Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Q&A

Hells no. I am asking him that for sure. Would you rather fight Rampage or Machida? Which do you think will be a better opponent and more difficult to beat? in your opinion of course.

He's called out machida. That might answer the question to some extent. He either thinks he can beat Machida easier or he thinks Machida is more deserving. One of the two.

It's time again for another Q&A session. For this round of questions' date=' you will be able to ask questions for the current LHW Champion, "Sugar" Rashad Evans.

If you have a question for Rashad, please send it to me at:

brewster.ufc@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!!!

when are you interviewing him?

should i even check the TUF forum to see ABs questions???

as much as i really think of questions... i cant think of good ones. who is the most deserving of the middleweight belt.... keith jardine or quinten rampage... who will win and why??? (haha) do u have a restaining order against AB or is he just a genuine fan??? j/k alot of insults have come from your show boating ... is that premeditated or is it spur of the moment.??

when are you interviewing him?

I am thinking I might send the e-mail on Monday. We have a lot of questions already and I typically limit the number of questions I send out to 15.

Machida doesn't have enough KO power to put Rashad to sleep. Come on guys. I think the evans-machida fight is a pick'em at best. Machida is not going to run over rashad. rashad isn't even remotely afraid of him. He would actually match up better with Lyoto then he would with Rampage. Either way, Machida is way over hyped on here. It's actually embarrassing.

We shall see very soon. Think... if Forrest can outpoint Rashad for three rounds and then get caught' date=' I wonder what Machida will look like :)[/quote']

forrest outpointed Rashad for 2 rounds. It wasn't really outpointing either. If there weren't a ten point must system those rounds would have been even. forrest didn't caught either. he was taken down and dismantled thoroughly. He was crushed in the third round. even if he would have made it through it was still on it's way to an easy 10-8 and the fight would have been tied with rashad in a huge momentum swing.

forrest outpointed Rashad for 2 rounds. It wasn't really outpointing either. If there weren't a ten point must system those rounds would have been even. forrest didn't caught either. he was taken down and dismantled thoroughly. He was crushed in the third round. even if he would have made it through it was still on it's way to an easy 10-8 and the fight would have been tied with rashad in a huge momentum swing.

Forrest got caught then hit the ground. Rashad was in his guard for awhile then caught him with a huge bomb then finished the fight. Thats how it went. That was not even near a 10 - 8 at that point though. None the less Rashad finished Forrest and those points mean nothing anyways... Machida wont make that mistake I assure you.

Rashad is good, no doubt about it. Quick hand speed and devastating power. I dislike Rashad because of his attitude in the ring, but that doesn't change his ability. It also doesn't change the fact that Lyoto is a monster and will probably destroy Rashad. Lyoto isn't over estimated, hes UNDEFEATED, just like Rashad. So lets all sit back and wait for a great fight.

No more questions for Rashad. I received an amazing amount of questions, more than enough to sort through and send off.

LOL, I think everyone asked about him possibly dropping to 185 in the future...

LOL damn I thought I was the only guy who asked that too. I figured everyone would just ask him his favourite colour and silly things like that. Oh well..... Are you sending the questions off today Brew?

LOL damn I thought I was the only guy who asked that too. I figured everyone would just ask him his favourite colour and silly things like that. Oh well..... Are you sending the questions off today Brew?

does rashad have nightmares of a dragon switch kickin him?

The questions have already been sent.

It's time again for another Q&A session. For this round of questions' date=' you will be able to ask questions for the current LHW Champion, "Sugar" Rashad Evans.

If you have a question for Rashad, please send it to me at:

brewster.ufc@gmail.com

Thanks everyone!!!

you got them answers yet from the champ

Well, here it is. Rashad was very busy with a few training camps, but was able to find some free time to send these off to us. Here you are, look for your question...

1. When you are not training, what are some of your favorite things to do?

- Some of my favorite things to do when I'm not training are spending time with my family... I also love to read all kinds of books as well as draw.

2. Who would you rather fight, Machida or Rampage? Who would be more difficult to a train for?

-Machida will be my next opponent. I believe he is better than Rampage because he is more technical & very deceptive.

3. What do you see yourself doing after your MMA career is over?

- After I'm done fighting I hope to be a coach. I want to help a young fighter realize their dream like my coaches helped me realize mine.

4. Has fighting in the UFC and becoming champion changed the way your family or friends treat you? If so, how?

- Being champion hasn't changed the way my family treats me & that's the best thing about it.. It's keeps you humble as well.

5. After your two dominant stoppages due to strikes of two top Light Heavyweights, do you feel you have done enough to be seen as more than a wrestler?

- I definitely feel I've done enough to prove I'm more than just a wrestler. Any fighter who faces me & thinks he is just gonna have a wrestling match is making a huge mistake.

6. Now that you have fulfilled a life long dream of winning the UFC Championship, how do you motivate yourself for upcoming title defenses?

- It's easy for me to stay motivated & I think that that has a lot to do with where I've been in my life. I've always had to work my way up to the top growing up. So with that said I have a hunger in me that won't go away with attaining a title, my desires are much deeper.

7. If you weren't in MMA, what do you think you would be doing as a career?

- If I wasn't a fighter I would be working in law enforcement because I think it's the only other job that fits my personality type.

