Sign in to follow this  
ricoj3323

Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig Could Be In The Works

I know my source isnt that good but this fight honestly does make sense,these guys both are on losing streaks and they both need a win real bad. There is a possibility that the loser of this fight could be cut

I would lean towards Mac Danzig though, dont get me wrong I like Joe Stevenson alot but he has the same gameplan each fight, hes like jorge gurgel, Joe dont stick to what hes good at, he just ends up getting in a prideful kickboxing match. Even though danzig doesn't seem to show heart in some fights, i still will give him the slight edge over joe stevenson

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/3/1/776714/an-upcoming-joe-stevenson

I dont think either will get cut if they lose though, especially Danzig. Main reason is the contract they have is for 3 years and I dont think Danzigs will be up by then. Geez if they are keeping Kendall, they will definitely keep Danzig

I know Stevenson has had better opponents since TUF but I'm going out on a limb to pick Danzig here. Mac hasn't fought much and he wants to show his worth. And hey, if he doesn't win, I'd be happy to see him out.

yeah, but Iwish is right. they still have Danzig on contract for about 2 more years. cant be certain, but i HIGHLY doubt they would cut a winner of a TUF season before his contract was up and still keep some of the people who lost that season in there. Mac will remain more then likely, but be fed some cans if/when he takes and loses this fight.

This is one of those 'why bother' fights to me. So Joe wins' date=' then what?[/quote']

Well he needs a good win. Fellow TUF winner looks good on the surface of things. But I guess it's better than feeding him to the sharks again. I would have prefered him to fight Josh Neer cos I wanted to punch him myself after the Danzig fight. But he did beat Danzig pretty comprehensively so that would have made more sense.

What do you tihnk would be a good fight for Joe? I'm not too sure right now. Sherk maybe? J Lau is out, BJ and Kenflo both whooped him, and he just lost to Diego. I think a fight against someone who is not very popular that he should beat is a decent choice at the moment. he needs to build up some more W's.

I'd be open to other suggestions though.

Well he needs a good win. Fellow TUF winner looks good on the surface of things. But I guess it's better than feeding him to the sharks again. I would have prefered him to fight Josh Neer cos I wanted to punch him myself after the Danzig fight. But he did beat Danzig pretty comprehensively so that would have made more sense.

What do you tihnk would be a good fight for Joe? I'm not too sure right now. Sherk maybe? J Lau is out' date=' BJ and Kenflo both whooped him, and he just lost to Diego. I think a fight against someone who is not very popular that he [i']should[/i] beat is a decent choice at the moment. he needs to build up some more W's.

I believe Sherk is fighting Frankie Edgar next, so that fight is difficult to make.

How about Joe Stevenson vs. Jeremy Stephens

After the Escudero vs. Stephens fight

Jeremy stevens would probably lose, so that is a good fight for Joe Daddy. He seems to be winning a lot of fights lately :)

this is a bad fight for danzig. I don't like joe Daddy at all but he might win this. He won't neccessarily have an advantage anywhere but I think he has more heart. Danzig needs to be moving to a new gym. I know he trains at Extrem Couture but when you are the 30th best guy in your gym it doesn't seem to benefit guys. stephan bonnar too, they both need to go somewhere that might make them a priority.

I agree its a bad fight for Danzig. I'm sure the UFC will realise that and think they dont want either of them to lose three fights in a row.

I think Neer, Stephens, or someone else of that ilk would be a good one for Joe Daddy.

I agree its a bad fight for Danzig. I'm sure the UFC will realise that and think they dont want either of them to lose three fights in a row.

I think Neer' date=' Stephens, or someone else of that ilk would be a good one for Joe Daddy.[/quote']

neer already beat joe daddy

What do you tihnk would be a good fight for Joe? I'm not too sure right now. Sherk maybe? J Lau is out' date=' BJ and Kenflo both whooped him, and he just lost to Diego. I think a fight against someone who is not very popular that he [i']should[/i] beat is a decent choice at the moment. he needs to build up some more W's.

I'm thinking a change of venue, maybe WEC.

I can see goldberg saying it now "One of these men are about to make UFC history Joe. For the first time, a TUF winner will be cut from the UFC" ahahhaahahahaha

wait what? what are we talking about exactly. i am just basically stating that i dont like Herman more then i dont like Grove and i dislike them both fairly much. lol

however give credit where credit is due. Herman and Grove put on a great show for their finale. it is only sad that THAT is both of their best fights imo.

wait what? what are we talking about exactly. i am just basically stating that i dont like Herman more then i dont like Grove and i dislike them both fairly much. lol

however give credit where credit is due. Herman and Grove put on a great show for their finale. it is only sad that THAT is both of their best fights imo.

Lol I agree wholeheartedly with this.

We were talking about who would be the first TUF winner to be kicked out of the UFC. I figured Grove first.

STRAIGHT UP WINNERS would be....

Danzig is getting close imo.

Grove as well.

.......wait.... lets not forget Lutter. he has already been cut. i win this game, u all suck.

STRAIGHT UP WINNERS would be....

Danzig is getting close imo.

Grove as well.

.......wait.... lets not forget Lutter. he has already been cut. i win this game' date=' u all suck.[/quote']

I thought Lutter deserved to stay. The only reason I had a hate on for him is because he spoiled a potentially good title shot, and he more then likely could have won. He had Spidey mounted, just not enough energy to properly armbar him. Then he lost to Franklin... I guess that is three strikes. Just sayin he deserved to stay more then some people... that is all

Joe has said he is moving up a weight class to 70.

imo he should drop to 45 and really be where his body size should be. Very very strong, but body size wise, he is better off dropping another div if he can.

Joe would literally have to be retarded to think he can do good at 170, he was there already, and dropped down. he either needs to stay at 155 or go to 145 IF he can because it would be a hard drop.

45 is the only route for Joe. I've stood next to him and shook hands. He is really short, shorter than he is listed that's for sure.

What's he gonna do against a 6'3' Ben Saunders? Anthoiny Johnson?

Please.