Mcmax3000

ESPN UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Rozenstruik

Bull**** stoppage, but exactly what I was worried about.

Alistair gets sloppy late in the fight.

Same thing happened against Big Country back in the day lucky for him he didn't get stopped in that one.

Did the same thing here and paid for it.

He should have just covered his face and ran the clock out.

Just now, JoshNOS said:

Also what was up with Rozenstruik in this fight?

He's normally a cool dude, but he was being a real prick.

Did I miss something in the buildup?

I think he was pissed that Reem said he wasn't on his level and didn't belong there. 

• Like 1

Ngannou vs Rozenstruik could be amazing. Reem made this boring. 

How were all the scorecards 4-0 Reem? I thought Rozenstruik won 2 rounds. He easily won round 4. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoshNOS said:

Bull**** stoppage, but exactly what I was worried about.

Alistair gets sloppy late in the fight.

Same thing happened against Big Country back in the day lucky for him he didn't get stopped in that one.

Did the same thing here and paid for it.

He should have just covered his face and ran the clock out.

I don't know why Bigi Boy didn't blast him with another right after he dropped him so that there wouldn't be any controversy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoshNOS said:

Also what was up with Rozenstruik in this fight?

He's normally a cool dude, but he was being a real prick.

Did I miss something in the buildup?

Overeem said Bigi wasn't on his level in a few interviews and Rozenstruik took that as disrespectful

(I wonder what level Alistair was referring to, .. the 39th ?)

Get that guy a horse meat skin graft stat! Karma really after Reem was trying to kiss & cuddle point score for 5 rounds. Got ****ed in the mouth.

14 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Stopped early... But big Dan is a man of safety. Once he saw that cut, WTF is he gonna do

Bullchiit, Robbie Lawler's was worse than that and he fought 2 more rounds....and refs bring the doctor into the cage to make the decision.

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Maybe time's are a changing 

What's changing in human**** fighting in a cage ?, terrible refs ?

rl2.jpg

rl1.png

• Like 1

lol i didnt want to believe it but on the judges scorecards overeem would have won that fight if it went the distance but man that sucks to be him. pretty epic fail.

f*cking referee had to get in the way of that one. it was almost a fight where a dude would have gotten a walk-off KO but still ended up losing the fight if the ref would have let reem still hobble around the cage for another 4 seconds

Edited by -idyb-

23 hours ago, juice64011 said:

dCVJlBi.jpg

hi kids. this picture is a friendly reminder of why you should never do krokodil

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

lol i didnt want to believe it but on the judges scorecards overeem would have won that fight if it went the distance but man that sucks to be him. pretty epic fail.

f*cking referee had to get in the way of that one. it was almost a fight where a dude would have gotten a walk-off KO but still ended up losing the fight if the ref would have let reem still hobble around the cage for another 4 seconds

4-0 Reem/ with 4 secs to go - ☘️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bwana said:

Bullchiit, Robbie Lawler's was worse than that and he fought 2 more rounds....and refs bring the doctor into the cage to make the decision.

It's gotten to the point where I almost need to find out who's reffing these fights before I bet on them.

Overeem had another four seconds in him. Obviously he's not going to spring to his feet with this guy swinging on him. He sat stationary waiting to see what the guy did. Then dipchit Big Dan finally jumps between them, after he bounced off of Rozenstruik right before that, but didn't stop it. Just a bad stoppage. You have to let Overeem eat another punch there. And I'm almost certain Overeem gets a flat rate, and no win bonus. So there's not a lot to be inferred from his lack of extreme protest. He shook his head and talked to Big Dan for a second, but a win over this guy did nothing for his career and ultimately the only thing that happened was a loss in the win column. That's why I think he just took it on the chin and didn't complain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

It's gotten to the point where I almost need to find out who's reffing these fights before I bet on them.

