Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Knockout, Submission & Decision Of The Decade

Knockout, Submission & Decision Of The Decade  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Best Knockout?

    • Edson Barboza over Terry Etim (Wheel Kick) UFC 142, 2012
    • Anderson Silva over Vitor Belfort (Front Kick) UFC 126, 2011
    • Jorge Masvidal over Ben Askren (Flying Knee) UFC 239, 2019
    • Yair Rodriguez over Korean Zombie (Elbow) UFC Fight Night 139, 2018
    • Lyoto Machida over Randy Couture (Jumping Front Kick) UFC 129, 2011
    • Holly Holm over Ronda Rousey (Head Kick) UFC 193, 2015
      0
    • Conor McGregor over Jose Also (Hook) UFC 194, 2015
      0
    • Franci Ngannou over Alistair Overeem (Uppercut) UFC 218, 2017
      0
  2. 2. Best Submission?

    • Frank Mir over Minotauro Nogueira (Kimura) UFC 140, 2011
    • Korean Zombie over Leonard Garcia (Twister) UFC Fight Night 24, 2011
    • Demetrious Johnson over Ray Borg (Flying Armbar) UFC 216, 2017
    • Jon Jones over Lyoto Machida (Guillotine Choke) UFC 140, 2011
    • Oleksiy leinik over Viktor Pesta (Ezekiel Choke) UFC Fight Night 103, 2017
  3. 3. Best Decision?

    • Gilbert Melendez over Diego Sanchez (Unamious Decision) UFC 166, 2013
      0
    • Dan Henderson over Shogun Rua (Unamious Decision) UFC 139, 2011
    • Jon Jones over Alexander Gustafsson (Unamious Decision) UFC 165, 2013
    • Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard II (Split Draw) UFC 125, 2011
    • Israel Adesanya over Kelvin Gastelum (Unamious Decision) UFC 236, 2019


Recommended Posts

As we approach the end of 2019 we near the end of a whole decade in the UFC where we have witnessed some truly great fights with incredible finishes, be it first time ever submissions or last second unbelievable knockouts. With that in mind I thought it would be cool for us to decide the best of each of them for the decade. 

Now I know everyone will likely have different opinions on which of each was the best so I have just provided 5 choices for each to start with if there's one you think I've missed out just comment below and I will add them.

 

Knockout

  • Barboza vs. Etim
  • Silva vs. Belfort 
  • Masvidal vs. Askren
  • Rodriguez vs. Korean Zombie
  • Machida vs. Couture 

 

Submission

  • Mir vs. Nogueira II
  • Korean Zombie vs. Garcia II
  • Johnson vs. Borg 
  • Jones vs. Machida
  • Oleinik vs. Pesta 

 

Decision 

  • Melendez vs. Sanchez
  • Rua vs. Henderson 
  • Jones vs. Gustafsson 
  • Edgar vs. Maynard II 
  • Adesanya vs. Gastelum

 

Edited by Jolldan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KO - GSP vs Bisping

Submission - GSP vs Bisping

Decision - GSP vs Bisping

first GSP knocked Bisping dead with a left hook. then GSP strangled Bisping unconscious with a rear naked choke. And then immediately afterwards, GSP made the decision to take home another belt and retire after defeating every single opponent he had ever fought and having nothing left for him to accomplish in the sport that he hadn't already accomplished

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the criteria?

Best ko/sub/dec from....

a fans perspective?

Business marketing wise(global brand recognition)?

Fighters/martial artists pov?

Shock value?

Are we talking statistically or opinion based?

Lol

From marketing side I'd say mac/aldo or honda gktfo.

From a fan I'd say masvidal/askren or yair/zombie..

Shock value as a fan(we all knew holly was gonna smoke honda)/business man I'd say tj/barao... 

I'm not good at these lists hahaha I over analyze everything, thanks for ruining my day pal lol

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 11:27 AM, PATSTER said:

Not voting because every submission on there sucks.

yeah where the **** are the submissions due to strikes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, carnages said:

yeah where the **** are the submissions due to strikes

And look at the knockouts. Imagine having the top knockouts of the decade and not including Conor over Aldo. 

A fixed Machida KO over The Natural is on the list.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

And look at the knockouts. Imagine having the top knockouts of the decade and not including Conor over Aldo. 

A fixed Machida KO over The Natural is on the list.

and Hendo over Shogun a good decision? LMFAO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, juice64011 said:

giphy.gif

This is the only knockout that I've ever seen in person that made me genuinely worried for the guy. Overeem's head snapping back like that and him just dropping.. I thought that dude was dead. The usual pop for a knockout like that in the building was muffled because everybody else was wondering if Overeem was dead. Not even kidding.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holly KO of Ronda, McGregor KO of Aldo and Ngannou KO or Overeem have been added due to popular demand.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:36 PM, the_vagenius said:

What's the criteria?

Best ko/sub/dec from....

a fans perspective?

