Sign in to follow this  
Siam_Dornadair

How many of you are actual practitioners of MMA ?

Competitive or not?

Weight class?

and whats your record?

I'm not currently active in MMA if truth be known I'm still getting ready for my first Muay Thai fight but would like to try MMA at some stage.

I'm imagining there will be quite a few of you

Come on tell the board how good you are, the stage is yours.............................

Competitive or not?

Weight class?

and whats your record?

I'm not currently active in MMA if truth be known I'm still getting ready for my first Muay Thai fight but would like to try MMA at some stage.

Come on tell the board how good you are' date=' the stage is yours.............................[/quote']

Amateur boxer. 1 - 0 (TKO), soon to be 2 - 0

MMA training (jits, wrestling, and muay thai) to start within 12 months, probably at London Shootfighters (they have a great training timetable for guys like me that finish work after 7). Needed in my head to be stronger, fitter, and ok in one discipline before moving into all of them.

Aims - to have at least 1 competitive MMA fight, and probably more boxing fights. Not to acheive anything really. Just because I want to say I did it, instead of being one of those people that always threatens to do something.

I imagine there are alot more guys with much better CV's than that here, but you al gotta start somewhere! lol

I wrestled in highschool at 130 and 135, MMA? I'm still working on that! Currently training in Submission Wrestling, boxing, and Muay Thai....and of course when i can i keep up the wrestling.

I wrestled in highschool at 130 and 135' date=' MMA? I'm still working on that! Currently training in Submission Wrestling, boxing, and Muay Thai....and of course when i can i keep up the wrestling.[/quote']

Where did you wrestle?

Guess it would be rude of me to ask someone a question and not answere your original question. I wrestled in Middle Schoo, Junior High and High School for 7 years at 135 lbs. I have taken BJJ, not consitant at it, but took classes while I was in the desert. Currently learning a little muy tai while im in Okinawa, but I am currently trying to get my wife to be ok with it, but its a wait and see game with a miltary life style.

Where did you wrestle?

Wrestled for Minehaha Academy in Minneapolis, Minnesota...see my school was too small to have a wrestling team so i we had to combine with Minehaha Academy hahahaha...and we were still a small **** team...small enough to where even if we all won our matches, we had so many forfeits that we'd still lose as a team haha

Wrestled for Minehaha Academy in Minneapolis' date=' Minnesota...see my school was too small to have a wrestling team so i we had to combine with Minehaha Academy hahahaha...and we were still a small **** team...small enough to where even if we all won our matches, we had so many forfeits that we'd still lose as a team haha[/quote']

Alot of good wrestlers come out of Minnesota.. I wrestled for Edisto in South Carolina, I just ask out of curiousity.

Alot of good wrestlers come out of Minnesota.. I wrestled for Edisto in South Carolina' date=' I just ask out of curiousity.[/quote']

no kidding, **** was crazy. IT's cool though man, love wrestling! I remember the first year was a *****...but man that secon year, it was so much easier to stay motivated and train hard.

no kidding' date=' **** was crazy. IT's cool though man, love wrestling! I remember the first year was a *****...but man that secon year, it was so much easier to stay motivated and train hard.[/quote']

I miss it alot, but very very very tiring.

I miss it alot' date=' but very very very tiring.[/quote']

i feel ya man...i'm looking all over for any kind of freestyle or greco club for guys past highschool...unfortunately my college doesn't have a team

Competitive or not?

Weight class?

and whats your record?

Come on tell the board how good you are' date=' the stage is yours.............................[/quote']

I am not currently training any MA or MMA

Wrestled in HS (Provincial level, same as State in the US) at 165 lbs

While in the military, I boxed (8-1-1), trained Krav Maga and Eskrima, with some Judo and Jiu-Jitsu thrown in.

I am not currently training any MA or MMA

Wrestled in HS (Provincial level' date=' same as State in the US) at 165 lbs

While in the military, I boxed (8-1-1), trained Krav Maga and Eskrima, with some Judo and Jiu-Jitsu thrown in.[/quote']

Krav maga?! Isn't that the crazy **** sh** that is in the Bourne films? You military guys are machines dude. Big respect!

Krav maga?! Isn't that the crazy **** sh** that is in the Bourne films? You military guys are machines dude. Big respect!

Krav Maga is a "martial art" developed by the Israeli army if I'm not mistaken, considered to be really badass with lots of dirty things in it...

To answer the original question:

I have not trained or competed in MMA but trained a lot of different martial arts like Judo, Jujutsu, Karate, Taido and Kickboxing.

