Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Jon Jones agrees to fight undefeated contender Dominick Reyes

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/breaking-jon-jones-agrees-to-fight-undefeated-contender-dominick-reyes/

Jon Jones, Jan Blachowicz

Earlier this week UFC President Dana White said he liked the idea of Jon Jones defending his light heavyweight title against Dominick Reyes next.

While ‘Bones’ was initially against the idea, the UFC light heavyweight champion had a change of heart this evening and announced that he does in fact fight want Reyes next.

Jones took to Twitter where he explained that after watching footage of both Corey Anderson and Dominick Reyes with his coaches, the team has determined Reyes to be the more dangerous foe.

Jon Jones continued by taking a shot at last weekend’s UFC 244 winner Corey Anderson.

Reyes beat 2 lhw fighters with credentials, osp and volkan(we all know who won that), canonier is a fat middleweight weidman too.

Anderson has a tko win over the goat Sean oconnell, and 4 straight 3 against actual lhws

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the_vagenius said:

Bones still ducking corey anderson... plain and simple

Exactly.

Jones knows Corey got the tools to give a decent challenge.

He chooses to fight a one dimensional striker who will prob end up being on a sub

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the_vagenius said:

Bones still ducking corey anderson... plain and simple

Which doesn't make sense at all, but it is happening. lol

10 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Should be Corey, but I guess he'll be next.  At least he's not campaigning for a "super-fight" like most champs tend to.

He will ...

He is just "buying time" along with Adesanya

I don't think Jon Jones is afraid of fighting OSP, that would be weird.  I'm surprised that's the takeaway for some people.   My guess, and this is just a guess, this trolling of his is one of two things.  

Hypothesis #1.  Jon Jones doesn't like OSP.

Title shots come with much larger purses, and if a fighter loses but does well, they stay high in the rankings and another title shot is bestowed upon them sooner rather than later.  Hell, we've seen immediate rematches, especially if a fight ends controversially or due to injury or eye poke.  Every big fight is potentially two big fights.   

We don't know what happens beyond the camera.  These guys see eachother at events, at press conferences and rules meetings.  They are familiar with eachother and Jones might not like him.  A title shot is a life-changing event, and maybe Jones doesn't like him, so he doesn't want to grant him this.  

Hypothesis #2.  Jones is trying to build an eventual fight with OSP.

This is just as likely.  Maybe even more likely.  

On 11/10/2019 at 8:56 AM, Megasoup said:

I don't think Jon Jones is afraid of fighting OSP, that would be weird.  I'm surprised that's the takeaway for some people.   My guess, and this is just a guess, this trolling of his is one of two things.  

Hypothesis #1.  Jon Jones doesn't like OSP.

Title shots come with much larger purses, and if a fighter loses but does well, they stay high in the rankings and another title shot is bestowed upon them sooner rather than later.  Hell, we've seen immediate rematches, especially if a fight ends controversially or due to injury or eye poke.  Every big fight is potentially two big fights.   

We don't know what happens beyond the camera.  These guys see eachother at events, at press conferences and rules meetings.  They are familiar with eachother and Jones might not like him.  A title shot is a life-changing event, and maybe Jones doesn't like him, so he doesn't want to grant him this.  

Hypothesis #2.  Jones is trying to build an eventual fight with OSP.

This is just as likely.  Maybe even more likely.  

they already fought in '16, plus Reyes beat OSP @ 229

DC_vs._Jones_2.jpg

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

You took the bait.  😕

I'm not going to lie, I wasn't trying to troll. I confused OSP with Corey Anderson for a moment.   And let's be honest, if you saw either one of them trying to sell single-cigarettes at a bus stop, could you really tell them apart?