Sign in to follow this  
Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU

Ben Askren to call retirement today

I like his honesty, though needing a new hip had to effect his performance.

“I lost because I wasn’t good enough. Plain and simple. My opponents beat me and they were better than me. I want that said out there. These hip issues for me are totally separate. I lost because I wasn’t good enough. These obviously seems like excuses, but I do not want them viewed in that light,” he concluded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

I like his honesty, though needing a new hip had to effect his performance.

“I lost because I wasn’t good enough. Plain and simple. My opponents beat me and they were better than me. I want that said out there. These hip issues for me are totally separate. I lost because I wasn’t good enough. These obviously seems like excuses, but I do not want them viewed in that light,” he concluded.

New hip or old hip, he'd still be an unathletic string bean that can't box.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

That’s your opinion.. I like him and that’s my problem.. We all can’t agree etc etc

I would say that whatever people think of him as a ‘fighter’. He still achieved more from MMA than 95%+ of fighters world wide. That’s a fact

Yeah, nobody but him can say they got knocked out the fastest in UFC history. That's a record that seriously may be unbeatable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PATSTER said:

Yeah, nobody but him can say they got knocked out the fastest in UFC history. That's a record that seriously may be unbeatable.

So you are basically painting his whole career on him getting knocked out, once. Just like saying Masvidal had a Stella career before fighting Till. He was a jobber with a bang average record. Masvidal got lucky, because without Ben Askren’s heat and without the knee. Jorge would be back on the prelims 

1 minute ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

So you are basically painting his whole career on him getting knocked out, once. Just like saying Masvidal had a Stella career before fighting Till. He was a jobber with a bang average record. Masvidal got lucky, because without Ben Askren’s heat and without the knee. Jorge would be back on the prelims 

What else notable did he do? Lay on some jobbers in Asia?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

His Trophy cabinet is bigger than 95% of fighters (every fighter)

And all those trophies were all exposed as fraudulent when he came to the UFC and got blacked in every fight.

I don't even dislike the guy personally. He had some funny interviews and rivalries, but he ****ing sucks.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

And all those trophies were all exposed as fraudulent when he came to the UFC and got blacked in every fight.

I don't even dislike the guy personally. He had some funny interviews and rivalries, but he ****ing sucks.

The history books tell a different story

Multiple world champion and an ambassador to hundreds/thousands of young wrestlers  

The UFC Isn’t all that. Look at how they deal the cards and play to fighters needs

You’d take a fraction of his achievement

4 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

The history books tell a different story

Multiple world champion and an ambassador to hundreds/thousands of young wrestlers  

The UFC Isn’t all that. Look at how they deal the cards and play to fighters needs

You’d take a fraction of his achievement

The UFC isn't all that lmfao

Guess Ben getting bodied in the UFC is even worse than I thought originally

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

The UFC isn't all that lmfao

Do the UFC pay out fairly - NO

Do the UFC look after the fans -NO

Do some fighters get royally screwed over - YES

Do the ‘superstars’ get ‘looked after’ - YES

Would MMA move forward without the UFC??? - YES

Listen. It’s all opinions blah blah blah

If someone is pouring cold water on someone like Ben Askren’s career achievements. I think they’re in cloud cookoo land. Any fan, fighter, man women would be happy with an inch of it. 

now that Ben Askren was a bust, the UFC should trade all of their womens divisions to One FC in exchange for Mighty Mouse.

mighty mouse would be centerpiece for the greatest trade deal in the history of trade deals. flatlining Ben Askren's career, and then disposing of lol wmma.  hell yeah, go UFC!  kill two stones with one bird.

• Like 1

Once again wickles proves that he is the dumbest, most fcking contemptible prlck on any forum. Just a complete and total imbecile. 

I would say CM Punk had a better UFC career than Askren. At least he stepped up in his first fight, and didn't hide away in bum scrub Asia and ar$e rape ansolute nobodies for years and years. And even then, the fcking bum almost lost.

Askren's UFC career mirrors wickles career on this forum - FCKING SHlTE.