Krav Maga is a "martial art" developed by the Israeli army if I'm not mistaken' date=' considered to be really badass with lots of dirty things in it...[/quote']

Correct, which is exactly why it has no place in modern MMA. Krav Maga was developed to allow you to prevail against an attacker long enough to allow you to run like bastard and escape the situation.

Exact words of my instructor :D

Correct' date=' which is exactly why it has no place in modern MMA. Krav Maga was developed to allow you to prevail against an attacker long enough to allow you to run like bastard and escape the situation.

Exact words of my instructor :D[/quote']

actually Krav Maga has roots in streetfighting - it was developed in what today is known as Slovakia. Developed by Jewish residents of Bratislava to defend against anti jewish mobs.

Guess it would be rude of me to ask someone a question and not answere your original question. I wrestled in Middle Schoo' date=' Junior High and High School for 7 years at 135 lbs. I have taken BJJ, not consitant at it, but took classes while I was in the desert. Currently learning a little muy tai while im in Okinawa, but I am currently trying to get my wife to be ok with it, but its a wait and see game with a miltary life style.[/quote']

So, your wife is OK with you being in the Military, but maybe not MMA? Well, I guess we all have to draw the line somewhere.

What Branch are you in? You said you are in Okinawa. Cool, what is your

MOS?

couple of years of Aikido in my early twenties (very interesting stuff Aikido) and kickboxing / muay thai from teens off and on... No fights... Oh 1 streetfight I couldnt avoid, lasted 3 seconds, 1 punch, broke my hand and 1 finger is still wack to this day, Im more a lover I guess...

aikido seems to be the word of the day on here. maybe one of you isn't lying but there is no way two guys out of the last three actually trained in it. i, personally, think that we have some high school virgins with pimples on their faces pretending to be fighters responding here.

7 years of wrestling at 170 and a few matches at 205. I used to train MMA for a year or so until I had my son. Working 2nd shift full time, training after work, and getting up every 4 hours in the night doesnt really work out too well in the whole body if u get my drift. lol. I would love to train again but theres really no gyms where I am located(Northwest Ohio). I would devote my time to BJJ if I could tho.

aikido seems to be the word of the day on here. maybe one of you isn't lying but there is no way two guys out of the last three actually trained in it. i' date=' personally, think that we have some high school virgins with pimples on their faces pretending to be fighters responding here.[/quote']

Agreed. But hey. You seem to be one of the most knowlageable people about MMA on here. Have u trained and if so, do u still?

Agreed. But hey. You seem to be one of the most knowlageable people about MMA on here. Have u trained and if so' date=' do u still?[/quote']

HAHAHA, he knows just enough to make him dangerous. lol

aikido seems to be the word of the day on here. maybe one of you isn't lying but there is no way two guys out of the last three actually trained in it. i' date=' personally, think that we have some high school virgins with pimples on their faces pretending to be fighters responding here.[/quote']

under kevin block in windsor http://www.chudokai.com/blok.php

Ya know dave, I usually respect things you say on this forum. How many ppl also mentioned wrestling? Or Boxing? Because 2 ppl studied the same discipline we are liars? I take offence. You don't know me, or the other guy, what gives you the right to judge me. How could a guy normaly so intelligent make himself sound so ignorant is beyond me. Grow up.

One more thing, never once did I claim to be a fighter or study for years in Japan ect....But seriously enough that I passed a few tests, got a few belt levels up, and learned some fundamentals that help me speak intelligently on it. I should probably calm down now after all aikdo does mean way of harmonizing energy. peace

Ya know dave' date=' I usually respect things you say on this forum. How many ppl also mentioned wrestling? Or Boxing? Because 2 ppl studied the same discipline we are liars? I take offence. You don't know me, or the other guy, what gives you the right to judge me. How could a guy normaly so intelligent make himself sound so ignorant is beyond me. Grow up.[/quote']

OH SNAP!!!!! LOL. Sorry. haha

HAHAHA' date=' he knows just enough to make him dangerous. lol[/quote']

I've got hockey and bar fighting experience. also have an older brother and cousins that i compete with for the family submission wrestling title. Yup, no real MMA. Karate is the only martial art in my home town. That being said, I wouldn't f*** with me. I hit really hard.

