Sign in to follow this  
zone

Rampage Out,Machida In!

Coolness and absence of heat and haste indicate fine qualities with the "MAN" Machida. His science of the sport of MMA has found a cure for the likes of evans and the boyz. Obstinacy is the strength of the weak, not saying Machida is weak, however he is ever so humble and respectful with all opponents he meets in the Octagon. Favor of the gods go to Machida......

Siiiiiigh! No I was of the opinion Rampage deserved his shot again at the title before Machidas. Quintons injured, and its now moot. In the long run this might be better though. Rashads chances are better vs Lyoto (imo) and that makes a better fight. Whoever wins will get der **** whooped by the true dominant force in the UFC LHW division.

i actually think style wise machida is a tougher match up for rashad than quinton.

i know theres alot of quinton fans tons, and for good reason. im not saying quinton wouldnt

stomp rashad. im just saying in my opinion machida is a tougher match up for rashad.

rashad always seems to do good against those aggresive guys that come at him

swinging. (which is pretty much what i would excpect rampage to do)

I hope to god that Rashad beats the ever living hell out of Machida, if he doesn't run the whole fight!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry but what makes you guys think that machida is going to dominate rashad, Machida is good and has a unique style but rashad is smart.. this will be a great fight even if i am wrong and machida wins, but i am pulling for rashad...

I'm a Machida fan but I still think Rashad has a chance in this fight. If he chases Machida like most people have, he will lose badly. However, if he waits for Machida to come to him, then he will have opportunities to use his hand speed. I'm not saying Rashad will win, but with the right gameplan he could greatly increase his chances. The question is, can Rashad stop himself from chasing Lyoto if he gets behind on the judges scorecards? I guess that's what we're waiting to see. Go Machida!

I'm a Machida fan but I still think Rashad has a chance in this fight. If he chases Machida like most people have' date=' he will lose badly. However, if he waits for Machida to come to him, then he will have opportunities to use his hand speed. I'm not saying Rashad will win, but with the right gameplan he could greatly increase his chances. The question is, can Rashad stop himself from chasing Lyoto if he gets behind on the judges scorecards? I guess that's what we're waiting to see. Go Machida![/quote']

Neither one of these guys chases any opponent, they are both counter strikers. Rashad is at a disadvantage because of Machidas kicks which will increase the range and if it goes to the ground, the black belt is going to come in real handy. He's just as fast as Evans so negate that the only thing Rashad has is the wrestlilng, but we all know the jits will screw that up. Bad night for Evans

I agree with you. I think Machida will win. I'm just saying there's always a chance for Rashad. It seems like everyone isn't giving him any chance at winning this fight. I was stating how he could improve his chances.

I agree with you. I think Machida will win. I'm just saying there's always a chance for Rashad. It seems like everyone isn't giving him any chance at winning this fight.

Rashad does have a better chance than any other UFC LHW at this moment. But I think Machida will win.

Are u saying Rampage cant be knocked out or you just think there s no way he can t be knocked out by Rashad cause from what i know Rashad has deadly power in his hands and feet and we both know Rashad is alot quicker than Rampage alot quicker. I was saying that it d be a knock out either way Rampage or Rashad could get knocked out its a fight anything can happen. I mean Rampage after all did ko Wandi wit his eyes closed so anything can happen. Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage and not to many people thought that could happen.

Well' date=' I do not like Rashad.....at all.

I will not say it is because he is ****y. Penn is one of my favorite fighters. I just do not like the guy. His wife is awesome. I hung out with her for a good while. But Rashad...meh.[/quote']

Hey G_row I've notice in a few threads that you mention hanging out with some pretty tough dudes wives. Balls of steel, my friend, Balls of steel. ;)

Neither one of these guys chases any opponent' date=' they are both counter strikers. Rashad is at a disadvantage because of Machidas kicks which will increase the range and if it goes to the ground, the black belt is going to come in real handy. [b']He's just as fast as Evans so negate that the only thing Rashad has is the wrestlilng, but we all know the jits will screw that up[/b]. Bad night for Evans

Evans may have the wrestling over Machida, but Machidas sumo background for some reason destroys wrestling. We have seen him do it time and time again. When someone goes for the takedown, Machida usually has enough range to gauge the takedown and overpower them (somehow he ALWAYS overpowers them). Even when Machida is weaker or smaller he still ends up on top. Now add the BJJ blackbelt and that is that. Machida is definitely more advanced on the ground then Rashad.

