Sign in to follow this  
Roger

Why are my Threads or Posts Disappearing?

Ironic but ... I posted a follow-up here to my original message to say that it was okay because the posts simply weren't appearing immediately (back in the old days of pre-post moderation). My follow-up post seems to have disappeared though! How funny is that ..? :D

I have yet to have a post disappear folks but if it continues to happen to anyone please report it to myself or UAEUFC1984. We want to resolve any issues promptly. Thanks.

I posted a thread this afternoon and the entire thread disappeared after about an hour. Then I got the lovely message of you will be banned forever.....very classy!

I guess you get what you pay for....oh wait in this case that doesn't work out

lafilip, your post did not disappear. It was merged with the UFC 67 schedule. Until it is set that Quinton Jackson will be fighting, all the rumors will be merged with the schedule. It helps to have all comments and opinions on Jackson in the UFC 67 thread rather than having 2 or 3 threads out there with the same topic. I posted an announcement to all forums to clear up the issue.

Dear UFC Fight Club Members,

Before anyone realizes that there have been disappearing threads or posts out there, I just want to tell you to not worry. The reason they disappear is because I tend to merge threads that are similar to each other to avoid having chaos around the forums with 5 or 6 threads talking about the same topic. It is easier for the other members to post once instead of posting the same thing over and over again just because there is another thread out there with the same topic. This will not take away from the number of posts you have unless there happens to be a repeated post that I will have to delete.

This is done to make life easier for the moderators and the rest of the members. It will be easier for all of us to answer your needs and find your posts in a timely manner thus making everyone happy.

So far I have received support for the way I have been handling these forums. If there are some members who don't like something I'm doing, please speak up. In order to do my job the best I can, I need to know whether everyone is happy about what I'm doing. Staying quiet or ignorant won't help these forums so if there is anything you don't like please speak up.

Again, I will try my best along with the rest of the Administrators and Moderators to give you any information you need in a timely manner. This site will evolve with your help and participation so keep it up.