Sign in to follow this  
MrArmbar

UFC 95 = Disappointment

Yeah i know but it was alot of money. Still feel very very dissapointed i think ill try to sell my tickets and try again next time.. no way you can have 2 'fight night' cards like that in a row. Names should sell cards not rumours' date=' i hope half the stadium is empty.[/quote']

I agree with you mate, it is a ****e card and a lot of expence, i was just trying to reasure you that it will still be a good nite as there are some goodmatch ups. But like you say they are only fight night cards.

Maia vs. Sonnen and Marquardt vs. Gouveia will be worth the money. Both will be great fights in my opinion. May not be the "big" names you are looking for, but I would rather watch these fights over alot of the "big name" fighters any day.

Here we go.. the best ufc could give to the uk! well its free for the us.. rahh... what about the people that paid for front row tier... m bisping? nope.. a champ belt fight? even an ex champ? NO RUBBISHISH. Hope the ufc is lucky with some great fights coz my grandma will be wathicing. Ill be boooooing my **** off.. thats if anyone important turns up. Any one wanna go play darts?

You can get quick knock outs in your local bar my not so very good friend. The ufc is known and enjoyed because if big names... o wait im fealing so very sleepy... ***** fight!?! o pull her hair!!!!!!!!! Boooooooo... thump... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. .

Well all I can say is that if this fight card came to Australia, I wouldn't care how much money I would have to hand out for it. At least you get to have the experience outside of your lounge room or computer screen.

Here we go.. the best ufc could give to the uk! well its free for the us.. rahh... what about the people that paid for front row tier... m bisping? nope.. a champ belt fight? even an ex champ? NO RUBBISHISH. Hope the ufc is lucky with some great fights coz my grandma will be wathicing. Ill be boooooing my **** off.. thats if anyone important turns up. Any one wanna go play darts?

You can get quick knock outs in your local bar my not so very good friend. The ufc is known and enjoyed because if big names... o wait im fealing so very sleepy... ***** fight!?! o pull her hair!!!!!!!!! Boooooooo... thump... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. .

I dont understand. The UFC isnt about big names, it is about great matches, and great match ups. There are plenty of epic fights that have happened that are not big names. So you want to see a championship fight? big deal... there are plenty of top ten guys in each division fighting. You want to see Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell lose some fights in 2 rounds? AWESOME!! that sounds really fun...................... NOT. I would rather see great fighters and great fights, then great names get destroyed.

This was quite possibly the most entertaining thread I have ever seen. Although, as a patriotic American, I'm a little disappointed that nobody ripped into the royal family after the Obama card was played. :D

I dont understand. The UFC isnt about big names' date=' it is about great matches, and great match ups. There are plenty of epic fights that have happened that are not big names. So you want to see a championship fight? big deal... there are plenty of top ten guys in each division fighting. You want to see Randy Couture and Chuck Liddell lose some fights in 2 rounds? AWESOME!! that sounds really fun...................... NOT. I would rather see great fighters and great fights, then great names get destroyed.[/quote']

I totally agree with you man, UFC 95 is filled with great matchups

I have to agree with the thread starter on this one. Couple points to make.

1. If this card is so good, why is it free in the states and canada? Because not many ppl would pay for it. You know if this card was gsp vs silva it would be PPV ALL OVER THE WORLD. This is obviously a fight night card.

2. Not everyone is a die hard mma fanatic, ticket buyers should be able to go the UFC WEBSITE FIRST. Not research the net on non ufc websites for info that may or may not be true. (and when i read storms post from mmaweekly, i didnt even notice it mention sanchez/stevenson as a headline, just a match, could have overlooked it, ill go back and check)

3. NO EVENT SELLS WITHOUT DISCLOSING THE ENTERTAINMENT! Can you imagine me taking my wife to vegas, staying at the luxor, buying $300 tickets for the blue man group cuz thats what everyone in the hotel thought it would be, only to find out it was "washed up nude hags on ice"?

No I'm not comparing the card to that, it should be good. But here in canada i'm getting it for free on spike. I gotta agree with the brits, they HAVE been taken advantage of. That being said, buyer beware. I hope next time no one buys a ticket until it is announced BY THE UFC.

I have to agree with the thread starter on this one. Couple points to make.

1. If this card is so good' date=' why is it free in the states and canada? Because not many ppl would pay for it. You know if this card was gsp vs silva it would be PPV ALL OVER THE WORLD. This is obviously a fight night card.