Hey G_row I've notice in a few threads that you mention hanging out with some pretty tough dudes wives. Balls of steel' date=' my friend, Balls of steel. ;)[/quote']

G ROW IS A MOFO PIMP! arent ya G ;)

Are u saying Rampage cant be knocked out or you just think there s no way he can t be knocked out by Rashad cause from what i know Rashad has deadly power in his hands and feet and we both know Rashad is alot quicker than Rampage alot quicker. I was saying that it d be a knock out either way Rampage or Rashad could get knocked out its a fight anything can happen. I mean Rampage after all did ko Wandi wit his eyes closed so anything can happen. Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage and not to many people thought that could happen.

Forrest didn't KO Rampage, the only thing that has KO'D Rampage was 30 Wandy knees.

Rashad doesn't have the power of 30 Wandy knees. So Rashad is not gonna KO Rampage.

Rampage has tons of power and Rashad hasn't fought anyone with that much power, so his chin hasn't been tested by an opponent of Rampages Caliper.

Forrest didn't KO Rampage' date=' the only thing that has KO'D Rampage was 30 Wandy knees.

Rashad doesn't have the power of 30 Wandy knees. So Rashad is not gonna KO Rampage.

Rampage has tons of power and Rashad hasn't fought anyone with that much power, so his chin hasn't been tested by an opponent of Rampages Caliper.[/quote']

Definitely agree

Rampages power > Rashads power by a long shot

Rampages chin is more then likely better too. Even though Rashad has a solid chin, I dont think it is nearly as solid as Rampages.

Rashad may have the speed advantage but it isnt a huge advantage over Rampage when he is in excellent condition. Wandy is WAAAAAY faster and he ate it.

Rampage looked slow to me in his last fight.

Like someone has prev noted, Jardine can make others look slow due to his unusual style. People are less inclined to engage as they are trying to measure or time Jardine's movements. Also Rampage has the documented Jaw injury, so he was defntly more cautious in this fight to protect himself from further injury. He will be out for atleast 6-8 months i believe so its a moot point now, but Rampage did what he had to do to win the fight and now he needs to get healed up. A healthy Rampage imo would have been more aggressive and engaging in that fight, as bull rush seems to be overwhelm Jardine and jardine is better moving forward than he is backwards.

I don't deny any of what you said. It was just an observation. If Jardine makes Rampage look slow, I can't imagine what will happen with Machida if they fight.

Hey guys,

It seems like Rashad's way over his head on paper but Rashad's team could come with an ever so perfect gameplan but on the other hand it may not work just like Keith vs Page.

Personally it would've been easier and cooler to have Rashad fight Page, let's face it.

Rashad want revenge and they hate each other's guts and that's waht fans want, fireworks.

But to say the least, Machida deserves a title shot.

Personally after seeing him beat Thiago Silva I don't believe he's stoppable at this moment, let's not forget however...

Thiago said in an interview before the fight he'd stay away from the mind games of Machida and not allow himself to become the victim of his fighting style which was the opposite of what he did.

Machida however in that fight demonstrated that he can use his fighting style offensively as well as defensively.

Rashad... I don't think his aggresive style may work in his favor but he's got good reflexes and he may tag him when needed and might win through decision.

In the end if Rashad does make it through, his reputation a fighter and him having the title of being the UFC Champion will be heavily known among many MMA fans.

i have hated machida ever since i saw his fight against tito ortiz, he has the most boring no balls style ever. all he does is back track and counter, which is obviously the most effective way to fight but its boring as ****. can you imagine him fighting someone with the exact same game plan it'd be the worst fight ever neither fighter would get within five feet of the other. i think he'll beat rashad by boring him to death or a unanimous decision and reign supreme over 205 devision for a boring few years.

