Sign in to follow this  
twelvegauge

Mir

As long as they didn't beat you up' date=' yeah.

Nog decided to step in the cage. Mir KO'd him.

Brock got in there with him. Mir submitted him.

Not gonna take away from what the man has done. He came back from a terrible accident and is once again the Champ.[/quote']

I am not going to take away from the Ws either. They are clearly Ws and that will never be questioned IMO. What I am questioning though is if he can do it again without the controversy and with his opponents more fine tuned. If he can I will be a believer for sure, but I have a feeling fate is now going to finally catch up with him

Hater in the house! lol ...I respect your opinion but I have to disagree with you on this. I think Mir is well above average' date=' very experienced especially when it comes to the comparison with Brock (has been in martial arts training his entire life) and 2 of the 3 fighters you said can kill him, he's already beaten. Nog not at 100%, and Brock contraversially but beat them nonetheless.[/quote']

Everybody keeps mentioning that Nog was not 100%, what do you mean by that? That he was somehow just not a 100% that night because of sickness or something(if so, were have you gotten that from?) or he was just not 100% of he's old self? If the lather, how is that relevant and how do you know that's just not how good Nog is nowerdays? And a last question, couldn't it just be that Nog was a 100% but Mir was that much better so it didn't look as Nog was as good as usual?

Everybody keeps mentioning that Nog was not 100%' date=' what do you mean by that? That he was somehow just not a 100% that night because of sickness or something(if so, were have you gotten that from?) or he was just not 100% of he's old self? If the lather, how is that relevant and how do you know that's just not how good Nog is nowerdays? And a last question, couldn't it just be that Nog was a 100% but Mir was that much better so it didn't look as Nog was as good as usual?[/quote']

Was trying to quote you. The buttons are right next to each other. Nothing was edited.

Now, my post.

He had a staph infection, if I remember correct. Should have been in the Hospital apparently. BUT, I always thought the Athletic Commission would not let someone fight if they did not check out.

To Nog's credit, I have never heard him use it as an excuse or even mention it that I can remember. Adding to what G said about the athletic commission, the most common strain of staph (mrsa) is highly contagious and potentially fatal if untreated. I have to believe that they wouldn't have allowed the fight to go on if the infection was still present.

If I went to a hospital and beat up patients who were half dead' date=' does that mean I floored them?[/quote']

Half-dead, they could still take you ;)

Half-dead' date=' they could still take you ;)[/quote']

Not if I put them to sleep via gas first! :) Even then it would still be close.

Not true about the staph infection guys. I already brought up Kos vs Sanchez. Anyone to argue Sanchez was not sick is denying the truth and intentionally lying to themselves.

And to Atreu

No, Nog was not 100%. No Nog was not 100% and Mir was that much better (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... breathing slowly... regaining vision... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.) It was a good argument though lol. Yes it was a Staph Infection, and he was hospitalized for roughly 15 days (I believe it was 15, if not someone correct me and I will give you bonus lovins). Also, Junior Dos Santos and Mr.UFC himself Dana White also said this. So unless a guy from his camp and one of the owners is wrong, then my sources are pretty solid.

Just throwing it out there but Mir has been 100% for a while. the accident thing was not to blame for his poor showings. eating cheeseburgers and not hitting the treadmill is why Brandon Vera made him look like a can. Although, Vera could beat him twice a month if he had to. Mir is not a legit top 10 heavy weight. beating a guy in his first fight and a guy coming off a staff infection doesn't mean anything. We will be posting about whether or not he ever was a good fighter in the next year. after Lesnar crushes him, somebody like Cheick Kongo or Gabriel gonzaga will do the same. Mir sucks. I don't care what anybody says. He isn't legit. He never was. The accident actually helped his career because it gave him an excuse for the last 3 years. An excuse that he won't be able to use when he gets slaughtered by every other top heavy weight.

Just throwing it out there but Mir has been 100% for a while. the accident thing was not to blame for his poor showings. eating cheeseburgers and not hitting the treadmill is why Brandon Vera made him look like a can. Although' date=' Vera could beat him twice a month if he had to. Mir is not a legit top 10 heavy weight. beating a guy in his first fight and a guy coming off a staff infection doesn't mean anything. We will be posting about whether or not he ever was a good fighter in the next year. after Lesnar crushes him, somebody like Cheick Kongo or Gabriel gonzaga will do the same. Mir sucks. I don't care what anybody says. He isn't legit. He never was. The accident actually helped his career because it gave him an excuse for the last 3 years. An excuse that he won't be able to use when he gets slaughtered by every other top heavy weight.[/quote']

He never was Legit, Dude was one of the best before his accident.