2. Not everyone is a die hard mma fanatic, ticket buyers should be able to go the UFC WEBSITE FIRST. Not research the net on non ufc websites for info that may or may not be true. (and when i read storms post from mmaweekly, i didnt even notice it mention sanchez/stevenson as a headline, just a match, could have overlooked it, ill go back and check)

3. NO EVENT SELLS WITHOUT DISCLOSING THE ENTERTAINMENT! Can you imagine me taking my wife to vegas, staying at the luxor, buying $300 tickets for the blue man group cuz thats what everyone in the hotel thought it would be, only to find out it was "[b']washed up nude hags on ice[/b]"?

No I'm not comparing the card to that, it should be good. But here in canada i'm getting it for free on spike. I gotta agree with the brits, they HAVE been taken advantage of. That being said, buyer beware. I hope next time no one buys a ticket until it is announced BY THE UFC.

i'm tired of defending this card to casual fans like you, i expect this card to be good because it has alot of great matchups so we will all see 2nite how good the card will be

so can we close this thread or what

Well all I can say is that if this fight card came to Australia' date=' I wouldn't care how much money I would have to hand out for it. At least you get to have the experience outside of your lounge room or computer screen.[/quote']

That is....apparently......because you are a real fight fan. I agree with your post....100%.

i'm tired of defending this card to casual fans like you' date=' i expect this card to be good because it has alot of great matchups so we will all see 2nite how good the card will be

so can we close this thread or what[/quote']

I will not close it because people are entitled to express their feelings. Even if they are wrong. lol

Unfortunately, most of the ufc fans and mma fans ARE casually ones. Quite a few people in this world have a multidude of interests, not just mma. I would think that as a TRUE fan, you would realize that this is an up and coming sport that needs help, support and $$$ from ALL TYPES OF FANS, to make sure it survives and fighters get the money they deserve. Not once in my post did I say the fights would suck or anything to imply you having to defend the card. I love seeing great fights, and as iwishiwasmma has posted, there doesnt need to be a "name" or title fight to make a good card. But what i feel the ufc did was BAD PRACTICE IN TICKET SALES! A bait and switch if you will. Dont you agree with that. These ppl bought tickets blind, that shouldnt happen, if i was trying to get my son to see his hero he would be very dissapointed. i know dont buy till its announced, but cant we feel any sympathy for ppl for paid $300 for what we get free??

Unfortunately' date=' most of the ufc fans and mma fans ARE casually ones. Quite a few people in this world have a multidude of interests, not just mma. I would think that as a TRUE fan, you would realize that this is an up and coming sport that needs help, support and $$$ from ALL TYPES OF FANS, to make sure it survives and fighters get the money they deserve. Not once in my post did I say the fights would suck or anything to imply you having to defend the card. I love seeing great fights, and as iwishiwasmma has posted, there doesnt need to be a "name" or title fight to make a good card. But what i feel the ufc did was BAD PRACTICE IN TICKET SALES! A bait and switch if you will. Dont you agree with that. These ppl bought tickets blind, that shouldnt happen, if i was trying to get my son to see his hero he would be very dissapointed. i know dont buy till its announced, but cant we feel any sympathy for ppl for paid $300 for what we get free??[/quote']

Bait and Switch, I really don't remember the Main event being Fedor vs Couture and now it is Stevenson vs Sanchez. Why do people cry and complain. I bought tickets to an event in florida a couple of weeks ago because it has been awhile since it came and will be awhile before it comes back and it ended up being a great card which I also have same expectations out of this card. Are you gonna still complain even if the event turns out to be great.

Bait and Switch' date=' I really don't remember the Main event being Fedor vs Couture and now it is Stevenson vs Sanchez. Why do people cry and complain. I bought tickets to an event in florida a couple of weeks ago because it has been awhile since it came and will be awhile before it comes back and it ended up being a great card which I also have same expectations out of this card. Are you gonna still complain even if the event turns out to be great.[/quote']

If the ufc was well aware of rumours such as chuck/silva and did nothing to stop it, then yes, it is a bait and switch on the scale of couture/fedor. the point is THERE WERE NO ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THE UFC. Could they just go and put on a **** fight and say "oh, you wanted humans to fight?"

bottom line I AM NOT DISSING THE CARD, i cant wait to diego win, nate win. Hell, i loved the lightweight bout with roger ruerta and whats that kids name a while back. but what i am taking away from this this thread is how some people feel they were strong armed into buying advanced tickest for fear of bad seating, and availability but had no clue what they were buying. as a bystander, i agree. As the saying goes "put your cards on the table"

Everyone has known that Chuck was fighting Rua and Anderson was fighting Leites for awhile. Do you expect the UFC to go around to every site and reply on every thread that they are not putting certain fights on. Would you also like every actor to go onto every site and say they are or are not going to be in a rumored movie, or every sports athlete to go on every site in every thread and deny or say yes to every rumour that they are being traded. I will almost guarantee your answer will be no to the above mentioned, so why do you expect that from the UFC.

