Sign in to follow this  
cpcateyes13

What the heck is up with charging $50 for 4 fights

I'm sorry. Maybe I am the only person in the world who is a little peeved about being charged $50.00 for pay per view. Especially when I am only getting to watch 4 fights. Is anyone else peeved about this? Oh and then to top things off, to see the "undercard" you have to pay an additonal fee to watch those on ufc.com. Gee I don't know but for 50 bucks shouldn't the undercard be free?

Personally, I've never felt as though I overpaid for an event, especially considering I get fight night events for free and my friends and I take turns hosting the PPVs. You could also look into whether any local bars are having it there. Some don't even have a cover charge.

I'm sorry. Maybe I am the only person in the world who is a little peeved about being charged $50.00 for pay per view. Especially when I am only getting to watch 4 fights. Is anyone else peeved about this? Oh and then to top things off' date=' to see the "undercard" you have to pay an additonal fee to watch those on ufc.com. Gee I don't know but for 50 bucks shouldn't the undercard be free?[/quote']

Yes, you are expected to pay that to watch the fight. if you don't want to pay that, either go to a bar and watch it, or simply don't watch it.

If you want to see all the fights, go watch it live ;)

Dont buy em' date=' go to a Hooters, Buffalo Wild Wings, or other sports bar. Its fun, and everybody has a good time.[/quote']

Yes. Mind you I could easily sit down at a bar, and over a 3 hour WEC event, easily consume more than $30 of beer and wings ;)

But I like it when people go to the pubs because in the end, it can save people money and Zuffa still gets paid.

Been going to bars for the last bunch of events or to Hooter's.

This weekend, I'll be at a friend's house and splitting the cost between all of us. The best part is that the noise won't be so bad that I can hardly hear the announcers/action and I'll be sitting on a nice comfy couch and no huge line to the bathroom (actually missed an entire fight waiting to use the restroom once).

We're ordering pizza and will purchase our drinks ahead of time...so it'll all be great!

If you're a single person and you're paying for the PPV's, you're just being foolish. Go to a bar and be social! Go to Hooter's and order a dinner & iced tea...you'll come out ahead and get to watch some up close eye candy between the fights....

If you want to see all the fights' date=' go watch it live ;)[/quote']

Oh yeah, that's what I do. When I don't want to shell out the cash for 4 fights on PPV I buy a $300 plane ticket to Vegas, Jersey or wherever the fight is plus a I buy a $289 ticket for the event and then I pay about $89 to $120 or so for a 1 night hotel stay. So yeah, it's easier to go see it live for about $800 and see all the fights then pay $50 and only see 4...............Dude if you want to see the fight when it happens and don't want to pay the $50 do what everyone else has suggested. If you can wait to see the fight, buy it or rent it when it comes out on DVD and you get to see all the matches.

LOL, sure you could do that, or you could go watch them live :D

I'm just playin'.

Look people, most of you understand this, some people it seems, don't. This is a business, part of running a successful business is to be well, successful. Profits are what drive a business. Elite XC didn't understand the concept and well we know what happened there, Affliction profits? um, yeah, no. GB has told you about the pending salary cuts and in a recent interview Tom Atencio wouldn't deny the possibility that they may not even have a 3rd show.

The UFC knows how to generate revenue, it is what they are good at. This is how you run a successful business.

Pay for it, enjoy it, or go to the pub and enjoy it there.

I actually e-mailed the ufc on this and got a response. It said that when you order a PPV event, you buy 3hrs worth of air time/fights. If the last fight goes over the 3hr mark, it gets kicked back to the fight prior. If you get less then 2 1/2hrs of fights, your local provider is responsable, not the UFC. At least thats what they told me.

Wishing to see all the undercard fights as well as the main events, really is'nt such a bad thing. I would love to see the whole event beginning to end, even though I fully understand why this cant happen. To me the 50 bucks is well spent, but the more fights that are aired the better IMO.

i wonder what the cost is for extra time for ppv events. 3 hours is pretty much the industry standard, but I wonder why. I mean, the channel is usually clear before and after the fight. Most sat companies usually have a couple of ppv channels with no programming. It would leave me to believe that making some money is better than none, so the sat ppl would give extra time for next to nothing. It would also net that particular company more buy potentially if they are the four hour provider not the three hour. I don't know enough about the industry, but it seems logical to me.

oh by the way 3 hours in the bar and i would DEFINATELY consume more than $30 in booze and chicken wings. you forgot the shots, the wife's drinks, the cab ride home cuz you're smashed.......