He never was Legit' date=' Dude was one of the best before his accident.[/quote']

YEAH!!! remember! back in the day.... when Tank, Pete Williams, and Wes Sims were top of the food chain.

He never was Legit' date=' Dude was one of the best before his accident.[/quote']

I'm not sure I believe this. I think he was going to be exposed and just hadn't been exposed yet. I think he proved this against Vera and especially against Lesnar in that fight. He should still be thanking his lucky stars Mazzagatti was reffing that night. If the fight ends with a 1 minute complete destruction tko Mir would be fighting in Strikeforce right now. He maybe would have been in the running for Kimbo.

I'm not sure I believe this. I think he was going to be exposed and just hadn't been exposed yet. I think he proved this against Vera and especially against Lesnar in that fight. He should still be thanking his lucky stars Mazzagatti was reffing that night. If the fight ends with a 1 minute complete destruction tko Mir would be fighting in Strikeforce right now. He maybe would have been in the running for Kimbo.

Maybe, Although he would murder Kimbo though.

Maybe' date=' Although he would murder Kimbo though.[/quote']

I won't disagree with that. I think he's a top 20 HW just not worthy of titles and top 10 talk. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. I don't see anything from him to make that happen though.

Does it even matter to guys like David V and the rest of the guys that hate Mir if he wins or not? If he does lose, you guys will just throw the "I told you so" line, and if he wins, another excuse will be pointed out like, Brock left his arm vulnerable, or Brock slipped and fell into another knee bar, or Mir got lucky to get that arm lock on Brock.

Why even start a thread like this if in the end, certain opinions wont change regardless of how Mir performs?

Not a top 10 HW? But he has the belt for the 2nd time in his career, last i checked, Vera has not attained a belt in any weight class. Everyone that ever considered Tim Sylvia a top10 HW must have been lying then, since undoubtedly he does not deserve to be there since Mir broke his arm. Just very confusing to me, well more surprising really, that some of the more knowledgeable posters can be one track minded, as if it will be the end of the mma world if Mir wins.

Does it even matter to guys like David V and the rest of the guys that hate Mir if he wins or not? If he does lose' date=' you guys will just throw the "I told you so" line, and if he wins, another excuse will be pointed out like, Brock left his arm vulnerable, or Brock slipped and fell into another knee bar, or Mir got lucky to get that arm lock on Brock.

Why even start a thread like this if in the end, certain opinions wont change regardless of how Mir performs?

Not a top 10 HW? But he has the belt for the 2nd time in his career, last i checked, Vera has not attained a belt in any weight class. Everyone that ever considered Tim Sylvia a top10 HW must have been lying then, since undoubtedly he does not deserve to be there since Mir broke his arm. Just very confusing to me, well more surprising really, that some of the more knowledgeable posters can be one track minded, as if it will be the end of the mma world if Mir wins.[/quote']

I think Mir will win, it won't be a suprise if either person wins though.

Does it even matter to guys like David V and the rest of the guys that hate Mir if he wins or not? If he does lose' date=' you guys will just throw the "I told you so" line, and if he wins, another excuse will be pointed out like, Brock left his arm vulnerable, or Brock slipped and fell into another knee bar, or Mir got lucky to get that arm lock on Brock.

Not a top 10 HW? But he has the belt for the 2nd time in his career, last i checked, Vera has not attained a belt in any weight class. Everyone that ever considered Tim Sylvia a top10 HW must have been lying then, since undoubtedly he does not deserve to be there since Mir broke his arm. Just very confusing to me, well more surprising really, that some of the more knowledgeable posters can be one track minded, as if it will be the end of the mma world if Mir wins.[/quote']

I won't throw any such lines out there. I don't actually care much whether he wins or not. I don't mind Lesnar and I do think Brock matches up better with other guys than Mir does and he is certainly a better draw but my opinion of Mir actually would change if he wins. hence the whole "maybe he'll prove me wrong" thing. I'll never cheer for the guy. I think he's a ****. But I will give him credit and respect if he does win. I just don't think he can. I've yet to see why he will win. The nogueria fight isn't really an excuse either. It was quite obvious that he wasn't right in that one. The guy stands in there for decisions with Fedor and Cro Cop but Mir gets a 2nd round KO. If that isn't fishy to you, than I suggest more mma education. I usually respect your posts but dude, if you're calling me out you have to do better than that.