So far' date=' very unimpressed with the fight card for UFC 95. [b']Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez is not main event worthy. It is a good fight for an undercard though. [/b]

you on crack?

When does Anderson da Silva fight again? What about Randy? Chuck?

uhmm yeah i figured this much, thats why you first post was a lil confusing to me.

do some research.. they are fighting sooner than you think, with the exception of Randy who is out for awhile.

Everyone has known that Chuck was fighting Rua and Anderson was fighting Leites for awhile. Do you expect the UFC to go around to every site and reply on every thread that they are not putting certain fights on. Would you also like every actor to go onto every site and say they are or are not going to be in a rumored movie' date=' or every sports athlete to go on every site in every thread and deny or say yes to every rumour that they are being traded. I will almost guarantee your answer will be no to the above mentioned, so why do you expect that from the UFC.[/quote']

you make a very valid point, and i conceed to an extent on the rumour aspect. but wasnt this a rumour also floating around this site (could be wrong been here for a month). point is people want to know what they are buying. i would be geeked if ufc came to windsor, hell i might try to go to montreal, even flying blind, just for the experience. but i would prefer to know what im spending money on. would you spend money on a blind date? you might get a **** star, might get a 100 year old librarian.

As an advocate for "washed up nude hags" and "100 year old librarians" I'm offended by some of these posts. :)

Call me crazy but I see it this way; if my money was tight or other wise important to me there's no way I would spend it on something unless I was sure I knew what I was getting. If waiting for an official card announcement could cause seating or availability issues (and money was important to me) I probably would have chosen to just sit this one out. Buying something sight-unseen is a roll of the dice and if I felt like I lost one, I would simply explore the many options available these days for selling the tickets.

With that said, I too think this is going to be a great event. For people to come on here and bash the card, the UFC, and the United States of America is beyond ludicrous. We said "thank you" for giving us The Beatles, what more do you want from us??

So far' date=' very unimpressed with the fight card for UFC 95. Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez is not main event worthy. It is a good fight for an undercard though.

When does Anderson da Silva fight again? What about Randy? Chuck?[/quote']

Stevenson and Sanchez are 2 of the top contenders at 155. Guess you either dont like them, or the 155lb class.

you make a very valid point' date=' and i conceed to an extent on the rumour aspect. but wasnt this a rumour also floating around this site (could be wrong been here for a month). point is people want to know what they are buying. i would be geeked if ufc came to windsor, hell i might try to go to montreal, even flying blind, just for the experience. but i would prefer to know what im spending money on. would you spend money on a blind date? you might get a **** star, might get a 100 year old librarian.[/quote']

I like 100 year old librarians, they have lot's of experience.

originally posted by skinup view post

well 09 is **** so far' date=' ufc 95 is a joke how can sanchez and joe daddy be a main event??

I saw sanchez in the tuf final in lv now hes on a main event?? When is england gonna get some ufc super stars in the main events??

Cuz im getting sick of spending money on tickets and hotels for these sorts of cards.

Give us chuck back, alot of people spent alot of money wanting to see him fight in england so he should have been on ufc 95.

Randy would be nice, nog, both silva's, rich franklin, gsp, bj penn, brock, forrest or rashard or even.

Best main event we so far in england was rampage vs dan...come on! England deserves better main events then joe daddy and sanchez!

Dont get me wrong i like both fighters but they really needed to pull out a great main card for ufc 95 to make up for the loss of chuck and shogun.

So 09 has alot to prove to me for events in england.

