle to California?

That was like his fighting career. It lasted forty minutes, and he caught one L and tapped.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

That was like his fighting career. It lasted forty minutes, and he caught one L and tapped.

I'm not up on my megasoup history, pretty sure that is the last thing I read about him.

• Like 1

Just now, PATSTER said:

I'm not up on my megasoup history, pretty sure that is the last thing I read about him.

Big bad Megasoup biked from St. Louis to the suburbs, then he tapped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty disciplined to stay on my grind but my down down time is the the recharge force that keeps me sharp & fresh. 

Currently I'm just trying to be more disciplined sending half as many d!ck pic selfies as i take. You know you trippin when you start thinking of artsy theme ideas to send d pics...

Marvel D!ckPool

D!ck pic pop up book

D!ck on top of Jack-o-lantern for Halloween

Glow in the dark D!ck with led paints

D!ck with a bow & jingle bells for Christmas

D!ck falling on a bowl of fruit & call it "Not so still life" 

Maybe i'll work on this a bit more & do a special on Netflix. 

4 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

You doing any kind of diet?

Low carb, high fat?

High carb?

He's on the slow tard diet

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

You doing any kind of diet?

Low carb, high fat?

High carb?

Diets are retarded. Just eat whatever you want and lift heavy. Women don't like string beans. 

2 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

That’s some poor advice 

I’m guessing you’re a fat American 

I'm guessing your mom smoked crack when she was pregnant with you. I'm also guessing you're a virgin. 

Am I right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1