I won't throw any such lines out there. I don't actually care much whether he wins or not. I don't mind Lesnar and I do think Brock matches up better with other guys than Mir does and he is certainly a better draw but my opinion of Mir actually would change if he wins. hence the whole "maybe he'll prove me wrong" thing. I'll never cheer for the guy. I think he's a ****. But I will give him credit and respect if he does win. I just don't think he can. I've yet to see why he will win. The nogueria fight isn't really an excuse either. It was quite obvious that he wasn't right in that one. The guy stands in there for decisions with Fedor and Cro Cop but Mir gets a 2nd round KO. If that isn't fishy to you' date=' than I suggest more mma education. I usually respect your posts but dude, if you're calling me out you have to do better than that.[/quote']

Nothing to do with calling anyone out. Mir vs Nog, under the circumstances that Nog was in, i wasnt suprised mir beat him. What suprised me was he TKO'ed him. Again Nog was not himself that night, but he chose to fight and paid for it.

Not seeing how Mir can beat Brock? Funny, because i can see Mir subbing Brock again if Brock is not cautious on the ground.

****? Tito is a ****, Ken is a bigger ****, there are bigger ****s in MMA. Mir's confidence makes him a ****? then i guess every mma fighter that is confident makes them ****s too.

Why would the Nog/Mir fight be fishy? Are you trying to say that Dana and the UFC wanted Mir to be the champ and forced Nog to fight even though they knew he had been in the hospital with a staph infection? Nog chose to fight and lost. I dont see where the fishy part plays in. Im pretty sure if Nog had staph prior to fighting Fedor, Fedor would have finished him too, but im going out on a limb on this one lols.

Nothing to do with calling anyone out. Mir vs Nog' date=' under the circumstances that Nog was in, i wasnt suprised mir beat him. What suprised me was he TKO'ed him. Again Nog was not himself that night, but he chose to fight and paid for it.

Not seeing how Mir can beat Brock? Funny, because i can see Mir subbing Brock again if Brock is not cautious on the ground.

****? Tito is a ****, Ken is a bigger ****, there are bigger ****s in MMA. Mir's confidence makes him a ****? then i guess every mma fighter that is confident makes them ****s too.

Why would the Nog/Mir fight be fishy? Are you trying to say that Dana and the UFC wanted Mir to be the champ and forced Nog to fight even though they knew he had been in the hospital with a staph infection? Nog chose to fight and lost. I dont see where the fishy part plays in. Im pretty sure if Nog had staph prior to fighting Fedor, Fedor would have finished him too, but im going out on a limb on this one lols.[/quote']

i agree with most of this. it's not Mir's confidence that makes him a ****. I guess it's the chotchy hair. The way he bobbles his head when he talks. His wife's fake DDs. I don't know any reason why someone can like this guy but we're all entitled to our opinions. I know the standard line is that Mir has a chance at a submission on the gorund but I don't see him being better standing and he certainly isn't taking Brock down so unless his standup is better than I think he's not going to get a chance for a sub. The fishy thing about the Nog fight was the crappy showing for Nog. He obviously shouldn't have been in there whether he thought he could or not. i'm not saying it's a conspiracy just that Mir didn't prove anything. I think lesnar proved more than him in the first fight too. I think Mir is on a monumental lucky streak. It's possible that he'll win but I don't think so. Incidently, not that you personally have said this, but the people that thought lesnar was so undeserving of his title shot should look at Mir. Getting whooped by Vera and then beating Hardonk and a guy in his first fight shouldn't warrant a title fight either.