8. Would you do the Ultimate Fighter show again?

- I would definitely do the show over again. It has in a lot of ways made me the fighter I am today. The only drawback is that a lot of fans seem to see me in the same light. But I have no regrets, it was the best experience of my life.

9. How much weight do you cut for a fight? How long does it take? How do you cut the weight? What would be your typical post weigh in meal?

- I cut 10lbs weigh-in day. I go to the sauna & it takes 2-3hrs. I eat yams & bananas after I weigh in.. Yams are very important for storing that energy for fight day.

10. What has been your toughest fight in your MMA career thus far?

- The fight with Jardine on TUF was the toughest fight for me because going into that fight I was facing mental obstacles as well as physical. I was upset because I felt like everybody wanted me to lose & Matt Hughes was gonna coach me & at that point I disliked Hughes. I also had a sprained hand. To make matters even more difficult I was fighting a teammate that I've been training with for the last 6 weeks. In that fight Jardine closed my eye and I couldn't see out of my left eye, so whenever he threw his right hand he hit me with it. I would know it cause a couple of times he hit me I would blackout only to wake up & realize the fight was still going on. It was the only fight I ever felt like quitting in a fight.

11. Did you feel the fight with Forrest was going your way? Did you feel an urgency to press the pace more in the third round?

- The fight with Forrest was in my point of view pretty even, but he had a very good 2nd round & had the momentum going into the 3rd rd. To make matters worse for me, he caught me with a good punch at the end of the 2nd that had me seeing 3 of him. So, going into the 3rd I wanted to implement the game plan more than I did in the previous rds.

12. What is the best thing about being the UFC Champion?

- Being champion is a great experience. For me, the best thing about being champion is that everyone wants to fight me.. :) I like the thought that somebody is staying up at night thinking of a way to beat me.

13. Rashad how are your submission skills?

- My submission game is good! I love the ground game but it's just so hard for me to try for submission when I can easily punch them in the face.

14. Probably the most asked question we received: Would you consider a drop to 185 in the future?

- I would never say never but I like my weight class. I think as I get older I'll fill out a bit more & be a perfect fit for 205lbs.

15. And our last question today comes from probably your most dedicated fan, Anthony Brancato... Anthony asks: If your son shows interest in wanting to become an MMA fighter as he grows up, would you encourage him?

- I would never tell my son what sport he should do. I think he has to find his way in life like I did. I will always support him no matter where he goes in life. I don't look at this sport as if it's not good enough for my son because this is a beautiful sport and if he is blessed with the warrior spirit then he should be honored to compete in MMA.

Thank you again Rashad for taking the time to answer a few questions from your fans at the UFC Community.

Best of luck to you in '09

Thank you everybody for your questions and thanks for making MMA what it is today!!

I can't believe that no one asked about Rashads attitude! He trains with one of the best, most respectiful teams, especially Georges st. pierre. I think asking Rashad questions like "what would you do if not fighting" and "Whats the best thing about being champ" are fluffy crap. Next time ask him why he is so disrespectful to other fighters, is it just hype? And how about asking him if he thinks anyone has the ability to beat him? Or if his camp gives him grief about his attitude.

Hard hitting journalism. Thats what I want.

I can't believe that no one asked about Rashads attitude! He trains with one of the best' date=' most respectiful teams, especially Georges st. pierre. I think asking Rashad questions like "what would you do if not fighting" and "Whats the best thing about being champ" are fluffy crap. Next time ask him why he is so disrespectful to other fighters, is it just hype? And how about asking him if he thinks anyone has the ability to beat him? Or if his camp gives him grief about his attitude.

Hard hitting journalism. Thats what I want.[/quote']

none of those questions are hard hitting. He isnt disrespectful, it is the way it looks to you and other fans. It is part of the fight game... Wandy was all up in Pages face and pushing him at the weigh ins... no one said anything about that.

Every fighter knows someone can beat them. It is impossible to stand at the top forever.

His camp probably doesnt. They know he is a sportsman. He always says good things after the fight anyways. I just dont understand some people.

I can't believe that no one asked about Rashads attitude! He trains with one of the best' date=' most respectiful teams, especially Georges st. pierre. I think asking Rashad questions like "what would you do if not fighting" and "Whats the best thing about being champ" are fluffy crap. Next time ask him why he is so disrespectful to other fighters, is it just hype? And how about asking him if he thinks anyone has the ability to beat him? Or if his camp gives him grief about his attitude.

Hard hitting journalism. Thats what I want.[/quote']

If you ask stupid questions like what you want nobody would give you the time of day. Hard hitting journalism. are you kidding me? this isn't CNN. (not that they've ever required an intellect to be a journalist) Sports are light and fluffy by nature on the media side. This isn't life or death man. Imbred Psycho nutbars wanting to know why they lost money on Sport select and have a ridiculous personal attachment to some fighters and a biased hatred for others isn't hard hitting journalism it's precisely the reason why most athletes in any other sport wouldn't even consider doing a forum question and answer for us little known nobodies. Be thankful he even responded. It shows more class on his part to respond and be approachable to some hardcores around here than it does for you to dog on him. get a life.

It's funny you asked that Storm as I already put the wheels in motion for that Q&A last week...

good stuff. i have been wondering for a while now, but only now decided asking. lets get this ....