Sign in to follow this  
meangene1pctr

Yves Lavigne

This cat needs to be FIRED......WTF was that with Pete Sell???????? I sat in Vegas and watched Vanderlei take 3 shots he shouldnt have....this is ridiculous....someones going to get SERIOUSLY hurt with this cat

This cat needs to be FIRED......WTF was that with Pete Sell???????? I sat in Vegas and watched Vanderlei take 3 shots he shouldnt have....this is ridiculous....someones going to get SERIOUSLY hurt with this cat

I have never been on this site before, but what i just watched was ABSOLUTELY f'n rediculous, i was furious, i started screaming at the tv. FIRST of all, he stopped the fight in my opinion maybe a little prematurely, but if your going to stop it, STOP IT FFS. the guy was obviously out of it, if you stop a fight and start it again, hes OBVIOUSLY not going to know what the hell is going on......i hope hes canned. MORON

He may get reprimanded for this foul up. Either you stop it or you dont wether you should or shouldnt but you dont ever be indecisive like he was in this fight. completely no confidence in himself as ref and that can be dangerous for fighters

I watched the fight on PPV and while i know little about umpiring, something should be done about this guy. Pete Sell is going to talk like Rocky even more after that fight. In other professional sports Ref's who make mistakes like that get sent packing.

lol, you complain when refs stop it too soon, you complain if fights go to long... :rolleyes:

Yves is one of the best in the business.

He moved to stop it, but Pete got up from the shot right away and he let it continue. Had he stopped it there, you all would be saying it was stopped too soon...

I think this is Yves worst call. This had me confused. I agreed with all of his stoppages I just wish it was sooner. Sell was Zombying bad after Brown. Still though, it could have been a lot worse especially if Brown would have plummed him. You guys tend not to realize that Yves has had very few bad calls. Again this is his worst. If you think this is bad, watch Burns/Johnson. Still the worst call I have seen to date.

lol' date=' you complain when refs stop it too soon, you complain if fights go to long... :rolleyes:

Yves is one of the best in the business.

He moved to stop it, but Pete got up from the shot right away and he let it continue. Had he stopped it there, you all would be saying it was stopped too soon...[/quote']

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

Yves is the best in the game right now hands down imo. the fight was fine, stop trying to find things to complain about.

Lavigne is alright. the worst ref is still Mazzagatti and always will be. That guy is way worse. I wouldn't let him umpire a t-ball game. Yves should be reprimanded. he should be suspended unofficially for a month or two but I'd still keep him after that. He was widely considered the best in the business before tonight. I think if the fighter's had a poll of refs they would want in a big fight he would make the top 3 without a doubt.

Yves is a great Ref, and this is just one of those fights some casual fans see and think he is the worst ref in the game.

I think he had a brain fart in this fight thats all, brew brought up a good point, in that had the fight been stopped, someone would be posting how bad a ref he was for stopping the fight too soon.

If it were stopped right there and then, or while Sell was getting mauled either way, Brown owned Sell this fight, maybe should have been stopped right there and then to save Sell a beating lols.

Yves is a great Ref' date=' and this is just one of those fights some casual fans see and think he is the worst ref in the game.

I think he had a brain fart in this fight thats all, brew brought up a good point, in that had the fight been stopped, someone would be posting how bad a ref he was for stopping the fight too soon.

If it were stopped right there and then, or while Sell was getting mauled either way, Brown owned Sell this fight, maybe should have been stopped right there and then to save Sell a beating lols.[/quote']

It doesnt really matter what people think and what people think has no place in the ring. Im not bashing him for making or not making the right call Im just saying that as ref in this sport you have to be decisive make a choice one way or another and not hesitate. So he messed up sure so im talking about tonight only not any other fight he has reffed..

It doesnt really matter what people think and what people think has no place in the ring. Im not bashing him for making or not making the right call Im just saying that as ref in this sport you have to be decisive make a choice one way or another and not hesitate. So he messed up sure so im talking about tonight only not any other fight he has reffed..

Ok so we are both in agreement that he messed up so where is the problem? lol.

i didnt think it was a bad call.

It just looked like he stopped the fight, then let it continue. I believe the fight should have been stopped right when it looked like he did the first time. Sell was definitely out. I could tell just by the way he was moving he was toast. Brown kept backing away because he did not want to hurt him. It was not necessarily a bad call, it just should have been ended the first time that is all I feel.

Is this the Guy that Dana White is always talking smack about? saying stuff like hes a nice guy but he sucks as referee? I can see why now..

actually i think Dana is talking about Steve Mazzagatti

It just looked like he stopped the fight' date=' then let it continue. I believe the fight should have been stopped right when it looked like he did the first time. Sell was definitely out. I could tell just by the way he was moving he was toast. Brown kept backing away because he did not want to hurt him. It was not necessarily a bad call, it just should have been ended the first time that is all I feel.[/quote']

Yeah i agree he should have stopped the fight at that moment. The rest of the fight was de ja vu to Lauzon/Miller on the TUF show after Joe landed those elbows to the back of the head. Clearly you can tell Miller was out of it the rest of the fight. Same to Sell.