i agree with most of this. it's not Mir's confidence that makes him a ****. I guess it's the chotchy hair. The way he bobbles his head when he talks. His wife's fake DDs. I don't know any reason why someone can like this guy but we're all entitled to our opinions. I know the standard line is that Mir has a chance at a submission on the gorund but I don't see him being better standing and he certainly isn't taking Brock down so unless his standup is better than I think he's not going to get a chance for a sub. The fishy thing about the Nog fight was the crappy showing for Nog. He obviously shouldn't have been in there whether he thought he could or not. i'm not saying it's a conspiracy just that Mir didn't prove anything. I think lesnar proved more than him in the first fight too. I think Mir is on a monumental lucky streak. It's possible that he'll win but I don't think so. Incidently' date=' not that you personally have said this, but the people that thought lesnar was so undeserving of his title shot should look at Mir. Getting whooped by Vera and then beating Hardonk and a guy in his first fight shouldn't warrant a title fight either.[/quote']

yeah it was a surprising move to have inserted Mir in there, but imo, Dana had him in there just as a "comeback fighter" kinda deal. But still does not take away from his 2 title wins in his career.

lol as far as his personal life, i really dont look into those things to judge any fighter. Only ones that i would call out like that are guys that roid up, or drug abusers and etc etc. Those guys really have no positives in the sport of MMA.

Mir lucky or not, is still at the top of the food chain atm. Till he gets( or when) whichever the guys on here prefer to use, beaten, still deserves credit for what he has done in his career. yes there have been fighters with better credentials/resume's as far as quality wins, but those in itself can be argued. How many of Royce wins can be considered quality fighters? Just happens that Mir came up when the HW division was not so strong ( or should i say deep with talent). But he still came in there and won by dominating submissions. Vera has not been overly impressive his last few outings as well, so pretty even keel imo. Mir has actually fought tougher guys than Vera has as of late.

I truely have nothing against Mir other then his attitude. Its not confident to me, it is ****y and arrogant. Everyone brings up the soccer challenge and that is such a solid example. He believed he was a better athlete because he barely put any effort into what he was doing. I know from an athletes POV, I freakin HATE losing at anything. I cannot stand losing. I hate losing more then I love winning. Mir does not seem like that.

The only thing I have against Mirs current career path is how damn controversial it is. He barely beat a newcomer with the help of a ref, he beat a guy half dead and he beat Hardonk...................... thats it. I have been saying this for so long and then everyone immediately says Lesnar is trash because he got a title shot after losing a fight he may never have lost if Herb Dean, Yves Lavigne, Dan Miragliotta, Big John, etc. was reffing. and winning against Heath Herring. Then dominating the champ who just dominated Gabe... Proving he has it what it takes to be the champ in the UFC (not the world... not even close to the skills to beat Barnett, let alone Fedor) So that is where I stand and exactly why I stand there.

I truely have nothing against Mir other then his attitude. Its not confident to me' date=' it is ****y and arrogant. Everyone brings up the soccer challenge and that is such a solid example. He believed he was a better athlete because he barely put any effort into what he was doing. I know from an athletes POV, I freakin HATE losing at anything. I cannot stand losing. I hate losing more then I love winning. Mir does not seem like that.

The only thing I have against Mirs current career path is how damn controversial it is. He barely beat a newcomer with the help of a ref, he beat a guy half dead and he beat Hardonk...................... thats it. I have been saying this for so long and then everyone immediately says Lesnar is trash because he got a title shot after losing a fight he may never have lost if Herb Dean, Yves Lavigne, Dan Miragliotta, Big John, etc. was reffing. and winning against Heath Herring. Then dominating the champ who just dominated Gabe... Proving he has it what it takes to be the champ in the UFC (not the world... not even close to the skills to beat Barnett, let alone Fedor) So that is where I stand and exactly why I stand there.[/quote']

I definitely wouldn't say he dominated Couture.

You know what I have just realized IwishiWasMma.

You have become.

A postwhore.gif

yeah i think his fight with couture, though Brock won, Randy was able to wrestle with the much bigger stronger younger fighter. Randy got taken down but was able to get back up. Really, in Randy's prime, he would have beaten Brock. Brock still has holes in his game, and as long as Brock continues to learn and improve, eventually i would not be surprised if he goes out and challenges Fedor, and has a chance to beat Fedor too. At this point in time though, i dont see Brock having the overall mma game to beat barnett or fedor.

You have become.