Hey G_row I've notice in a few threads that you mention hanging out with some pretty tough dudes wives. Balls of steel' date=' my friend, Balls of steel. ;)[/quote']

LOL, one of my closest friends husband is a 6'8" UFC Veteran.

i have hated machida ever since i saw his fight against tito ortiz' date=' he has the most boring no balls style ever. all he does is back track and counter, which is obviously the most effective way to fight but its boring as ****. can you imagine him fighting someone with the exact same game plan it'd be the worst fight ever neither fighter would get within five feet of the other. i think he'll beat rashad by boring him to death or a unanimous decision and reign supreme over 205 devision for a boring few years.[/quote']

Machida completely destroyed Tito. If Machida fought someone like himself the fight would be extremely technical. Did you notice that Machida took Tito down easily with complete unpredictability? I hate to say it, but I find brawls boring. I actually dislike fights like Bonnar/Griffin because they are not very technical and extremely sloppy looking. I think what you are saying is incredibly disrespectful. Maybe you should go watch some other fights with him and see that he can KO people pretty easily and SUB them as well ;). Besides all that, what do you want to see, guys exchange 50 times so that it becomes a boxing match? Maybe some kicks? I dont understand sometimes...

LOL' date=' one of my closest friends husband is a 6'8" UFC Veteran.[/quote']

He still fights too doesnt he?? I thought he was doing good in some underground league or something. I cant remember the name but that is what I thought was up. Is there a chance the UFC will ask him to come in again?

I hate to say it, but I find brawls boring. I actually dislike fights like Bonnar/Griffin because they are not very technical and extremely sloppy looking.

Mow I wouldnt go as far as saying they are boring. It depends on the mood I guess. Personally I am a huge fan of a great ground fight. Transitions and sub attempts and whatnot. I would much rather see a Griffin/Guida type fight than a Griffin/Bonnar fight as well. But I do still love the slugfest from time to time. Like the Huerta/Garcia fight. Thats one of my favs. I love chess matches on the ground the best tho. Very intense to watch. But I do agree with the technical aspect of ur post. Its much better to watch guys go at it and have a stale mate than swinging like 2 drunk guys in a bar. Good post Iwish

I hate to say it' date=' but I find brawls boring. I actually dislike fights like Bonnar/Griffin because they are not very technical and extremely sloppy looking.

Mow I wouldnt go as far as saying they are boring. It depends on the mood I guess. Personally I am a huge fan of a great ground fight. Transitions and sub attempts and whatnot. I would much rather see a Griffin/Guida type fight than a Griffin/Bonnar fight as well. But I do still love the slugfest from time to time. Like the Huerta/Garcia fight. Thats one of my favs. I love chess matches on the ground the best tho. Very intense to watch. But I do agree with the technical aspect of ur post. Its much better to watch guys go at it and have a stale mate than swinging like 2 drunk guys in a bar. Good post Iwish[/quote']

Exactly. I LOOOVE Griffin/Guida or Griffin/Edgar.. the end of Griffin/Edgar was very exciting. Being in a tight kneebar and he would not tap for 1 minute of severe pain. That match is by far a favourite. Bar fights to me though just dont do it. I like to see skills in many different aspects of the sport instead of just punch punch punch punch punch knee punch punch punch punch. I found that match somewhat exciting but it just looked like a Rocky movie to me... And I am not a fan of the Rocky movies... that is my opinion of course.

He still fights too doesnt he?? I thought he was doing good in some underground league or something. I cant remember the name but that is what I thought was up. Is there a chance the UFC will ask him to come in again?

The Sandman ;)

i don't disslike technical fighters or technical fights, i like watching fighters with a good ground game as much as a good stand up brawl. i have nothing against his being elusive, its the fact that every time i have seen him fighting its been the same. he backs away and backs away then counters. if ocasionaly he came out at the start of the fight and was the agresor from the start i wouldn't mind. anyway i said before and i'll say it again in terms of winning fights he has the rite idea. i think he'll beat rashad, and be the champ for a long time. i look forward to seeing what game plan rashad comes up with to fight him though.

MMA is not a sport of hate or blood lust. Anyone who delves on hate for one fighter over another does not have that pure mind-set for the sport. It is a mysterious, intelligent, mind over matter kind of sport. Because one fighter may appear to be stronger that the other, does not make the fight. It is a discipline of focus, humility, and respect for all of your opponents. "Only a strong tree can stand alone" Arnold Glasow ....

Griffin/ Edgar was a great fight and I love the technical aspect of the game as well as technically sound fights. I think if you're not finding fights like Griffin/ Bonnar entertaining then you're selling yourself a little short. Alot of GREAT fighters were on their feet cheering for that fight. Don't let the fact that you have some technical knowledge take away from your enjoyment of 2 warriors throwing down in the middle of the octagon. It's a different form of competition but still great competition.