Yeah i agree he should have stopped the fight at that moment. The rest of the fight was de ja vu to Lauzon/Miller on the TUF show after Joe landed those elbows to the back of the head. Clearly you can tell Miller was out of it the rest of the fight. Same to Sell.

Agreed. That was a very obvious call to me, but then again I had a better angle then Yves the whole fight with 5 cameramen showing he was out cold. I was calling it immediately after Yves stepped in at the beginning saying HE IS OUT!. Then a couple of my family members were unsure until they saw him basically being pushed over. Yves made a good decision to stop it the second time, it just deserved to be stopped the first time.

That fight was awsome, but the ref was out to lunch. What happened at the one minute mark when he stopped the fight, then fired it back up. THEN, when Pete was obviously hurt and not able to continue... he keeps it going?

So, Bad reffing, or good reffing? Should it have been stopped or should it have continued?

yves has a reputation to let the fights go a little longer. i think in the flash moment he changed his mind to save his rep. i've seen more fighters get the extra lickin when he's the ref than any other ref. this was a really bad decision on his part. you can't let your reputation dictate your decisions.

I wasn't really watching it, to me it looked like he did stop it and Pete Sell got up and continued fighting lmao. Then I saw the replay of the odd reffing. Oh well.

I thought it looked pretty bad. But once again, he was trying to ensure the safety of the fighters. Looks like he felt he jumped in a little too soon so he let it continue.

Either way, he is one of the best in the business.

I thought the first stoppoage was a lil premature but I thought it was crazy to restart it again. Once I saw the replays, I would have been ok with the first stoppage afterall. What I DO like about this is what G said, it looked like he felt he made a mistake and did what he could to try to fix it. Most people wouldn't do that. I also agree that he's obviously a great ref.

I thought it looked pretty bad. But once again' date=' he was trying to ensure the safety of the fighters. Looks like he felt he jumped in a little too soon so he let it continue.

Either way, he is one of the best in the business.[/quote']

I agree with some ppl that it was slightly strange, but I think cos we haven't seen it happen before. I think G makes a good point here that he realised he fu*ked up a bit and said carry on. It could have been slightly unfair on Brown though if it had ended up going the other way because had Yves not stopped him, Brown would have decisively finished the fight there and then.

The outcome wasn't altered at all which is good, but I think the wierd thing is that it could have with Sell getting that extra bit of recovery time.

Props to Yves for realising he screwed up, but I hope we dont see more of it in the future because we could end up in the situation of a guy getting prevented from finishing a fight and then getting caught themselves. That would cause ALOT more debate than this.

That was indeed bad. Once you stop a guy from attacking a downed opponent, it has to be over. That stop n go thing he did reminds me of the Herb Dean butt in move he does. I understand getting close, but make it direct and official (OFFICIAL) or don't do anything. I would not have complained if he had stopped it when he initially did.

I agree he is def the worst

Look at Dustin Hazlett

He had a full blown kamira and trying to crank it when he stands them up

I know it was hard for Joe not to talk smack about him and put him on the ground and break his arm

Too many pre mature stand ups

I say since Big McCarthy left Herb Dean is the best

Give it a rest you guys. This ref is easily one of the best in the business.

EVERYONE makes mistakes, even Dana F'n White himself! He didn't want to steal a fight from the fans as he thought Drago was still good to go and he corrected his own mistake. Apparently Drago wasn't ready, but that's beside the point. Also there's only so much a ref can do to stop a fighter from inflicting more damage then necessary, anyone here remember Babalu's UFC career ending choke on David Heath? Yeah the ref tried pulling him off numerous times, and Bablu held on.

Bottom line though is that Yves has continuously been a top ref and I cannot stand uneducated fans who get on their holier than thou high horses and try and tear someone down for such a minor mistake. Get over it, there has (and will be) far worse reffing in EVERY sport.

Pathetic that a guy is taking so much flack for something like this, very uneducated fans put a real down spin on this sport.

What's worse is this site would be filled with a bunch of people (especially Sherdog forums) complaining and moaning about how they were robbed a great fight and how bad his officiating is.

I straight up can't stand Yves. Why Demo, why, I hear you ask.

Ever since Heath Herring lost to Nog in the UFC. Heath puts Nog down, punches him in the head unanswered several times, looks confused that the fight hasn't been stopped, and steps back. You all know the rest.

Imagine me, Herring fan that I am, doing a victory dance round my lounge room as I see Heath landing punches, only to look back and see Heath standing back....

My distraught howls amused dogs in the blocks surrounding my place.

I was so upset I had to order pizza.

Don't get me started on the Kos's bloodfest where he spent the last round back pedalling because because he was so obviously tired of his fist smacking against skull that he felt sorry for the side of beef he'd been pounding.

I'm getting so upset thinking about it I might order pizza...

I straight up can't stand Yves. Why Demo' date=' why, I hear you ask.

Ever since Heath Herring lost to Nog in the UFC. Heath puts Nog down, punches him in the head unanswered several times, looks confused that the fight hasn't been stopped, and steps back. You all know the rest.

Imagine me, Herring fan that I am, doing a victory dance round my lounge room as I see Heath landing punches, only to look back and see Heath standing back....