A postwhore.gif

Werent you ahead of me by like 700 and now 1000? Lol I always post to the good topics and the idiots. If not I leave them to someone else to clean up for me. Plus this forum is awesome because of guys like Brew' date=' yourself, Kang, Storm, Cake, DV etc. that are pretty funny and have intelligent MMA things to say and contribute. A couple up and comers are doing a damn good job themselves (you know who you are)

yeah i think his fight with couture, though Brock won, Randy was able to wrestle with the much bigger stronger younger fighter. Randy got taken down but was able to get back up. Really, in Randy's prime, he would have beaten Brock. Brock still has holes in his game, and as long as Brock continues to learn and improve, eventually i would not be surprised if he goes out and challenges Fedor, and has a chance to beat Fedor too. At this point in time though, i dont see Brock having the overall mma game to beat barnett or fedor.

Randy held his own, but in the end was dominated, sadly. I was betting on Randy too. I wont lie. i figured knowledge and superior skill would win the day, I was wrong though by one punch.

I also agree that one day Brock/Carwin can challenge Fedor as the new king of the world. Just not now. If either were to attempt this, there deaths would be imminent and possibly swift.

I want to see Carwin vs Lesnar' date=' I think Carwin will kill Lesnar.[/quote']

Since I am a huge Lesnar fan... I will have to disagree.

Jk

I think Carwin will win too. The only thing I am unsure of is the wrestling. Carwin has excellent wrestling, and so does Lesnar. The question is whos is better? They are both freakshows for their size too

Since I am a huge Lesnar fan... I will have to disagree.

Jk

I think Carwin will win too. The only thing I am unsure of is the wrestling. Carwin has excellent wrestling' date=' and so does Lesnar. The question is whos is better? They are both freakshows for their size too[/quote']

I would like to see Lesnar shoot in for a takedown, right into a Carwin knee, Dropping him immediately.

Carwin = Freakshow of skill and size.

Brock = Freakshow with less skill but of equal size.

Both to me are solid choices. This may sound crazy, but Carwin I think is the future GSP of the HW division because of his all around skills building so fast. His wrestling gives him so many options, plus his sheer size and destruction of all comers just keeps proving it more and more. The only thing he has left to do is prove himself against a true top 10 HW. If he destroys Gabe the way he has destroyed everyone else........... Mir better hope he loses to Lesnar. I know I wouldnt want to fight a Carwin even if I was 500 pounds heavier and 4 feet taller with Sean Sherks Cardio.

Carwin = Freakshow of skill and size.

Brock = Freakshow with less skill but of equal size.

Both to me are solid choices. This may sound crazy' date=' but Carwin I think is the future GSP of the HW division because of his all around skills building so fast. His wrestling gives him so many options, plus his sheer size and destruction of all comers just keeps proving it more and more. The only thing he has left to do is prove himself against a true top 10 HW. If he destroys Gabe the way he has destroyed everyone else........... Mir better hope he loses to Lesnar. I know I wouldnt want to fight a Carwin even if I was 500 pounds heavier and 4 feet taller with Sean Sherks Cardio.[/quote']

The thing ppl would have to question right now most about Carwin would be his cardio, that shouldn't be questioned as he was a collegiate wrestler and should have great cardio based solely on that.

The thing ppl would have to question right now most about Carwin would be his cardio' date=' that shouldn't be questioned as he was a collegiate wrestler and should have great cardio based solely on that.[/quote']

Damn well agree. His cardio may look bad because he is huge and uses massive amounts of energy, but I guarentee he can go 3 or 4 rounds with a strong pace. A guy that big going that hard for that long is NOT GOOD.. no sex jokes please :eek:

Damn well agree. His cardio may look bad because he is huge and uses massive amounts of energy' date=' but I guarentee he can go 3 or 4 rounds with a strong pace. A guy that big going that hard for that long is NOT GOOD.. [b']no sex jokes please[/b] :eek:

You better be glad you put that.

I guarantee his cardio has increased training with Greg Jackson also.

You better be glad you put that.

I guarantee his cardio has increased training with Greg Jackson also.

:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT!? HE TRAINS WITH GREG JACKSON!? GEEEZ. Well there it is everyone. Future champion and hall of famer.

Meh. Fedor is in his 30s, Brock as well, Carwin, Nog, etc. There are plenty of old fighters. If you are old, then you have to be smart, and in this sport experience seems to be better then being young and energetic.

Carwin vs Lesnar sounds great to me, Id much prefer to see that fight then the mir rematch. It'd be interesting to see how brock holds up with someone whos just as big and strong as himself. I would actually like to see carwin clean him up, with a pure slugfest!