I've got hockey and bar fighting experience. also have an older brother and cousins that i compete with for the family submission wrestling title. Yup' date=' no real MMA. Karate is the only martial art in my home town. That being said, I wouldn't f*** with me. I hit really hard.[/quote']

HAHAHA, I meant knowledge bro, not fighting skills. lol

Ya know dave' date=' I usually respect things you say on this forum. How many ppl also mentioned wrestling? Or Boxing? Because 2 ppl studied the same discipline we are liars? I take offence. You don't know me, or the other guy, what gives you the right to judge me. How could a guy normaly so intelligent make himself sound so ignorant is beyond me. Grow up.[/quote']

wrestling and boxing aren't obscure activities like Aikido. maybe you do study it, i don't know. I kind of doubt that the other guy and you both study it. but if you both do, then good for you. i actually think it's a worthwhile endeavor to practise almost any martial art provided there is a real instructor involved and not a small town creepy weirdo that could get beat up by mom at a bar. I'm not really judging you either. I'm just kind of prodding people with a stick on here today. no real method to the madness.

HAHAHA' date=' I meant knowledge bro, not fighting skills. lol[/quote']

I'm a dangerous man either way. although I lied. Technically I have trained at a gym. I wasted a couple months at the Medicine Hat Boxing club. OMG what a s*** show.

wrestling and boxing aren't obscure activities like Aikido. maybe you do study it' date=' i don't know. I kind of doubt that the other guy and you both study it. but if you both do, then good for you. i actually think it's a worthwhile endeavor to practise almost any martial art provided there is a real instructor involved and not a small town creepy weirdo that could get beat up by mom at a bar. I'm not really judging you either. I'm just kind of prodding people with a stick on here [b']today.[/b] no real method to the madness.

Today? LOL@ that. Everyday.....yeah that sounds more accurate. But hey, I like ya.

wrestling and boxing aren't obscure activities like Aikido. maybe you do study it' date=' i don't know. I kind of doubt that the other guy and you both study it. but if you both do, then good for you. i actually think it's a worthwhile endeavor to practise almost any martial art provided there is a real instructor involved and not a small town creepy weirdo that could get beat up by mom at a bar. I'm not really judging you either. I'm just kind of prodding people with a stick on here today. no real method to the madness.[/quote']

Well I hope you checked out my link. And Aikido is based on a lot of the same principles of Judo. Had to ppl said the studied Judo would you have felt that was obscure. And I have my day of playful harrassment too, but no one enjoys being called a liar. BTW I hope you go back a page cuz I did edit my post.

Well I hope you checked out my link. And Aikido is based on a lot of the same principles of Judo. Had to ppl said the studied Judo would you have felt that was obscure. And I have my day of playful harrassment too' date=' but no one enjoys being called a liar. BTW I hope you go back a page cuz I did edit my post.[/quote']

I don't think Judo is obscure. I don't think that you are neccessarily a liar. I believe you. for what it's worth. like I said, I thik martial arts is a way of life for some, a bit of exercise for others and is it is usually a good thing for people to do. Going back and reading through the posts on here though, I'd give long odds that even half of the people on here have been even partially truthful. But half isn't bad. honestly, if there was an MMA center in my town I'd train too. as it stands, I'm relagated to being a fan.

my sensei is dutch, lived and studied in Japan over 10 years, and brought his Japanese wife and kids over to Netherlands for a job and started a lil "gym" by renting a grade school PE classroom out and give classes a couple of nights a week. I got interested as I worked in a company where their best sales guy was extremely high up in Aikido, I listened to him often, was intrigued by him, and I wanted to know more about it. Sensei went back to Japan for all the right family reasons, it was only 2 years, once a week, Im not even going to call it that I studied it, I was 21 and this is 15 years ago, but ok yes I am a virgin still I will give you that. :0)

(damn had to pull all that way out of my imagination **** cause I only watched a couple of Seagal movies, I think I got away with it though...)

(damn had to pull all that way out of my imagination **** cause I only watched a couple of Seagal movies, I think I got away with it though...)

that's lol. I love seagal's bad acting. in truth he is no joke, i believe he is an eighth dan if memory serves. could've been 6th. damn now i have to go check

I've never trained in any martial arts. Just picked up a form today to join The American Judo and Jiujitsu Federation, Inc. Starting training soon at the Medford Judo Academy. The oldest dojo in the AJJF. I'm very excited about it.

(damn had to pull all that way out of my imagination **** cause I only watched a couple of Seagal movies' date=' I think I got away with it though...)

that's lol. I love seagal's bad acting. in truth he is no joke, i believe he is an eighth dan if memory serves. could've been 6th. damn now i have to go check[/quote']

What?!?! Steven Seagal is an acting GOD!!! Probably the best actor to ever live!!! Well, its a toss up between him and Keaneu Reeves. But its very very close ;)