Sign in to follow this  
Steph79

Matt Hamill

next time u think about commenting on Hamill, dont.

Hamill is terrible and gets WAY too much credit for beating nobodies. he KO'd someone who has fewer fights then him with no credible wins and no striking to see of. whoa, call the presses. Munoz thought that moving his head against the cage somehow block punches. he barely even covered up.

Hamill is probably the most OVERRATED fighter in EXISTENCE.

Hi! I am new here, but not new to the UFC. I too think Matt Hamill is not that great. He is a likeable guy, very likeable actually. He is at a disadvantage in every fight. BUT, he looks terribly slow to me. Don't flame me for saying so, it is a matter of opinion. However, that kick was impressive and unexpected. Congrats to Matt on a big win. I just do not ever see him making it to far in this weight class. This class is STACKED.

I never said I was a fan of Hamill, just thought it was a pretty decent finish to the fight on Saturday.

No need for the attitude Storm, just pointing something out.

As I say, Matt Hamill ain't someone I like that much, the KO was spot on...... end of.

I'd like him a lot more if he didn't just plod forward with his hands down. We saw what happened when he did that against a real striker in Franklin. If he continues to do it, he's going to end up like Munoz, at the end of a vicious kick or punch that will put the lights out.

He's obviously improved his skills in some areas, but he's got a long ways to go before I think he'll be successful against ranked competition.

Matt hamill is decent but thats all he hasnt beat the best yet. Hes a block head kinda like forest griffin he will get beat up but still come at ya, he has heart but that will get you only so far

Matt hamill is decent but thats all he hasnt beat the best yet. Hes a block head kinda like forest griffin he will get beat up but still come at ya' date=' he has heart but that will get you only so far[/quote']

It got Gorrest the LHW title. Thats pretty far I would say. If it was anyone but Forrest fighting Page and it was the same fight. Page wouldve won. But the judges like Forrest and his heart. Anyone else wouldve lost

hamill annoys me... all that over excitedness in the ring... all of those wack fans of his, the ohio state song that he walked out to, he just annoys me, i was very happy when they gave him a great fighter like franklin, they need to do that again.

hamill annoys me... all that over excitedness in the ring... all of those wack fans of his' date=' the ohio state song that he walked out to, he just annoys me, i was very happy when they gave him a great fighter like franklin, they need to do that again.[/quote']

I agree. I live in Ohio and really dont like the guy. BUT. He has a big success story so its kinda hard to get rid of him. Annoying, yes. Needs to fight real fighters, yes. Will he, no. lol

hamill annoys me... all that over excitedness in the ring... all of those wack fans of his' date=' the ohio state song that he walked out to, he just annoys me, i was very happy when they gave him a great fighter like franklin, they need to do that again.[/quote']

You're just jealous, GH ;) You want to be Matt Hamill, go ahead, admit it, you're among friends that won't copy-n-paste it to every board on the net ;)

next time u think about commenting on Hamill' date=' dont.

Hamill is terrible and gets WAY too much credit for beating nobodies. he KO'd someone who has fewer fights then him with no credible wins and no striking to see of. whoa, call the presses. Munoz thought that moving his head against the cage somehow block punches. he barely even covered up.

Hamill is probably the most OVERRATED fighter in EXISTENCE.[/quote']

You cant deny the kicks execution you blubbering fool made more impressive by the fact it was executed by a fighter not known for his striking ability.

Not a big fan of the UFC's very own waterboy but it was a decent kick, but if you've never thrown one you'd never know.

lol ufc's waterboy!!

haha GMan im not jealous of matt hamill... i think its really cute when he eats sammiches but definately not jealous.

I'm considering going to the next Hamill fight dressed in a worn/ripped check shirt, denims and a truckers cap just to shout "You can do eeeet" for the entire duration of his fight.

But then again it would probably fall on deaf ears................................

Not to be a ****, but has not evolved at all. Not to mention, I think he'll always be an undercard. Some guys will always be undercards.

Hamill needs to: work on his MT. He is basically a robot that walks after you over and over. He will pay with his head if he keeps such silly things up.

