Bubba_Sparks

The WORST title era

Worst reign ever  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What was the worst title reign in UFC history?

• Edgar at LW
    • Cejudo at BW/FlW
    • Whittaker at MW
    • GSP at WW
    • Conor at FW
    • De Random at WFW

Simple question; what was the worst title era in UFC history?  Here are the candidates:-

1. Frankie Edgar "Rematch" era.  LW.  August 28th 2010 to August 11th 2012. 

For 2 years and 6 fights, the LW division was held hostage by a wee pillow-fisted man dancing round the octagon point-fighting.  Despite being finished 5 times in one round, wee Frank managed to subject us to 24 rounds of pattercake, thus emphatically ending BJ's run of 4 finishes in 4 LW title fights.  Frankie would thankfully take his pillow fists to FW and never darken LW's doors again.

2.  Henry Cejudo "Cringe" era.  FlW/BW.  August 4th 2018 to present day.  No explanation needed.  Triple "C"...first inter-gender champion etc. etc. After MM destroying everyone at FlW, and the interesting triangle of Cruz/TJ/Cody, we now have....nothing.  No fights.  Just waffle.

3.  Robert Whittaker "Brittle Knuckles" era.  MW.  8th July 2017 to 6th October 2019.

For over 2 years, despite beating 0 champions or former champions, New Zealand's own was on top of the MW world.  He cemented his legacy by pulling out of fights due to a variety of minor ailments, and amassed an impressive 0 title defences in that time.  The once great division, home of the mighty Rich Franklin was in suspended animation as the plucky kiwi plodded his way through 10 rounds of dubious scoring with a judo-ist.  We will never get those 2 years back

4. GSP "No risk" era.  WW.  December 29th 2007 to November 16th 2013.

After a reasonably exciting early career, following his KO at the hands of Matt Serra, GSP decided that safety was his middle name.  After recapturing his belt against Matt Hughes, GSP managed a completely forgettable run of 10 fights, with only one finish, and that a dubious one.  Instead of fighting, GSP subjected us to 6 years and almost 50 rounds of a variety of cuddling, lying on people and sticking his head in people's crotch.  The UFC's former flagship division was now a farce, and it took a fat burger-eating man with a beard to finally send the farcical Frenchman packing.  Or was it aliens?

5. Conor McGregor "How could you possibly screw things up so badly??" era.  FW 12th December 2015 to who knows when it all went wrong.

Including this mainly so that those of you who are obsessed with Conor don't totally de-rail the thread whining about no Conor option.  But the Conor FW "era" was the moment the UFC completely stuffed everything up.  On the back of the long-promoted title fight with Aldo, matches with wee Frank, and rematches with Mendes, Aldo, Max etc. abounded.  Instead of capitalising on the momentum, we got the Diaz farce followed by LW fights and boxing.  What might have been.....

6. De Randamie at WFW. 

In the interests of diversity and inclusion, seemed fitting to have a wimmens in there. Can't even be bothered to research this one.  Seem to remember that the first ever woman's Featherweight champion was stripped due to "unwillingness".  'nuff said.

Please vote using the poll. Thank you for participating

• Like 2

Conor single handedly ruined MMA. It is a circus and a freakshow now. You have everyone including the GREAT Khabib talking about boxing matches with midget niglêts. The whole UFC is trash. 

The norm isn't a good card anymore and it all took a chit when that loud mouth casual magnet was handed the FW title via Aldo taking a dive, never defending the belt, getting strangled by Diaz and then losing a decision against the same Diaz idiot, and then given another title shot at LW. 

How can anyone say anything different is beyond me. 

I will say that we had some good cards while the ****ged was champ but lol at his title "reign". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

the WWE era.

they got diva's like conor trying to run the show,  they creating fake belts, and they got The Rock coming out to deliver them.  fortunately their CM Punk experiment went bust, but Brock Lesnar is about due for another title run.

Edited by -idyb-

5 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Brittle Knuckles never defended and when he eventually did got his **** kicked. 

i believe that the entire continent of australia had a day of mourning for that one.  even the koala bears were shedding tears after bobby bowels got pink socked

Edited by -idyb-

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Smh.  Back in the good old days this would already have had 20 votes for GSP.

I agree with WarWest. This place is LAME now.

Well back in the good old days titles were defended and not sat on like a cuck. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Well back in the good old days titles were defended and not sat on like a cuck. 

Yeah...i hate the modern day 'marquee' mentality as much as anyone. Defend thrice per year or jog on. 

I still blame the ufc more than Conor himself but that's a different debate/poll for a different day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

De Random took a FW title fight knowing that the title was created for Guyborg and he would be the next fight. Then she said no thanks and dropped the title.

Part of me enjoyed it because the title should have never been made and you know it pissed off Dana. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Brittle Knuckles never defended and when he eventually did got his **** kicked. 

At least he eventually attempted to defend. Comber has had 2 UFC titles and 2 regional promotion's titles and has never even signed a contract to defend one of them.

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Smh.  Back in the good old days this would already have had 20 votes for GSP.

I agree with WarWest. This place is LAME now.

fun fact of the day: thousands of well-educated fight fans have cast votes in sherdog's stickied all time goat poll and GSP is still winning by a landslide

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-goat-poll.3916359/

i'd liike you to go over to a more non-biased mma forum with more than 5 members and give them your thoughts on GSP

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

It's GDR.

That's why you should pile high on Nunes in a couple weeks. No chance they give GDR another title shot if they thought she had any chance of winning. 

