Sign in to follow this  
gspwelterw8champ

Couture Vs. Cro Cop at UFC 99

Couture vs CroCop would be much more interesting than Noguiera.

Just my opinion

Interesting. I was thinking Ground/stand up vs Ground/standup would be more interesting then strict stand up. I think if Cro Cop couldnt keep the fight standing with Couture then he would get sillyed.

Interesting. I was thinking Ground/stand up vs Ground/standup would be more interesting then strict stand up. I think if Cro Cop couldnt keep the fight standing with Couture then he would get sillyed.

+1

but i cant see Randy not be able to get inside and take down Mirko. So his stand up would probably be nullified in this fight.

Couture/Nog to me is more appealing to watch as a fan.

+1

but i cant see Randy not be able to get inside and take down Mirko. So his stand up would probably be nullified in this fight.

Agreed.

+1

Same here.

I hear couture wants this match up.

and cro cop did a interview in croatian saying hes confirmed for this blahblahblah.

does anyone no if there is a truth to this? o__O

Not happening.

i agree, we have all seen the current form of nog at the moment, and it isnt great, i feel cro cop vs coulture would be much better, and it would bring in a lot more publicity and attention compared to coulture vs nog, plus i want to see cro cop back in the octagon again, even though he isnt completely comfortable in there.

Rather than start a new thread I thought i'd just ask here, when Cro Cop was KO'd by Conzaga did he break his leg/ankle? Cro Cop I mean, I was watching UFC 96 Countdown last night and never realised even though I watched the fight live, that Cro Cop fell the way he did?

Thanks

Rather than start a new thread I thought i'd just ask here' date=' when Cro Cop was KO'd by Conzaga did he break his leg/ankle? Cro Cop I mean, I was watching UFC 96 Countdown last night and never realised even though I watched the fight live, that Cro Cop fell the way he did?

Thanks[/quote']

cro cop just twisted his ankle, not a major injury i think it looked worse than what it was. he fought kongo at ufc 75, and has had 3 fights since then 2 of which he has won, so he is in good form, and i think it would be a much better fight if he fought randy than if nog did

i agree' date=' we have all seen the current form of nog at the moment, and it isnt great[/b'], i feel cro cop vs coulture would be much better, and it would bring in a lot more publicity and attention compared to coulture vs nog, plus i want to see cro cop back in the octagon again, even though he isnt completely comfortable in there.

More then likely because of the styles Couture would kill Cro Cop the same way Fedor did, just not nearly as well. I think Nog/Couture is better suited because their specialties are the ground by far, and stand up as secondary. Nog has better stand up, but Couture has better clinch fighting.

What Nog are you talking about that isnt great? He UDd Herring, and he SUBd Sylvia, what more do you want?

i dont think randy would 'kill' cro cop.. cro cop is still a great striker and could knock out randy... randy has got the ground game though, and about nog; dont get me wrong he is a great fighter but he was no where near his best against frank mir and i think it would be a bad idea to put him up against randy at the moment.

i dont think randy would 'kill' cro cop.. cro cop is still a great striker and could knock out randy... randy has got the ground game though' date=' and about nog; dont get me wrong he is a great fighter but he was no where near his best against frank mir and i think it would be a bad idea to put him up against randy at the moment.[/quote']

... Of course he wasnt near his best against Mir... he was extremely ill. He fought anyways, but it is hard to put out your best when you couldnt even complete your training camp because your illness was so severe.

Of course Cro Cop could KO Randy, but I doubt he would get the chance off of his back.