My distraught howls amused dogs in the blocks surrounding my place.

I was so upset I had to order pizza.

Don't get me started on the Kos's bloodfest where he spent the last round back pedalling because because he was so obviously tired of his fist smacking against skull that he felt sorry for the side of beef he'd been pounding.

I'm getting so upset thinking about it I might order pizza...[/quote']

THIS!

That is exactly what is wrong with MMA fans in general. VERY biased for their fighters and completely disregard what happens and interpret every situation very poorly.

He took what 4-6 semi hard shots after being kicked but continued to demonstrate consciousness and attempted to roll away and block the strikes.

I hope the fans don't continue the trend of being soft towards fighters and fights. Otherwise we will continue to have Koschek stops where the fighter still has the ability to stay in a fight but is taken out because fans can't handle a guy being punched too many consecutive times.

THIS!

That is exactly what is wrong with MMA fans in general. VERY biased for their fighters and completely disregard what happens and interpret every situation very poorly.

(MOD EDIT)

He took what 4-6 semi hard shots after being kicked but continued to demonstrate consciousness and attempted to roll away and block the strikes.

I hope the fans don't continue the trend of being soft towards fighters and fights. Otherwise we will continue to have Koschek stops where the fighter still has the ability to stay in a fight but is taken out because fans can't handle a guy being punched too many consecutive times.

I'm proud to be held up as the worst kind of fan. At last my efforts are being recognised.

Demolition. I believe you definitely saw that fight from the wrong angle. Nog made a serious comeback from getting hit that hard, his chin is made of steel. He defended and recovered, that was all there was too it.

Yves is one of the best refs. I cannot believe anyone can even attempt this argument. Ill make a deal right now with the first person to find me 5 bad moves/calls/ref jobs by Yves, and I will automatically say he is the worst. Now, since I know that is not going to happen no matter how hard you look, you will admit after this point that Mazz is the worst.

yves is the best in the game rite now.... the sell/ brown thing was wacky but nobody is perfect. mazz is definately one of the worst... burns/ johnson 1 still makes me upset. how about the one ref in the bruno/ rees fight that kept calling for action when there was plenty of it.. and then he made them stand up when bruno had his back.

Demolition. I believe you definitely saw that fight from the wrong angle. Nog made a serious comeback from getting hit that hard' date=' his chin is made of steel. He defended and recovered, that was all there was too it.

Yves is one of the best refs. I cannot believe anyone can even attempt this argument. Ill make a deal right now with the first person to find me 5 bad moves/calls/ref jobs by Yves, and I will automatically say he is the worst. Now, since I know that is not going to happen no matter how hard you look, you will admit after this point that Mazz is the worst.[/quote']

I'm more than happy to admit that Nog is a freak who gets up from more punishment than Jason and Freddy combined, but you have to let me keep my hate dammit :)

Oh and thanks for putting forth a decent slant rather than just call me a tool :D

I'm more than happy to admit that Nog is a freak who gets up from more punishment than Jason and Freddy combined' date=' but you have to let me keep my hate dammit :)

Oh and thanks for putting forth a decent slant rather than just call me a tool :D[/quote']

Lol. At least you take it as constructive criticism and not me being an **** and having it out for you. I am just simply not that kind of man :) But I will respect what you say, and if I disagree, you will hear why right afterwards.

sometimes u need to be mean though ;) lol. i find it SO funny that whenever someone tries to start something with me, u or arlovskiviako or david or SOMEONE is saying.. "aw man, u dont want that" lol as if i am the meanest on the board or something.

u are all my minions.

I've seen fights stopped for less then the beating that Sell took in those first few seconds, and I think Yves woul'dve stopped it after he pushed Brown back a bit had Sell not jumped to his feet so damn fast. You can tell that Yves had his arms out and was ready to wave the match over but changed his mind last second and just kept Brown off of Sells for a second and let them continue. Being a ref is a tough job, you wanna give the fans what they want and you want to be fair to the fighters and give them every chance to keep going. Like someone said before, Sells was just a zombie out there, how he even got up is just miraculous to me, dude got his **** KICKED!!!

sometimes u need to be mean though ;) lol. i find it SO funny that whenever someone tries to start something with me' date=' u or arlovskiviako or david or SOMEONE is saying.. "aw man, u dont want that" lol as if i am the meanest on the board or something.

u are all my minions.[/quote']

Its true. I am your minion

You are undefeated against noobs. There is no point so we just warn them ahead of time or face the consequences of looking like an idiot. They never comes to terms

Its true. I am your minion

You are undefeated against noobs. There is no point so we just warn them ahead of time or face the consequences of looking like an idiot. They never comes to terms

No one told me there were consequences for looking like an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

What are these consequences??? I'm beginning to think I may regret 90% of my life...

P.S. I'm a noob please be gentle....

No one told me there were consequences for looking like an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!

What are these consequences??? I'm beginning to think I may regret 90% of my life...

P.S. I'm a noob please be gentle....

LOL you are hilarious. My biggest mistake was my mom giving birth to me :(

Do you want to be noobs together? It will cheer me up :)