Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Playstation Turns 25 Today, List Your Top 10 Games

Image result for playstation 25

On December 3, 1994 – 25 years ago this week – the first PlayStation made its global debut in Japan. Starting from a humble beginning as an upstart within Sony, Ken Kutaragi and team delivered on a vision to elevate video games as a form of entertainment that everyone could enjoy, and to make a platform for game developers to express their creativity. The original PlayStation sold 100,000 units in Japan on its first day and went on to become the first-ever home console to surpass 100 million units sold globally.

Now 25 years on I thought it would be interesting to see what 10 games stand out for each of you above all the rest as your top 10 PlayStation games ever. 

I will start us off (in no particular order)

1. Assassin's Creed 2
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 
  3. God of War (2018) 
  4. Batman Arkham City
  5. The Simpsons Hit & Run
  6. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
  7. Star Wars Battlefront II
  8. Read Dead Redemption 
  9. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland 
  10. Bioshock Infinite 

What are your top 10? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

LotR: RotK was my greatest shame but you spelled GTA wrong at #5

GTA V was fun but Vice City & San Andreas are still the two best for me if I were to make it a top 15 one of them would have likely made it.

Damn! I used to be obsessed with this stuff

Lots of hours playing Pro Evolution Soccer and then FIFA.

God of War, and shooters like Battlefield and Call of Duty also took a lot of my time.

GTA: San Andreas was lovely

Hard to rank

• Like 1

resident evil 

metal gear solid

twisted metal world tour

colin mcrae rally

Doom

Duke Nukem

tomb raider 

wipeout

6 hours ago, Jolldan said:

The Simpsons Hit & Run

I booted that game up to play a little bit not that long ago and man is that not a game you want to go back to after like 15 years when your save is on the like second last mission. The game gets hard as **** at the end.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I booted that game up to play a little bit not that long ago and man is that not a game you want to go back to after like 15 years when your save is on the like second last mission. The game gets hard as **** at the end.

Yeah there are some greats from my childhood I would never actually go back and play think it would just ruin it for me. Philosophers Stone for PS1 nearly made the list as it was a legendary game but like Hit & Run I doubt it would hold up well today lol. 

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo 2

Gran Turismo 3

Gran Turismo 4

Ufc unleashed

WWE Smackdown

Fifa 98

Pro Evolution Soccer 2

I hate to go all Finnish Ham on you, but prime Sparks would have wiped the floor with you nerds on any and all of those games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah there are some greats from my childhood I would never actually go back and play think it would just ruin it for me

The game held up pretty well, it was just hard jumping back in so late in the game when the difficulty was so ramped up after having not played it for ages.

I still kind of want to go back and try to finish it since I was so close. I think I was on the second last mission and I managed to beat that but then I couldn't beat the final mission.

• Like 1

Did anyone play Shadow of Rome on the PS2? One of my favourite games ever and literally no one I've ever met has played it. That's one thing I loved about PS2 era and before, there were so many hidden gems you had to take a risk to find

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

Did anyone play Shadow of Rome on the PS2? One of my favourite games ever and literally no one I've ever met has played it. That's one thing I loved about PS2 era and before, there were so many hidden gems you had to take a risk to find 

Never played that one but a few of my buddies rate that one very highly. Not sure if it would quite qualify for hidden gem status but the Batman Begins game for ps2 was awesome and never gets the appreciation that the Arkham series got. 

15 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo 2

Gran Turismo 3

Gran Turismo 4

Ufc unleashed

WWE Smackdown

Fifa 98

Pro Evolution Soccer 2

I hate to go all Finnish Ham on you, but prime Sparks would have wiped the floor with you nerds on any and all of those games. 

Never really been one for racing games, dabbled in the need for speed franchise for a bit but other than that never really played many I suck at racing games and always considered it a success if I didn't finish last 😂 PGR was not bad as well actually. 

• Like 1

-          SSX Tricky

-          Gran Tourismo 4

-          Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

-          GTA San Andreas

-          GTA Vice City

-          Canis Canem Edit – AKA Bully

-          Return to Castle Wolfenstein

-          God of War 2

-          Crash Bandicoot series

-          Gitaroo man