Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington

I'll say it again. 

That was definitely an early stoppage, and there was some back of the head shots.

I feel the fight was stopped after Colby got dropped cause of the broken jaw.

The ref took that into account and probably stopped it early cause of that, figuring he wouldn't recover.

Which is just stupid, but there have been stupider reasons for fights being stopped.

1 minute ago, T.B.E said:

So covering up means shots to the back of the head are all of a sudden legal? That's some Vitor thinking right there

He went from holding on, to dropping his hand and hoping it was stopped.

The shots he took to the back of the head were not great, but Colby quit his position where he had some defense to hoping his palm would catch every shot coming. He stopped defending properly.

Sucks for him, but I guess dont turtle up next time.

7 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

That stoppage just ruined an awesome fight. I wanted to see what the judges said

Rogan is a complete moron.  Saying how could a judge have it 3-1 Colby?  Well he won 1, 2 and 4, that's how.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Bullchit Dana not allowing Colby the microphone 

Dana tipping big Marc

Judges are on smack too

Dana wouldn't shake hands at the w/i

He really wasn't fighting his way out of that position.  He was done

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Transition 

to unconsciousness???

• Like 1

Just now, PlatinumClegg said:

Marty wasn't knocking him out.

That's how it should have ended though.

This fight ending in anything but KTFO or Decision, maybe Submission, was a crime.

4 minutes ago, crangs said:

He really wasn't fighting his way out of that position.  He was done

He stood up from a harder punch like five seconds before that. You think the baby hammerfists to the back of the head were finishing him off?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marty is going to try and suck Jorge's d!ck the whole fight and get knocked out shooting a sloppy takedown.  He got wobbled about 4 times in there by Colby.  No one gets wobbled by Colby.

• Like 2

Just now, PlatinumClegg said:

Marty wasn't knocking him out.

Colby coming in with his 500+ pillow fisted shots surprised me tonight. He fought well and even though he throws hundreds of useless shots, he is tough as nails.

Marty had no chance of knocking out Colby, but Colby had a few chances where he could have pushed another shot or two and took out Marty.

That said, even if it wasnt called when it was, Marty would have got the split decision 3-2, 4-1, and 2-3.

• Thanks 1

Colby stans acting like they would even entertain early stoppage if roles were reversed 😂

Just now, crangs said:

Colby stans acting like they would even entertain early stoppage if roles were reversed 😂

Oh no, trust me. 

Whoever lost, I wanted to be knocked completely unconscious if it ended by strikes.

If the roles were reversed, I'd have been just as pissed.

1 minute ago, JoshNOS said:

Junkie still hasn't corrected the "big chits" lmao

They know they were chits. The guy has one legit stoppage in like 20 fights. lol

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yes_Daddy said:

Do you have down syndrome??

Nah, Your boy Colby running out the building like Forrest Gump might have a touch of it now, though

1 minute ago, crangs said:

• Like 1

Just now, crangs said:

Nah, Your boy Colby running out the building like Forrest Gump might have a touch of it now, though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crangs said:

How can you support a **** that fakes a nut shot to avoid getting KO'd

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoshNOS said:

Oh no, trust me. 

Whoever lost, I wanted to be knocked completely unconscious if it ended by strikes.

If the roles were reversed, I'd have been just as pissed.

That ending would have been perfect if the roles were reversed, just added to Colby's villain routine which would have led nicely into him fighting Jorge

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yes_Daddy said:

How can you support a **** that fakes a nut shot to avoid getting KO'd

Meh, I don't even support him but the rustles in here are too god damn good right now and I'm finding it hilarious

45 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

He went from holding on, to dropping his hand and hoping it was stopped.

The shots he took to the back of the head were not great, but Colby quit his position where he had some defense to hoping his palm would catch every shot coming. He stopped defending properly.

Sucks for him, but I guess dont turtle up next time.

A fight being stopped on a foul (nevermind like 5 blatant ones in a row) is never a failure of the fighter. It's 100% a failure on the refs part.

The knockdowns were legit, but they weren't devastating bounce your head off the canvas knockdowns. Colby popped right back up from both of them, just like he shot right up after the premature stoppage.

He was certainly rocked, but it was the last minute of a title fight where both guys showed big time chins and heart. You dont stop that fight unless its undeniable. 

Edited by OmoGOAT
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

A fight being stopped on a foul (nevermind like 5 blatant ones in a row) is never a failure of the fighter. It's 100% a failure on the refs part.

The knockdowns were legit, but they weren't devastating bounce your head off the canvas knockdowns. Colby popped right back up from both of them, just like he shot right up after the premature stoppage.

He was certainly rocked, but it was the last minute of a title fight where both guys showed big time chins and heart. You dont stop that fight unless its undeniable. 

I'm not justifying the shots, but that wouldn't have been stopped for illegal blows, but a warning to watch the back of the head like in every other fight where someone holds on in similar situations. Most were not connecting anyway.

But when he dropped his left hand from holding Marty and having coverage, minus the back of his head, to just holding his palm near his face, that's when he stopped intelligently defending himself.

Turtling and praying doesnt cut it after 2 knock downs. Maybe he could have went on, the guy showed enormous heart taking the shots to the face with a broken jaw. But the refs job is to protect, and he protected a fighter who stopped protecting himself.

Why did they put matt brown on the first fight of the prelims, dishespect.

Aldo was robbed, shame cause its killed what looked like a good start to his new title challenge.

De random been training her ground game with vitor belfoot?

Holloway won his fight, robbed.

Usman put colby through the ringer, worthy main event, colby wont be saying **** for a while when they wire his jaw shut, shame he didnt break his fingers so he couldnt tweet either. Ironic that he spends so much time talking that his jaw was weak.  Good job for his health  he ducked woodley.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

As much as I hate Colby, hes a tough dude. Nothing to hang his head over that performance.

as much as I've been trolling since the finish I gotta agree with this.  

• Like 1

Is there any better justice than someone like Colby getting his Jaw Broken in a fight, its just perfect, the judge that had it 3-1 should be shot

I think I am starting to hate Joe Rogan, any time Colby landed a punch he ****ed in his pants, calling Max the greatest Featherweight ever, is he though? Like how can you say that when he has lost 4 fights in that division, he is one of the greats, but you cannot define someone who has lost to McGregor, Dustin, Dennis and now Volkanoski as the greatest ever, and considering he was beaten by Dustin again at a higher weight......

Hopefully Colby stops the horrible WWE crap and just becomes normal, because really, he is a good fighter to watch