I could not f**king agree more mate, this card is a slap in the face by dana to all uk ufc fans, yes there are some good fights that will no doubt be very entertaining, but this doe not warrent the cost of a ?150 ticket and ?80 for a hotel and ?50 for gas to get to o2, the ufc should not advance sell tickets without a fight card or main event named, all rumours on other sites, that are all so closely monitored by all mma fans and the ufc should have crushed the rumours of chuck silva and released the real card, that way hardcore fans wouldnt be cheated into paying mega bucks for a sub-standard fight card. The ufc has promised its mega stars and delivered cadburys magic stars, explain how uk gets this after selling out 14,000 o2 and ireland gets rich franklin and dan henderson at a 9000 capacity venue!!!! Oooh and dont get me started on the fights flying around for ufc 99 and [b']those f**kin germans[/b] to get an amazing card with the first event to hit their country! It seems like the ufc plans around the uk to give us poor fight cards with all big names fighting either just before or just after. I have lost alot of respect for dana and the ufc, this event should have been billed as a fight night with cheaper tickets rather than giving us a sh*t ppv? How can anyone call joe daddy vs diego sanchez a main event at a ufc ppv???? There is just no logic behind this madness no offence intended to any of the fighters as it will be a slugfest, just the promise of big name fighters with no choice to buy tickets before a card was released is very poor on the ufc's part, cheerz dana

(mod edit)

Just skimmed onto this post because I was bored, and I am truly disgusted.

Arrogance, racism, xenophobia, homophobia.........all of you should truly go away and fight on Sherdog or something.

Just to be clear. I'm Scottish, and live in London. I go to every UK event regardless of the card, but can 100% understand why some people would be reluctant to do so without a marquee fight.

I will go to Germany in the summer because it should hopefully be a good card, and the sport needs exposure elsewhere in the worls and I'll be proud to be part of that. And I hope they get some big names.

I'll hopefully come to Vegas for an even at some point cos that would be a dream come true going to the home of the UFC.

I know not everyone can do this, and I am lucky, but to turn something into no more than a glorified race war sickens me.

I hope Brewster does the sensible thing and closes this thread pronto.

Shame on you all.

well' date=' i haven't seen anyone complaining after the card yet, cause it turned out to be a pretty good one, like i said and many others said.[/quote']

The card was great. Even the two fights that went the distance was very entertaining!

I dont know how anyone could say that event was disappointing after that. Kos was KOd by a newb, thats unusual, Marquardt brought Gouveia to the 3rd and was dismantling him, then finishing with a nice well deserved TKO. Maia with probably one of the best submissions that will happen this year. An excellent headlining fight that was fight of the night. Dan Hardy with a great counter KO. Dos Santos giving a pounding... man the list of that night was awesome. You guys need to get off the Marquee thing though, it wont make the event better. Spidey's fights usually suck because it is him going in an dismantling someone in seconds. That too me is just not a good fight

ButterflyBee. Was that one of the best UK events you were at?

I wasn't disappointed at all...except for the Koscheck fight b/c i thought the stoppage was premature...and seeing Skyscraper Struve get dropped like a sack of bricks was pretty lame....but still thought the fight card was great. I'd rather see really good matches as opposed to just big famous names...and besides....how can their be great names if only the same people fight over and over again...there are a lot of great up and coming fighters who aren't getting a lot of the spotlight right now and these type of cards are helping to create the legends and hall of famers of tomorrow.

I wasn't disappointed at all...except for the Koscheck fight b/c i thought the stoppage was premature...and seeing Skyscraper Struve get dropped like a sack of bricks was pretty lame....but still thought the fight card was great. I'd rather see really good matches as opposed to just big famous names...and besides....how can their be great names if only the same people fight over and over again...there are a lot of great up and coming fighters who aren't getting a lot of the spotlight right now and these type of cards are helping to create the legends and hall of famers of tomorrow.

Well put Mike. New fighters are not boring anyways, usually they feel they have something to prove. This night was a great example of fighters proving what they want and who they are.

I dont know how anyone could say that event was disappointing after that. Kos was KOd by a newb' date=' thats unusual, Marquardt brought Gouveia to the 3rd and was dismantling him, then finishing with a nice well deserved TKO. Maia with probably one of the best submissions that will happen this year. An excellent headlining fight that was fight of the night. Dan Hardy with a great counter KO. Dos Santos giving a pounding... man the list of that night was awesome. You guys need to get off the Marquee thing though, it wont make the event better. Spidey's fights usually suck because it is him going in an dismantling someone in seconds. That too me is just not a good fight[/quote']

I completely agree. I thought this card was going to be very good and it exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed this more than 94 and even found the main event to be more entertaining. That's not because I'm a BJ fan because I'm not. In fact, of the four fighters in the 94 & 95 mains, Joe Daddy is probably my favorite. I just thought it was a great night of fights and a good competitive main event.