His BJJ... nearly non existent. He needs to actually practice this.

His Clinch... since he has no MT abilities, and from what it seems, no Judo, or Greco Roman (if he does have it it doesnt show very well). Otherwise, if you take all that and throw it out the window, he is AWESOME!

It seems that Matt Hamill was truly "The Phillipino Wrecking Machine". Perhaps they should change nicknames?

Poor fella will probably forever be known as Mark 'The Phillipino Wreck' Munoz, from now on.

lol ufc's waterboy!!

haha GMan im not jealous of matt hamill... i think its really cute when he eats sammiches but definately not jealous.

Now that's priceless. cheers :)

It seems that Matt Hamill was truly "The Phillipino Wrecking Machine". Perhaps they should change nicknames?

Poor fella will probably forever be known as Mark 'The Phillipino Wreck' Munoz' date=' from now on.[/quote']

that is just plain retarded

I'm considering going to the next Hamill fight dressed in a worn/ripped check shirt' date=' denims and a truckers cap just to shout "You can do eeeet" for the entire duration of his fight.

[b']But then again it would probably fall on deaf ears................................[/[/b]QUOTE]

Bravo sir. Bravo! lol

The Water Boy humor was kind of funny...not that original, but a little bit funny. I can take a joke, and I don't like political correctness. Still, I wonder if the keyboard warriors cracking jokes at Matt's expense would be willing to tell them to his face and then step into the cage with him for a round or three. I agree that Matt's UFC cred will improve after defeating better competition, but I seriously doubt that you're it. Matt is a crowd favorite and he enjoys it. He is a decent guy that is using his celebrity status to give back to his community. Who are you to bad mouth him for celebrating and enjoying what he's accomplished? You would do the same if you had 18,000 people cheering for you. After all, instead of overcoming a disability and working hard to become a professional athlete, he could have chosen to stay home living off disability checks and talking smack on the Internet all day.

I also dont really like him much as a fighter. They need to start giving him some better fighters...doesnt have to be like franklin's level...but should definitely be higher than a newcomer...comon now. I picked Munoz over Hamill cause I thought Munoz would catch Hamill when he always walks forward like that...but it seemed like Munoz was afraid to throw more than 1 punch that night. I saw Munoz's previous fights, he was able to throwing a few nice combos.

Who does matt train with at the moment?

Matt is training with Duff Holmes and has been spending a lot of time at Renzo Gracie`s gym working with Bruno Tostes.

mat "the water boy" hamill, is definately funny. And until he becomes more well rounded, & less one dimensional, hes going to be the subject of criticism. I think he's a powerful fighter who does have good heart, but it takes more than that to be top calibre!

if no one's mentioned yet; a movie is being made about hamill. it should be interesting seeing his early years, learning to speak and ****. hopefully they keep it legit and show his diet of PB&J sandwhiches = )

if no one's mentioned yet; a movie is being made about hamill. it should be interesting seeing his early years' date=' learning to speak and ****. hopefully they keep it legit and show his diet of PB&J sandwhiches = )[/quote']

I thought the movie came out ages ago, starring Adam Sandler.....?

The Water Boy humor was kind of funny...not that original' date=' but a little bit funny. I can take a joke, and I don't like political correctness. Still, I wonder if the keyboard warriors cracking jokes at Matt's expense would be willing to tell them to his face and then step into the cage with him for a round or three. I agree that Matt's UFC cred will improve after defeating better competition, but I seriously doubt that you're it. Matt is a crowd favorite and he enjoys it. He is a decent guy that is using his celebrity status to give back to his community. Who are you to bad mouth him for celebrating and enjoying what he's accomplished? You would do the same if you had 18,000 people cheering for you. After all, instead of overcoming a disability and working hard to become a professional athlete, he could have chosen to stay home living off disability checks and talking smack on the Internet all day.[/quote']

Lighten up for ***** sake, I dont think anyone has said anything derogatory about his character. If people like him as a fighter they like him as a fighter if people dont hey ho life goes on. For someone claiming not to be part of the PC brigade your doing a terrible job proving it. :rolleyes:

Matt is training with Duff Holmes and has been spending a lot of time at Renzo Gracie`s gym working with Bruno Tostes.

