Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Should Tai Tuivasa Ask For His Release From The UFC?

Image result for tai tuivasa ufc 243 post fight

Honestly he's somebody I think would benefit massively from a few years in Bellator, The PFL or ONE FC. 

1. Age He's only 26 which is super young for a Heavyweight (Think about it he could go and fight for Bellator, The PFL or ONE FC for 3 whole years and still return before he's even 30 years old.)

2. Level of Competition He has struggled heavily since moving up in against top 15 level competition. (He got the UD against Arlovski but that felt like it could have went either way, JDS was just way too much too soon, Ivanov's just a tough 12 year vet who had too much experience and now a loss to Spivak who is at that similar young prospect level.)

3. Damage Accumulation Staying in the UFC might actually hurt his career in the long run. (He's putting a lot of miles on his body already with these JDS, Ivanov & Spivak fights and has nothing to show for any of them, plus the more losses he picks up the more damage he will pick up, shortening his career and the less marketable he will become.)

4. A Division That Needs Stars A victim of a thin division (Arguably the thinnest division in the UFC, one major problem is that with one or two wins guys are being thrust in to the top 15 when they likely aren't really ready for it. Not to be disrespectful but guys like Tybura, Tuivasa, Greene, Sakai and Aburakhimov don't necessarily seem like top level guys to me they are more just there to make up the numbers of the top 15.)

5. Easier Fights Competition is at a lower level in other organizations. (Granted there are still plenty of dangerous fights out there but for the most part the overall level of Heavyweight's outside the UFC in places like Bellator, The PFL and ONE FC is much lower than in the UFC so he'd be getting more favourable matchups.)

What do you think? Should Tai be looking to another promotion or does he just need to get back to the drawing board? 

Edited by Jolldan

They tried to feed him someone that he could beat in the last couple fights. I think he might just be a bum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

They tried to feed him someone that he could beat in the last couple fights. I think he might just be a bum.

Don't get me wrong Im not saying he will ever grow in to a world-beater but I do think with a few more years of development he could get significantly better I just wonder if the UFC is the place for him to do that. 

He's a fat useless cnt put in place to prop up the antipodean market. The dirty bastard should have worn a bandido mask in the Arlovski fight because that decision was 100%  highway robbery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

He's a fat useless cnt put in place to prop up the antipodean market. The dirty bastard should have worn a bandido mask in the Arlovski fight because that decision was 100%  highway robbery.

I was waiting for your input in this after seeing your post in the What's next for the winner's and losers of 243😂

Yeah he's not even close to ready.  Either that or that Russian can is waaaay better than expected 

23 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

If drinking beer out of a shoe, can get you fights 

Someone pass a pair of Nike’s

110% of the current ufc roster beats you inside of a minute 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

110% of the current ufc roster beats you inside of a minute 

9 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Under ten seconds more like.

Dark_welch is a conqueror? No. I’m Alexander. He’s no Alexander. I’m the best ever. There’s never been anybody as ruthless. I’m Khabib. I’m Randy Couture. There’s no one like me. I’m from their cloth. There’s no one that can match me. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable. And I’m just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah.”

He can go back to the regionals or Bellator and beat up bums but he needs to fix his grappling, he's a worse grappler than Hunt and I thought Hunt did the bare minimum

-he has no foreseeable future in a serious worldwide mma organization, maybe BKFC .... Bobby Gunn, Prindle, Adams, or Bigfoot etc.