Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Diego Sanchez issues scathing attack on Darren Till over pre-fight nerves

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/diego-sanchez-issues-scathing-attack-on-darren-till-over-pre-fight-nerves/

Diego Sanchez

UFC veteran Diego Sanchez has taken a shot at middleweight contender Darren Till over his recent comments regarding pre-fight nerves.

Till is still riding the high of his split decision triumph over Kelvin Gastelum this past weekend in the co-main event of UFC 244. However, while the win itself was impressive, the real headline in the wake of the result was “The Gorilla” coming out and saying that he was terrified to get into the Octagon again and even contemplated faking an injury.

A lot of fighters and fans came out in support of the Liverpudlian, but Diego Sanchez had a very different reaction.

“Every fighter?! this be some number one bulls***!!!! Maybe he is coming from some money or something! All the work! decades! to finally get some real money! Fake a injury I’m sorry Ariel but don’t butter till up like this is cool to get a good interview! @platinummikeperry what you think **** s*** or **** s***? Match him up with @yoelromeromma and he really is gonna fake a injury!! Sorry guy I just can’t relate to this weak **** s***”.

3 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Till said what I was thinking, ..  I assumed most of what he was saying . .

Yeah and I don't say this as a hater because I love watching Diego's fight but to me that's the healthier attitude to have long-term. 

Where as Diego's "Im a warrior" attitude means I really hope we don't but I wouldn't be surprised if we see him in 10-15 years sounding like Meldrick Taylor does now. 

• Like 1

Diego is a punch drunk retard that got whooped by Mike Chiesa.  Darrel floored the baddest motherf*cker in the game as soon as the ref said fight after the break for a d!ck kick.

I'm KINDA becoming a fan.  He's not trying to suck another man's **** or shoulder bump them against the cage.

• Like 1

I think it's 50/50.  I remember feeling absolutely no worries at all going into some fights, maybe most fights.  I also remember being really nervous a few times.  I was never scared, but I also wasn't fighting at such a high level.  It always felt weird, though.  As though I was in a lucid dream, especially when it started.  Those feelings had little to do with my preparation or my opponent, as I remember.  They were just feelings, and I can't account for them.  

12 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

I think it's 50/50.  I remember feeling absolutely no worries at all going into some fights, maybe most fights.  I also remember being really nervous a few times.  I was never scared, but I also wasn't fighting at such a high level.  It always felt weird, though.  As though I was in a lucid dream, especially when it started.  Those feelings had little to do with my preparation or my opponent, as I remember.  They were just feelings, and I can't account for them.  

What about going into a rape?

3 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

What about going into a rape?

There ain't nothing I can do to control my nerves going into a rape.  I just try to put on the hardest-hitting Salsa rhythms and focus on my footwork until my instincts take over.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All these people talking about not being nervous. Your amateur fighting career in the middle of nowhere doesn't compare to fighting in the UFC at MSG. It wasn't the fight itself Till was afraid of, as he said. It was everything else, the lights, pressure, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

All these people talking about not being nervous. Your amateur fighting career in the middle of nowhere doesn't compare to fighting in the UFC at MSG. It wasn't the fight itself Till was afraid of, as he said. It was everything else, the lights, pressure, etc.

Benny went 1-1, show some ****in respect.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:31 AM, cashfl0w said:

Benny went 1-1, show some ****in respect.

Dude, I had over 20 boxing matches.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I've been tending bar since I was 23 (but for a 7 year respite,) taking fights has always involved taking off work, which I couldn't always do.    I'm 41, and I still practice BJJ at least once or twice every week.  You can razz me if you want, and I'm never going to claim to be Randy Couture, but I know a little bit.  

I apologize for the tone, but I've been drinking a little. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

Dude, I had over 20 boxing matches.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I've been tending bar since I was 23 (but for a 7 year respite,) taking fights has always involved taking off work, which I couldn't always do.    I'm 41, and I still practice BJJ at least once or twice every week.  You can razz me if you want, and I'm never going to claim to be Randy Couture, but I know a little bit.  

I apologize for the tone, but I've been drinking a little. 

Benny went 1-1 and had over 20 boxing matches, show some ****in respect.