I dont know how anyone could say that event was disappointing after that. Kos was KOd by a newb' date=' thats unusual, Marquardt brought Gouveia to the 3rd and was dismantling him, then finishing with a nice well deserved TKO. Maia with probably one of the best submissions that will happen this year. An excellent headlining fight that was fight of the night. Dan Hardy with a great counter KO. Dos Santos giving a pounding... man the list of that night was awesome. You guys need to get off the Marquee thing though, it wont make the event better. Spidey's fights usually suck because it is him going in an dismantling someone in seconds. That too me is just not a good fight

ButterflyBee. Was that one of the best UK events you were at?[/quote']

Honestly, fight wise it was definitely up there. Not sure if any of you heard one of Joe Daddy's pre-fight pressers, but he made a comment about the fact that when your there you often end up watching alot it on the big screen anyway, but you go for the atmosphere.

Fight wise it was definitely one of, if not the best. Atmosphere wise though, Dublin was phenomenal, no doubt the best. Specifically when Marcus Davis was fighting. The Dublin arena also has a wierd kind of ampitheatre shape which makes the acoustics awesome.

The difficulty with the live events is that you tend to hold the ones with atmosphere in the higher regard. But your right about the marquee thing though. I mean I personally thought the card at Birmingham (Bisping Leben) was going to be great, but it turned out to be pretty dissapointing fight-wise. A good example to support your point about the marquee fight not being as good as ppl hype it to be.

95 turned out great in my opinion. Some debatable stoppages but good Submissions and good KO's. Diego showed some strong stand up and even though it went to decision it was a decent fight.

in my opinion Marquardt was the most impressive fighter there (performances made)

What about Maia Remedx? He thoroughly raped Sonnen.

I think Nate beats Maia although maia was awesome. I should have known better that sonnen isn't as good as he looked beating Filho. Maia is right up there now. A fight with Palhares and maybe a guy like Denis Kang and he will be title ready. Although, Kang would kill him too.

So far' date=' very unimpressed with the fight card for UFC 95. Joe Stevenson Vs. Diego Sanchez is not main event worthy. It is a good fight for an undercard though.

When does Anderson da Silva fight again? What about Randy? Chuck?[/quote']

Maybe it didn't look that impressive on paper but I thought it was a great event. What was it, one fight that went to decision?

I think Nate beats Maia although maia was awesome. I should have known better that sonnen isn't as good as he looked beating Filho. Maia is right up there now. A fight with Palhares and maybe a guy like Denis Kang and he will be title ready. Although' date=' Kang would kill him too.[/quote']

Nate I also think can take Maia if he keeps it standup. He has excellent wrestling so he can control the fight. Any time a fighter takes Maia down, or Maia takes them down in a dominant position, the fight is in serious danger if being stopped. So he is just as dangerous as anyone because of that. If he trains 90% in stand up from now on and wrestling, he will be an EXCELLENT fighter in two or three years.

Maybe it didn't look that impressive on paper but I thought it was a great event. What was it' date=' one fight that went to decision?[/quote']

I think there were 2 figths that went to decision

I thought it was a great night of fights, anytime Sanchez gets in the cage its golden. Plus some of you guys don't seem to appreciate what Dana's doing. Don't you see that he uses the free Spike cards to showcase the next real deals in the UFC. I payed for UFC 94 and thought that 95 had better fights all the way through.

What about Maia Remedx? He thoroughly raped Sonnen.

Yeah for sure that triangle was one of the most beautiful submissions I've ever seen and I personally like grappling/bjj more than the stand up aspect of MMA but Marquardt showed a lot of versatility and the best non-anderson silva combination i've seen lately.

Yeah for sure that triangle was one of the most beautiful submissions I've ever seen and I personally like grappling/bjj more than the stand up aspect of MMA but Marquardt showed a lot of versatility and the best non-anderson silva combination i've seen lately.

Lol I can say I agree with most of this. That was a sick combination that was well put together by him in the end.

Hey Danzig666 and MafiA... you're FAMOUS!!!!

;)

Dana White:

"...Everybody was claiming that card was – and when I say everybody, I’m talking about four retards on the Internet – the card wasn’t stacked enough. The card was awesome.”