Business marketing wise(global brand recognition)?

Fighters/martial artists pov?

Shock value?

Are we talking statistically or opinion based?

Lol

From marketing side I'd say mac/aldo or honda gktfo.

From a fan I'd say masvidal/askren or yair/zombie..

Shock value as a fan(we all knew holly was gonna smoke honda)/business man I'd say tj/barao... 

I'm not good at these lists hahaha I over analyze everything, thanks for ruining my day pal lol

 

 

 

 

Purely your own perspective 

For example: I know some people would rate McGregor's ko of Aldo higher than Barboza's ko of Etim because Conor's was for a title so you could easily make the argument its a far more important fight. And vice versa some would rate Baboza's ko higher as it was a far rarer way for a ko to happen and has stood the test of time for a few years already. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:31 PM, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Honorable mentions

 

 

gifit-1500369806107-1500369823766-0-0-375-600-crop-1500369836908.gif

 

I was in Glasgow for this and honestly the sound Ward's head made was really worrying remember thinking he had a broken neck. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 7:11 PM, juice64011 said:

giphy.gif

It's not often you see a dude's soul knocked out his body. 

One that always resonates with me though is Barboza turning Terry Etim into a plank of wood lmao. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

It's not often you see a dude's soul knocked out his body. 

One that always resonates with me though is Barboza turning Terry Etim into a plank of wood lmao. 

that one was almost as glorious as that time where GSP served Bisping up the saturday night special.

but the other week kevin lee knocked gregor gillespie just about as dead as i've ever seen anyone, so that one gets an honourable mention too.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and who could ever forget hendo vs bisping?   that was the punch heard across the world, and launched michael bispings career on the course towards greatness and title belts.  wait a minute, i think GSP might have actually been fighting on that same card.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, -idyb- said:

and who could ever forget hendo vs bisping?   that was the punch heard across the world, and launched michael bispings career on the course towards greatness and title belts.  wait a minute, i think GSP might have actually been fighting on that same card.

Yep, defended his strap against Thiago Alves. UD 50-45 50-45 50-44.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Yep, defended his strap against Thiago Alves. UD 50-45 50-45 50-44.

whooped his ass with a broken groin.  conor mcgregor would have tapped out and sat on the couch for 2 more years just to recover from the same pain that georgie goat fought through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for the Andy front kik. You never really saw front kiks to the grill before that and now you see it a lot, so he was a bit of a trend setter with that KO. It was such an awesome KO on its own as well, nevermind the influence it had on the sport.

 

Not to mention it was against super roids Vitor, which in my mind elevates it big time over KOs of people like Etim and Askren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 1:58 AM, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

KO - Hendo (though Romero/Rockhold close)

Sub - Too many (calf sliver stands out)

Dec - The Hendricks robbery

Yes, the Brett Johns calf slicer needs a holler but how you don’t include Ryan hall vs bj penn for submission is mind blowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 9:13 PM, -idyb- said:

and who could ever forget hendo vs bisping?   that was the punch heard across the world, and launched michael bispings career on the course towards greatness and title belts.  wait a minute, i think GSP might have actually been fighting on that same card.

If it really is for this decade, hendo vs Bisping was in 09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Darth_Sprawl said:

Yes, the Brett Johns calf slicer needs a holler but how you don’t include Ryan hall vs bj penn for submission is mind blowing.

The ghost of BJ Penn was 1-7-1 in his last 9 going into that fight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

The ghost of BJ Penn was 1-7-1 in his last 9 going into that fight. 

It was still a badass submission, and done on a multiple level black belt.

Hall could’ve performed the move against a part time plumber on the early prelims of Fight Night Moncton and it still could get a shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, Jolldan said:

As we approach the end of 2019 we near the end of a whole decade in the UFC where we have witnessed some truly great fights with incredible finishes, be it first time ever submissions or last second unbelievable knockouts. With that in mind I thought it would be cool for us to decide the best of each of them for the decade. 

Now I know everyone will likely have different opinions on which of each was the best so I have just provided 5 choices for each to start with if there's one you think I've missed out just comment below and I will add them.

 

Knockout

  • Barboza vs. Etim
  • Silva vs. Belfort 
  • Masvidal vs. Askren
  • Rodriguez vs. Korean Zombie
  • Machida vs. Couture 

 

Submission

  • Mir vs. Nogueira II
  • Korean Zombie vs. Garcia II
  • Johnson vs. Borg 
  • Jones vs. Machida
  • Oleinik vs. Pesta 

 

Decision 

  • Melendez vs. Sanchez
  • Rua vs. Henderson 
  • Jones vs. Gustafsson 
  • Edgar vs. Maynard II 
  • Adesanya vs. Gastelum

 

God I hadn’t seen how bad this sucked. You know I once had a ladder match with a midget childhood friend of mine and that is no “chit” as y. All like to say. I kinda won the match but we never really linked up after that and that’s A-ok with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×