• Like 5

Conor wins as he’s never defended a title. Worrying that even with split decision over Cowboy, he’ll be given another title shot.

Henry Cejudo a close second, as he’s keeping the 125 division open and everyone who does that, needs ‘taking care of’. He’s also the worlds worst chit talker.. 

Honourable mention to that little juice head chick at 115 who tapped to Rose, but got away with it and then handed over the belt to the Chinky girl

Win or lose, most of the people on the list at least defended.

Sure GDR didn't defend 1 belt, but Comber didn't defend 2. And it's not as if GDR was holding up a division, there was only 1 other person in it.

Title reigns now a days are a joke across the board, just look at the state of HW boxing.

The one exception is King Amanda, she is not only defending but cleaning out divisions.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, GoToGuy said:

GDR

and it's not even close. 

Correct. I even like De Random, but her actions surrounding the FW title were just atrocious.

1. She actually didn't win the fight. She gets a gift decision against Holly Holm - a fight in which De Random should've had AT LEAST one point deducted for each blatant shot thrown and landed after the horn sounded and the ref tried to separate.

2. After being gifted the title, she refuses to defend. First she makes excuses (injured thumb?), then uses the old Cyborg is on steroids excuse as her reason to refuse to fight.

3. She declares she's going back to 135lbs, forcing the UFC to strip her of the belt. She didn't even have the lady balls to vacate it herself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, T.B.E said:

Sure GDR didn't defend 1 belt, but Comber didn't defend 2. And it's not as if GDR was holding up a division, there was only 1 other person in it.

Title reigns now a days are a joke across the board, just look at the state of HW boxing.

The one exception is King Amanda, she is not only defending but cleaning out divisions.

No, that's what makes it most egregious. She knew damn well there was only one person she was fighting after winning the title, and she went in knowing she had no intention of fighting her.

People **** on Conor (you included), but there's 50 ****ing idiots in both of those weight classes, and the UFC creates interim title belts out of thin air every other day. They didn't have the option with Cyborg/GDR because they didn't have anybody else worth a damn for Cyborg to fight.

The answer here is quite clearly GDR.

• Like 1

Wtf Duckpings title error isnt listed. 

Rip many other fighters title runs due to bisping sitting out, forcing them to fight eachother for next shot at the title & he ducked a hilarious drubbing from Romero, who basically killed off the top guys, most the guys yoel fought havent been the same since. Then he fought oap hendo thinking it was an easy revenge win. which imo he lost & gsp fight for cash & probably thought gsp would be a shadow of his former self since hed been retired a while & got beat. Michael "the c*nt" Bisping didnt even earn his title shot in the first place, just a last minute replacement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Gotta be the Spitsping era. "defends" against a 70 year old who wasn't anywhere near a title shot (lost that fight too)  then got knocked out AND submitted by a retired guy two divisions below him

12 minutes ago, agtx said:

Wtf Duckpings title error isnt listed. 

Rip many other fighters title runs due to bisping sitting out, forcing them to fight eachother for next shot at the title & he ducked a hilarious drubbing from Romero, who basically killed off the top guys, most the guys yoel fought havent been the same since. Then he fought oap hendo thinking it was an easy revenge win. which imo he lost & gsp fight for cash & probably thought gsp would be a shadow of his former self since hed been retired a while & got beat. Michael "the c*nt" Bisping didnt even earn his title shot in the first place, just a last minute replacement. 

Sorry chaps, i decided I would only give in to one bitter and twisted hate group for this poll and the CDS lads got the nod this time round.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 3:55 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah...i hate the modern day 'marquee' mentality as much as anyone. Defend thrice per year or jog on. 

I still blame the ufc more than Conor himself but that's a different debate/poll for a different day. 

Liked for usage of jog on

Edited by OmoGOAT
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, T.B.E said:

I see what you did there ;)

On 12/2/2019 at 10:06 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Conor single handedly ruined MMA. It is a circus and a freakshow now. You have everyone including the GREAT Khabib talking about boxing matches with midget niglêts. The whole UFC is trash. 

The norm isn't a good card anymore and it all took a chit when that loud mouth casual magnet was handed the FW title via Aldo taking a dive, never defending the belt, getting strangled by Diaz and then losing a decision against the same Diaz idiot, and then given another title shot at LW. 

How can anyone say anything different is beyond me. 

I will say that we had some good cards while the ****ged was champ but lol at his title "reign". 

I said as much back when he was doing the Aldo fight tour. Most people were riding his nuts too hard to care then.

Someone post a star wars -meme "So this is how freedom UFC dies. With thunderous applause."

• Thanks 1

Cejudo has basically ended Flyweight and made Bantamweight unwatchable

Conor is a very good shout, as much of a fan I was/am , he has without a doubt made things so much worse but he also did make some things much better, which 100% includes making the UFC watchable live in Ireland.

But I just think Womens MMA since Holm got beat has been absolutely pointless

10 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

No, that's what makes it most egregious. She knew damn well there was only one person she was fighting after winning the title, and she went in knowing she had no intention of fighting her.

People **** on Conor (you included), but there's 50 ****ing idiots in both of those weight classes, and the UFC creates interim title belts out of thin air every other day. They didn't have the option with Cyborg/GDR because they didn't have anybody else worth a damn for Cyborg to fight.

The answer here is quite clearly GDR.

Yes I dump on Conor, and I see your point, but  I still disagree.

You can't fault her and not take greater umbrage with Conor. Anyone who fights for a title does so under the assumption they will have to defend it. She's guilty (and cheated to win) but Conor is a 2x offender of the same thing she's guilty of