Griffin/ Edgar was a great fight and I love the technical aspect of the game as well as technically sound fights. I think if you're not finding fights like Griffin/ Bonnar entertaining then you're selling yourself a little short. Alot of GREAT fighters were on their feet cheering for that fight. Don't let the fact that you have some technical knowledge take away from your enjoyment of 2 warriors throwing down in the middle of the octagon. It's a different form of competition but still great competition.

Honestly I am not that thrilled by that match. When Spike shows TUF 1 finale reruns I just change the channel. I dont know why but it is just not appealing to me... it looks so sloppy IMO.

Honestly I am not that thrilled by that match. When Spike shows TUF 1 finale reruns I just change the channel. I dont know why but it is just not appealing to me... it looks so sloppy IMO.

I guess it's just not your cup of tea. I can respect that. Did you like Faber/ Pulver 1? All standup with more technical striking?

This will be a great fight even if u hate either one of these guys. Cant wait to see Rashad Evans laid out and Machidas hand raised as the New Light Heavy weight Champion of the World. Then once Rampage is heal, he too will fall victim to a Dragon **** whoopin,,,,,, "Battle of the Undefeateds" Evans KOed 2nd round.... Once Machida is champ i think he'll stay champ for a while. CANT WAIT

Sig bet my friend? I say Machida will KO or TKO Rashad.

LOL I cannot sig bet on my favourite fighter, but Rashad has a great chin, and I personally think Machida would have to connect in round 5 with a heavy shot in order to KO him. At that point I dont think Machida will be full power, so I dont see Rashad dropping. Remember, Rashad ate a super punch from the infamous super puncher named Chuck Liddell and just shook it off. I am just saying it is incredibly unlikely G :)

LOL I cannot sig bet on my favourite fighter' date=' but Rashad has a great chin, and I personally think Machida would have to connect in round 5 with a heavy shot in order to KO him. At that point I dont think Machida will be full power, so I dont see Rashad dropping. Remember, Rashad ate a super punch from the infamous super puncher named Chuck Liddell and just shook it off. I am just saying it is incredibly unlikely G :)[/quote']

I have a feeling that it is going to be over quick. Just a feeling.

Sig bet my friend? I say Machida will KO or TKO Rashad.

i will take that sig bet. not on who wins, but HOW is ends, hell yeah i'll take that.

i am going to take Machida by UD, but if it ends, i see Rashad scoring the KO. probably in the later rounds 3rd or 4th.

i will take that sig bet. not on who wins' date=' but HOW is ends, hell yeah i'll take that.

i am going to take Machida by UD, but if it ends, i see Rashad scoring the KO. probably in the later rounds 3rd or 4th.[/quote']

You are on my friend. He is about to face a striker like he never has IMO.

You are on my friend. He is about to face a striker like he never has IMO.

so all i do to win is hope that Machida doesnt Ko Rashad? lol i think u are either overrating Machidas power or underrating Rashads chin.

or both. on any case, we're on.

now where is AB to set u straight?

so all i do to win is hope that Machida doesnt Ko Rashad? lol i think u are either overrating Machidas power or underrating Rashads chin.

or both. on any case' date=' we're on.

now where is AB to set u straight?[/quote']

LOL bro. KO or TKO.

We shall see. And do not tell AB....lol

Didnt think Machida was gonna knock out Thiago Silva but it happened guess will have to wait and see

yeah but the difference is that Thiago Silva hadnt had his chin tested at the time.

yeah but the difference is that Thiago Silva hadnt had his chin tested at the time.

Thiago had his chin tested by a kick I believe, then battled back and won the fight. Machidas punches are pretty solid, especially when throwing all your weight into it and falling straight at your opponents chin that is unprepared.

Thiago had his chin tested by a kick I believe' date=' then battled back and won the fight. Machidas punches are pretty solid, especially when throwing all your weight into it and falling straight at your opponents chin that is unprepared.[/quote']

Mendes landed a solid headkick, but it didnt land on the chin. chin and head, there is a difference.

Mendes landed a solid headkick' date=' but it didnt land on the chin. chin and head, there is a difference.[/quote']

That I can agree with. You get kicked on the button, then the match is over. Unless of course you are BJ Penn... the only man whos chin is infinite and is impossible to completely KO at his weight.