Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Anthony Pettis returns to lightweight to fight Diego Ferreira at Jan. 18 show

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/11/26/20983272/anthony-pettis-returns-to-lightweight-to-fight-diego-ferreira-at-jan-18-show

137_Anthony_Pettis.0.jpg

Anthony Pettis is returning to the division where he once reigned as champion.

MMA Fighting confirmed with sources that “Showtime” will fight Diego Ferreira (16-2) in a 155-pound bout at the upcoming Jan. 18 pay-per-view expected to take place in Las Vegas. The matchup was first reported by MMA Junkie.

This will be Pettis’s first lightweight bout since UFC 229 in October 2018. At that event, Pettis lost by second-round corner stoppage to Tony Ferguson. The 32-year-old has competed in three weight classes in the UFC and captured gold at 155 pounds, successfully defending that title once.

Pettis’s last two bouts have taken place at welterweight. He split those outings, defeating Stephen Thompson by second-round KO and then losing a unanimous decision to Nate Diaz.

Ferreira is currently on a five-fight winning streak, with decision victories in 2019 over Mairbek Taisumov and Rustam Khabilov. The 34-year-old Brazilian owns a 7-2 UFC record.

The Jan. 18 show is tentatively scheduled to be UFC 246 and to take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, pending the finalization of a rumored main event involving Conor McGregor

Who you got in this one? 

I thought Anthony was really having a hard time making the 155 weight ?, he's walks around much heavier.

14 hours ago, Jolldan said:

The Jan. 18 show is tentatively scheduled to be UFC 246 and to take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, pending the finalization of a rumored main event involving Conor McGregor

This is wrong. 

Oleinik's contract says it's a Fight Night event. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Sounds like the UFC didn't want to allow Pettis a complete gimme easy fight after all.. 

His coach was angling for Conor fight, much like every other coach, agent, friend, family member, etc of literally every fighter.

The only other fight mentioned was Gilbert Burns after Nate. You're an even bigger retard than I thought if you think Gilbert Burns is a cupcake fight.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

His coach was angling for Conor fight, much like every other coach, agent, friend, family member, etc of literally every fighter.

The only other fight mentioned was Gilbert Burns after Nate. You're an even bigger retard than I thought if you think Gilbert Burns is a cupcake fight.

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1173759529248387077/video/1

LOL when will the lies end with you?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

How ridiculous that Showtime had accepted the callout of Diego Sanchez, who is now fighting a higher ranked fighter than Showtime (Demian Maia)?!?!

Yeah, you're an idiot. I knew it.

Cant blame Diego for taking the much tougher matchup here lol

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Lol pettis trying to get out of the fight alreadyScreenshot_20191128-213928_Instagram.thumb.jpg.3878a64a60a920f7154eb748d8d47e11.jpg

You must have had a crush on a girl with a Showtime poster or something. 

I was going to say Showtime took your girl, but you don't have one, and Showtime doesn't bang Mexican peasants.

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

You must have had a crush on a girl with a Showtime poster or something. 

I was going to say Showtime took your girl, but you don't have one, and Showtime doesn't bang Mexican peasants.

I've said this before but it is very questionable that Vert follows all of these dudes on Instagram. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's an old picture or something, nothing listed on Anthony's Twitter or Instagram pages....Vert trolling

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PATSTER said:

I've said this before but it is very questionable that Vert follows all of these dudes on Instagram. 

Vert is the type of dude who watches every weigh-in clip he can before deciding who he picks in Prediction League.

That's not even a joke. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Vert is the type of dude who watches every weigh-in clip he can before deciding who he picks in Prediction League.

That's not even a joke. 

Need to compare **** size 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bwana said:

That's an old picture or something, nothing listed on Anthony's Twitter or Instagram pages....Vert trolling

He posted it in his timeline that expires after 24 hr

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

He posted it in his timeline that expires after 24 hr

What ?...bullchit

All of his recent pictures are him with his beautiful lady and training, even going fishing for salmon.

So tell us what is supposedly wrong with his health, while he bangs his girl and trains at the gym ?

22 minutes ago, Bwana said:

What ?...bullchit

All of his recent pictures are him with his beautiful lady and training, even going fishing for salmon.

So tell us what is supposedly wrong with his health, while he bangs his girl and trains at the gym ?

He posted that yesterday retardo 

I'm not an Instagram whorre, but never seen posted pictures that self destruct in 24hrs, this ain't Mission Impossible Julio

• Confused 3

Just now, Bwana said:

I'm not an Instagram whorre, but never seen posted pictures that self destruct in 24hrs, this ain't Mission Impossible Julio

Mate... I'm an old git and even i know that 'stories' disappear after 24 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Mate... I'm an old git and even i know that 'stories' disappear after 24 hours. 

Mate, what sense would that make ?....post a picture that blows up in 24hrs, why ?

Even if he did, am I supposed to feel some sort of way from a dude getting a blood test?

Is this another one of those cases where Vert tries to say Showtime is faking an injury? We've done that a thousand times, and he's been unsuccessful the other 999 times. I'm just going to guess this is the same as the others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bwana said:

Mate, what sense would that make ?....post a picture that blows up in 24hrs, why ?

OK boomer

25 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

OK boomer

I just don't "Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter" my life away.

Edited by Bwana
  • Haha 1