Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Who Would You Have On Your Fight Companion?

Image result for fight companion

Was listening to a little bit of JRE and even though as usual they talked next to nothing about actual fight it got me thinking this would make for a decent topic.  What 3 guys would you pick to do a fight companion with?

You can go for fighters past or present, trainers, referees, pundits, MMA media or someone totally out of left field, whoever you want. 

I will provide my 3 first 

Luke Thomas - In terms of MMA media he's probably my favorite guy to listen to. Feels like he usually has a fresh or at least interesting take on most topics in MMA and doesn't ever really come off like Ariel who can occasionally seem to be trying to manufacture drama or Brendan who has basically turned Morning Kombat in to his version of CliffsNotes.

John McCarthy - Quite simply you can't get a referee in MMA with more experience, and I think that matters for a lot. Not to mention he's had the best view of so many different iconic fights I imagine he would just be a walking encyclopedia of MMA knowledge. 

Daniel Cormier - There are dozens of fighters to pick I think would be great but one thing I think you have to consider is how they converse. For example Cruz is a great analyst but can be a bit robotic sounding at times and I just don't think it would work to well in a looser environment. Where as Cormier seems to be able to have fun with commentating on the fly.

Who are your 3?

57 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Luke Thomas - In terms of MMA media he's probably my favorite guy to listen to. Feels like he usually has a fresh or at least interesting take on most topics in MMA and doesn't ever really come off like Ariel who can occasionally seem to be trying to manufacture drama or Brendan who has basically turned Morning Kombat in to his version of CliffsNotes.

He got really cringey last week about Jessica Penne. He's like the SJW of MMA. But at least he actually gives an opinion on a lot of stuff that Ariel and the like will avoid. 

• Like 1

On topic, Dominick Cruz and DC are GOATs at articulating what's happening in the cage as far as a strategical standpoint. I could probably just get by with those two, as long as DC keeps the "tHuG rOsE!!! ThUg rOsE!!!!" type of moments to a minimum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

He got really cringey last week about Jessica Penne. He's like the SJW of MMA. But at least he actually gives an opinion on a lot of stuff that Ariel and the like will avoid. 

I don't like when he has to cover aa story and has to worry about being PC as like you said he does seem to really worry about offending people in that sense. 

Funny when him and Bryan roast Brendan for saying Conor would beat Floyd. 

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I don't like when he has to cover aa story and has to worry about being PC as like you said he does seem to really worry about offending people in that sense. 

Funny when him and Bryan roast Brendan for saying Conor would beat Floyd. 

Schaub tends to have some truly awful takes, and I mean this with all sincerity, I think part of that comes from the head trauma. That, and he's selling views. The guy knows too much about fighting to have such horrible takes on it.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Rogan

JR

Jerry 'the king' lawler

Laughing my **** off thinking about JR commentating Ngannou vs. Overeem 😂

"Bah Gawd! He killed him! As God as my witness, he is broken in half!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Laughing my **** off thinking about JR commentating Ngannou vs. Overeem 😂

"Bah Gawd! He killed him! As God as my witness, he is broken in half!"

😂 😂 😂