Overeem had another four seconds in him. Obviously he's not going to spring to his feet with this guy swinging on him. He sat stationary waiting to see what the guy did. Then dipchit Big Dan finally jumps between them, after he bounced off of Rozenstruik right before that, but didn't stop it. Just a bad stoppage. You have to let Overeem eat another punch there. And I'm almost certain Overeem gets a flat rate, and no win bonus. So there's not a lot to be inferred from his lack of extreme protest. He shook his head and talked to Big Dan for a second, but a win over this guy did nothing for his career and ultimately the only thing that happened was a loss in the win column. That's why I think he just took it on the chin and didn't complain.

I think reem gets something like $800k a fight. Not a bad payday for a busted lip. 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2019 at 2:46 AM, PlatinumClegg said:

I don't know why Bigi Boy didn't blast him with another right after he dropped him so that there wouldn't be any controversy.

Fo sho m8, don't know what was up with that Mark Hunt style turn away.  I was screaming at my tv screen thinking Overoid was going to blast Bigi senseless.

And thank God Anik or any of the other mouthpieces didn't try to reprise "Down goes Da Reem."

On 12/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, juice64011 said:

Ngannou vs Rozenstruik could be amazing. Reem made this boring. 

How were all the scorecards 4-0 Reem? I thought Rozenstruik won 2 rounds. He easily won round 4. 

Yeah, smh.  I was switching between the fight and  OSU v WI, so didn't catch Bruce's announcement pre main event.  Who da fook is the judging authority in DC, cause scoring was whack all evening.

big ben rothwell should get a performance of the night bonus for his impressive display of nut shots against stefan struve. somewhere out there, cheick kongo is proud

Edited by -idyb-

On 12/8/2019 at 12:59 AM, juice64011 said:

Ngannou vs Rozenstruik could be amazing.

^^^This would be wicked good!  Make it happen, Baldy.

No it wouldn't. That chit would be terrible.

Let Derrick Lewis send that fat goof to the back of the line. Ngannou is in line for a title shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Let Derrick Lewis send that fat goof to the back of the line. Ngannou is in line for a title shot.

This ^^^ Ngannou  has waited long enough, krist he's been begging for a fight.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Ugh... actually Francis is not in line for a title shot.  Daniel Cormier is and it looks like that trilogy isn't happening until June.  Francis hasn't fought since June of this year and he's complaining about fights.  He's talking about fighting out the 3 fights on his contract and leaving the promotion.  He's b!tching, moaning and complaining about not getting fights and about how Rozenstruik is targeting a March return and he wants to fight sooner.

So at this point the Diva that got embarrassed by Stipe in his title fight should take whatever he can get and when he can get it.

I understand he's won 3 fights in a row by stoppage.  However his fight with Derrick Lewis is still very much in memory bank.  You know the one where Derrick's back was blown out and Francis threw 8 strikes in a 15 minute fight and landed 1 or 2?

On 12/8/2019 at 2:03 PM, Bwana said:

Robbie's was bad but was it really worse?  lol no f*cking way was it worse.  Horsemeat's mouth was disgusting and I believe that's 18 knockout losses between MMA and kickboxing.  This idiot seriously needs to retire.

He was out there wrestling and setting career records for himself while doing it.

14 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Ugh... actually Francis is not in line for a title shot.  Daniel Cormier is and it looks like that trilogy isn't happening until June.  Francis hasn't fought since June of this year and he's complaining about fights.  He's talking about fighting out the 3 fights on his contract and leaving the promotion.  He's b!tching, moaning and complaining about not getting fights and about how Rozenstruik is targeting a March return and he wants to fight sooner.

So at this point the Diva that got embarrassed by Stipe in his title fight should take whatever he can get and when he can get it.

I understand he's won 3 fights in a row by stoppage.  However his fight with Derrick Lewis is still very much in memory bank.  You know the one where Derrick's back was blown out and Francis threw 8 strikes in a 15 minute fight and landed 1 or 2?

No.

Ngannou is next for the title shot. This idiot can fight someone who doesn't have a glass chin, and this time he can try winning more than three seconds of the fight.