• Sad 1

Just now, Dark_Horse said:

Once again wickles proves that he is the dumbest, most fcking contemptible prlck on any forum. Just a complete and total imbecile. 

I would say CM Punk had a better UFC career than Askren. At least he stepped up in his first fight, and didn't hide away in bum scrub Asia and ar$e rape ansolute nobodies for years and years. And even then, the fcking bum almost lost.

Askren's UFC career mirrors wickles career on this forum - FCKING SHlTE.

You clearly have a deep and dark inferior complex, as you don’t have have some anger issues

The anger blinds your common sense and the hatred towards Muslims, is untrue. You have some dark secrets boy

10 hours ago, Dark_Horse said:

Once again wickles proves that he is the dumbest, most fcking contemptible prlck on any forum.

Hold my beer

• Sad 1

I'm not calling bs, but I wonder if he has a severe hip and leg injury, along the lines of what put Bo Jackson on the shelf.  Fooked up way to go.

On 11/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Look, the UFC is the big leagues. Whatever he did in another organization does not count. That's just the facts. If it was pride, strikeforce, or even bellator, I'd give him a pass. He was fighting bums. 

6 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Look, the UFC is the big leagues. Whatever he did in another organization does not count. That's just the facts. If it was pride, strikeforce, or even bellator, I'd give him a pass. He was fighting bums. 

He's a bellator champion. Douglas Lima, Aoki, Koreshkov, Heiron, and Lyman Good are far from being bums. 

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

He's a bellator champion. Douglas Lima, Aoki, Koreshkov, Heiron, and Lyman Good are far from being bums. 

Ben is not elite in any sense. He's a wrestler that never developed any other skills. And Lima puts Ben through a wall in 2019 as fast as @cashfl0w does to a Diaz brother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2019 at 2:36 PM, PATSTER said:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, juice64011 said:

5 cans. you'll never find any of them on a ufc on ESPN+ card, where all the higher class bums hang out.  

i mean why are you even bringing up jay hieron?  the most noteable thing that dude has ever done throughout his illustrious MMA career was get knocked out by georges st pierre.

Edited by -idyb-

This is simple, it doesn't matter if you think he's great or if he sucks. He's retiring because he can't hack it in the ufc. So, he sucks. Askren confirmed it by retiring.

12 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

This is simple, it doesn't matter if you think he's great or if he sucks. He's retiring because he can't hack it in the ufc. So, he sucks. Askren confirmed it by retiring.

This is a level of stupidity I wasn't prepared to encounter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I agree with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what you think or what I think. The fact is he's retiring because he isn't good enough, plain and simple. 

Ben's a good lad, seems fairly affable, doesn't take himself too seriously, and is undoubtedly a decent wrestler.  Just like Maia, he's made the absolute most of the one dimension that he has, but he remains that; a 1-dimensional fighter, and they rarely, if ever thrive in modern MMA.

He's had a good career, but is nowhere near the elite. Glad he's had this epiphany before he goes on a Koscheck-esque run.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Ben's a good lad, seems fairly affable, doesn't take himself too seriously, and is undoubtedly a decent wrestler.  Just like Maia, he's made the absolute most of the one dimension that he has, but he remains that; a 1-dimensional fighter, and they rarely, if ever thrive in modern MMA.

He's had a good career, but is nowhere near the elite. Glad he's had this epiphany before he goes on a Koscheck-esque run.

Maia is way better than Ben. Even 45 year old Maia with no gas tank outlasted Ben.

• Like 1

He did more for the UFC in three fights (two of which were losses) than Mighty Mouse did in his entire championship reign. I'm sure he would've had a better record in the UFC if they hadn't put him in there against Top 5 opponents, but what would be the fun in that? I hope he has a great post-fight career.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ijosef said:

He did more for the UFC in three fights (two of which were losses) than Mighty Mouse did in his entire championship reign. I'm sure he would've had a better record in the UFC if they hadn't put him in there against Top 5 opponents, but what would be the fun in that? I hope he has a great post-fight career.

Boom roasted