Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

[No] Changes to Saturday's Main Event

Im actually glad to here that Waterson is refusing to fight her. 

Boogie woman my **** if you're looking for a weight advantage over a god damn Atomweight. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Just shut down wmma. Shut it down and forget it ever happened.

Finally you make a solid post!! There's something I can get behind!

"It's been a while [since I've cut] to strawweight and I'm just getting older. We can't do the weight cut the same time as last time. Our bodies are very smart. I'm not a natural strawweight."

Literally admitting to being a WCC, smh.

• Like 3

Per Ariel Helwani's twitter-

"I’m told Joanna Jędrzejczyk had a good workout this AM and does not want the fight to get canceled. After it was made clear Team Waterson was not interested in a catchweight, JJ has decided to do everything — within reason — to make 116. She‘ll be at open workout later today." 

4 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

Per Ariel Helwani's twitter-

"I’m told Joanna Jędrzejczyk had a good workout this AM and does not want the fight to get canceled. After it was made clear Team Waterson was not interested in a catchweight, JJ has decided to do everything — within reason — to make 116. She‘ll be at open workout later today." 

She posted on Instagram indicating that everything's good and there's nothing to worry about, so it certainly seems like she's planning on trying to make weight.

Hopefully this is the last time she gets booked at 115. It's clearly not a healthy weight class for her.

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Those big old tittties not sounding like a good idea now

115lbs hahahh

They're not even that big!  She went from an A to a BB 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

They're not even that big!  She went from an A to a BB 

They look massive on her. She went too big...

She had trouble cutting to 115 all her career. She also looked terrible but got away with the fights, by fighting cans. Rose exposed her... I think she’ll beat Karate Half Hottie, but she really should of stayed at 125. 

7 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

They look massive on her. She went too big...

She had trouble cutting to 115 all her career. She also looked terrible but got away with the fights, by fighting cans. Rose exposed her... I think she’ll beat Karate Half Hottie, but she really should of stayed at 125. 

I saw her in person about 3 months ago, she did an exhibition at my bjj gym here,  those pictures use filters m8

15 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

She posted on Instagram indicating that everything's good and there's nothing to worry about, so it certainly seems like she's planning on trying to make weight.

Hopefully this is the last time she gets booked at 115. It's clearly not a healthy weight class for her.

"within reason" doesn't inspire much confidence 

I get why's she trying to make the weight now though, she don't want that Jojo smoke

... this is the advantage of being anti-wmma > I couldn't care less about this fight

the m/e has always been Kron/ Cub, wait .... maybe Vick/ Price or Vettori/ Sanchez -

34 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Why the fook would JoJo smash a flatlined JJ, when she’s inches away from a title shot

I agree she's very close to a title shot but she's also 3-3 in her last 6 and 1-1 in her last 2. If she was offered Joanna it would make sense for her to take it as Joanna is still enough of a name where a win would likely finally get her to that title shot. 

Even if she only has competed at Flyweight once their isn't really a bigger name than her in the division other than Valentina.

6 hours ago, Jolldan said:

I agree she's very close to a title shot but she's also 3-3 in her last 6 and 1-1 in her last 2. If she was offered Joanna it would make sense for her to take it as Joanna is still enough of a name where a win would likely finally get her to that title shot. 

Even if she only has competed at Flyweight once their isn't really a bigger name than her in the division other than Valentina.

Jorge Masvidal is a can and look where he’s ended up....

7 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Michael Bisping is a can and look where he’s ended up....

Fixed m8

14 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Jorge Masvidal is a can and look where he’s ended up....

Man that seems like a tough comparison to make. Jorge had a massive KO against a major prospect the UFC were pushing hard in Till and then gets the quickest KO in UFC history against a guy who'd never lost a fight (who was also a champion from another promotion). 

Now nobody in the women's divisions is getting a push like Till (closest reckon you could make a case for is Suarez and she's still not getting anywhere near the same attention). That's why I think she wants the Joanna fight if she were to beat her and especially if she could finish her then Calderwood goes from a possible to contender out of about 2 or 3 girls straight to the top of the list.

The fact that she's weighing in early is a good sign but like, "hopeful she is good to go"? Is there only one scale in all of Tampa that is reserved for the weigh-ins? She should know if she's good to go or not.

1 hour ago, Mcmax3000 said:

The fact that she's weighing in early is a good sign but like, "hopeful she is good to go"? Is there only one scale in all of Tampa that is reserved for the weigh-ins? She should know if she's good to go or not.

Joanna likes to have a plethora of excuses at the ready in case things don't go her way. She made weight so this whole thing was her setting those excuses up preemptively. 

Edited by Decompoze

21 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

God damn even Dern made weight for this card, its some kind of miracle.

14 fights minus 3 wimz .... not too bad

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Man that seems like a tough comparison to make. Jorge had a massive KO against a major prospect the UFC were pushing hard in Till and then gets the quickest KO in UFC history against a guy who'd never lost a fight (who was also a champion from another promotion). 

Now nobody in the women's divisions is getting a push like Till (closest reckon you could make a case for is Suarez and she's still not getting anywhere near the same attention). That's why I think she wants the Joanna fight if she were to beat her and especially if she could finish her then Calderwood goes from a possible to contender out of about 2 or 3 girls straight to the top of the list.

But Jorge has been a journeyman and that’s the truth. A good knockout in London and a ‘lucky’ (but well worked) move, putting Askren down, shouldn’t define his career. He’s had plenty of time in the game to have already done that. As for being a BMP... Nah... Utter garbage

Good call on Suarez. Totally agree... Still think JJ is no more a draw in the women’s game, as she’s not evolved... Rose took her soul baby.. JOJO needs to fight the Bullet.. End of

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

God damn even Dern made weight for this card, its some kind of miracle.

How she actually makes 115 is a mystery... 

Edited by Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU