Sign in to follow this  
PlatinumClegg

Just how bad is Ben Askren?

I thought he was supposed to be a wizard on the ground.  He trash talked BJJ and got slept my a BJJ player using one arm.  Masvidal didn't get submitted by the human backpack.

I personally think he is one of the worst fighters on the entire roster, not just his division.  Robbie spiked him on his head and nearly killed him.  Jorge killed him in record fashion and a 45 year old Brazilian was piecing him up and stuffing his takedowns before finishing him.

Why was he being hyped in the 1st place?  He wasn't undefeated for one he get beat the hell up by some random in Japan.  Wasn't his last win over Shinya Aoki who fights at featherweight?

Jesus what's next?  Get knocked clean out while having full mount against Niko Price?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

He got wobbled by bums a couple times in One. He isn't invincible. His wrestling pedigree is impressive, but he hasn't seemed to progress much in striking at all, and the guy trains at Roufusport. lol.. That's all they do is strike! It's baffling that he hasn't picked up even a little from Woodley, Showtime, Felder, ****in somebody.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

He got wobbled by bums a couple times in One. He isn't invincible. His wrestling pedigree is impressive, but he hasn't seemed to progress much in striking at all, and the guy trains at Roufusport. lol.. That's all they do is strike! It's baffling that he hasn't picked up even a little from Woodley, Showtime, Felder, ****in somebody.

I think they are just using him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I think they are just using him.

I think the coaching might not be all it's cracked up to be, because the wrestling doesn't rub off from Askren, and the striking doesn't seem to rub off on Askren. I don't even know how that's possible because you shouldn't even really need a coach to pick up tips and simply learn how somebody moves, their tendencies, etc... but I don't know what else to blame. lol

• Like 2

Bad.  ESPN replayed UFC 239 last night, most enjoyable.  Asscreme running his piehole pre-fight, the knockout, and especially  Gamebred yelling at somebody cageside after the fight (Baldy?) "Why you put me in there with that bum?"  Just send his azz to Bellator already.

9 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

that jab and backfist were atrocious 

10 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Why was he being hyped in the 1st place?  He wasn't undefeated for one he get beat the hell up by some random in Japan.  

Joe Rogan marks and MMA "hardcore" fans who try to seem better than "casuals" by saying Askren was good caused this.

All you had to do is see him fight to know he sucks. He's got the skill set of someone from UFC 1.

• Like 3

And if Askren walked his **** into the cage with The World's Most Dangerous Man with his skill set in 1995, he'd probably get knocked out. 

• Like 2

Hyped up cuz he was laying on cans going undeafted before UFC , if you get tagged from Maia repeatedly you need to re evaluate or just retire.

19 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

So you're saying that you were not impressed by the ballerina back fist?

I read that he's considering retirement now. Good trade

3 hours ago, T.B.E said:

So you're saying that you were not impressed by the ballerina back fist?

I read that he's considering retirement now. Good trade

I'd still rather watch Askren fights than Mighty Mouse fights. Askren's have been infinitely more watchable fights.

• Like 2

Hes cm punk except there seemed to be a real hype behind him, would have bern better if he had been taken less seriously & had some easier opponents to start with. Boom roasted.

You can’t have an Olympic, former twice world champion (who defended their belts), come to the UFC and fight the likes of Mike Perry. He came in to fight the best (Jorge?!?) and go for the title. 
I like Askren and still believe he has a lot to give. However, considering his last loss. He mentioned it himself. He’s be looking at maybe 5-6 fights, before Dana would push him again. 

Now, considering he’s made a lot of money just from the UFC alone and he has his Wrestling academy and coaching MMA fighters etc. Does he really need to fight? No, cause he doesn’t!

Still more entertaining that MM

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

You can’t have an Olympic, former twice world champion (who defended their belts), come to the UFC and fight the likes of Mike Perry. He came in to fight the best (Jorge?!?) and go for the title. 
I like Askren and still believe he has a lot to give. However, considering his last loss. He mentioned it himself. He’s be looking at maybe 5-6 fights, before Dana would push him again. 

Now, considering he’s made a lot of money just from the UFC alone and he has his Wrestling academy and coaching MMA fighters etc. Does he really need to fight? No, cause he doesn’t!

He said three. lol

9 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I'd still rather watch Askren fights than Mighty Mouse fights. Askren's have been infinitely more watchable fights.

You cannot argue that.  With his 0-3 UFC run him getting stopped was nice.

If we are keeping it real Robbie knocked him out at least 3 times.

• Like 4

Another point worth noting is he is past his prime and not getting any younger so I don't see him getting a lot better overall.

20 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

If we're also keeping it real, Robbie didn't put the guy out enough because Askren had his neck thirty seconds later. In a street fight with no ref at all, Robbie gets choked out 100/100 times.

So let's give it a break with the Lawler fight.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

He did just get beat by a 40 year old and masvidal been in the sport longer than askren. So not like he is getting beaten by new up and comers. Hes losing to vets who been fighting as long as he has and are of similar age. It is an insult really to think he plans to retire because he got beat by a guy who is 5 years older than him. If anyone was planning retirement it should be Maia.

Edited by PunchBag

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Robbie had that dude face down getting pounded

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

If we're also keeping it real, Robbie didn't put the guy out enough because Askren had his neck thirty seconds later. In a street fight with no ref at all, Robbie gets choked out 100/100 times.

lol in a streetfight Askrens skull would have SHATTERED on the concrete 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

lmao no he hasn't, Clegg has made more in Amazon stock

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, carnages said:

It may have been scraped off the ground once or twice, but pillow fisted Lawler isn't shattering anybody's skull.

27 minutes ago, carnages said:

Right? Imagine taking that bump on concrete. Dude would be dead on impact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Askren has made more money in 1 year in the UFC, then MM in his whole UFC career.

8n8NFtF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

8n8NFtF.jpg

I'm reading Ben Askren got $350,000 for Ruthless, $210,000 for Jorge and $263,000 for Maia

From Fighting, that's $823,000 without sponsers etc....

There's no way some Skinny, big eared midget is getting anywhere near that in 50 years...

Hey Dumb Dumb.. Go get the juice box

42 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

I'm reading Ben Askren got $350,000 for Ruthless, $210,000 for Jorge and $263,000 for Maia

From Fighting, that's $823,000 without sponsers etc....

There's no way some Skinny, big eared midget is getting anywhere near that in 50 years...

Hey Dumb Dumb.. Go get the juice box

He doesn't get **** for sponsors because Reebok money is based on fights in the UFC so he gets like $4000. 

Mighty Mouse made $470,000 for the Cejudo fight including his POTN bonus and Reebok money. 

He made $460,000 for the Ray Borg fight. 

That's $930,000 for two fights. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He doesn't get **** for sponsors because Reebok money is based on fights in the UFC so he gets like $4000. 

Mighty Mouse made $470,000 for the Cejudo fight including his POTN bonus and Reebok money. 

He got paid in Pesos brother... 

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Lol, facts in 2019.

If wickles82 says Ben has made more in a year than mm has his whole career, I'm not letting a couple of verifiable facts get in the way. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

This idiot wickles just makes up his own facts. lol

It's like he's a Soup alt that doesn't believe in Google. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

LMFAO!!!!

Biggest closet fan of the worst ranked fighter on the roster.  Robbie gave a thumbs up and was about to spike this clown on his head again if Herb Dean didn't save Ben's life... and potential career that Jorge ruined.

• Like 2

Please tell me you are joking.  There's bantamweights on the roster that aren't even ranked in the top 10 that would spin Ben Askren's head clean off his shoulders in a street fight.  The dude sucks and I was dumb enough to think he could possibly suck Jorge's d!ck for 15 minutes which cost me at least a second yacht.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

LMFAO!!!!

Biggest closet fan of the worst ranked fighter on the roster.  Robbie gave a thumbs up and was about to spike this clown on his head again if Herb Dean didn't save Ben's life... and potential career that Jorge ruined.

The entire world saw Robbie’s lifeless arm, drop quicker than the twin towers. 

Give it up, buttercup

21 hours ago, juice64011 said:

It's like he's a Soup alt that doesn't believe in Google. 

Soup's anti Google gimmick is one of my personal favourite forum gimmicks.

• Like 2