He's training with a dude named after a fake beer?

Hmmn that doesn't bode well.

criticizing his fighting skills is one thing, but poking fun at how he speaks is just flat out ignorant and uncalled for. but hey im sure everyone here does not know anyone that is disabled or anything and would welcome people to make fun at their family and friends that may have disabilities as well.

those people that are making fun( meaningless or not) at how Matt speaks deserves the idiot of the week crown.

sorry chongo these guys that just posted in this thread just beat you for the coveted award.

Lighten up for ***** sake' date=' I dont think anyone has said anything derogatory about his character. If people like him as a fighter they like him as a fighter if people dont hey ho life goes on. For someone claiming not to be part of the PC brigade your doing a terrible job proving it. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Who cares about PC. There's just no class in this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It just a shame in this case.

Who cares about PC. There's just no class in this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It just a shame in this case.

I have not been shocked or indeed offended by anything that has been said on this thread, maybe i'm just not that easily offended though.

Hope Hamill is more like me and less like the PC brigade hijacking the thread.

Like i said originally great kick, well done Mark not my favourite fighter but eveyone is entitled to an opinion, or maybe not as this thread is suggesting.:rolleyes:

For anyone who thinks laughing and joking about things is a bad way to live, check out Josh Blue, the cerebral paulsy guy who won Last Comic Standing a few years ago.

This guy is a shining light of an example about laughing in the face of adversity. Doesn't take himself seriously, pokes fun at his own condition, and does it because he knows that in life, more often than not if you dont laugh you will just end up crying.

He is one of my favourite dudes in the planet. Rock on Josh.

For anyone who thinks laughing and joking about things is a bad way to live' date=' check out Josh Blue, the cerebral paulsy guy who won Last Comic Standing a few years ago.

This guy is a shining light of an example about laughing in the face of adversity. Doesn't take himself seriously, pokes fun at his own condition, and does it because he knows that in life, more often than not if you dont laugh you will just end up crying.

He is one of my favourite dudes in the planet. Rock on Josh.[/quote']

Exactly BFB, the offended crowd wont know how to take him at all, he is a funny guy.

Exactly BFB' date=' the offended crowd wont know how to take him at all, he is a funny guy.[/quote']

He has me in absolute stitches! I remember the first time I saw him was just a clip, and I didnt know he had C.P., and I was a bit like "oh no, this guy is going to get murdered!". Then when I realised he wasnt messing around, I just had so much admiration for the guy.

You should try and get the clip of when another c.p. guy comes on stage with him, and they go to high five each other. Pure gold dust!

He has me in absolute stitches! I remember the first time I saw him was just a clip' date=' and I didnt know he had C.P., and I was a bit like "oh no, this guy is going to get murdered!". Then when I realised he wasnt messing around, I just had so much admiration for the guy.

You should try and get the clip of when another c.p. guy comes on stage with him, and they go to high five each other. Pure gold dust![/quote']

I have much more admiration and respect for these type of people who say hey ho life goes on and just get on with it, worth mentioning that this is exactly what Hamill appears to be doing also and fair play to him for it, I have absolutley no doubt he would be among the first to cringe and distance himself from the white knight crowd who are sticking up for poor old Mark Hamill, funnily enough this i would find far more offensive if i were in Hamills shoes.

All aboard the offended bus!!!!!!!!!!

he may not have any wins over big name fighters but lets face it he battered michael bisping. i don't know what fight the judges where watching, in my view he won all three rounds and the first round was close to being a ten eight round.

he is one of the best wrestlers in the UFC imo and he has knock out power in both hands. i think he should start using his wrestling more, hes to inclined to stand trading sloppy punch's with people when he's capable of picking them up and putting them down on their head. he is has the potential to be a ground and pound demon, whether he will or not remains to be seen.

im glad bisping beat him.

do you actualy think he deserved the win though, if you do then you must have been watching a different fight than i was. after fights like that i always want to sit down with the judges and watch the fight back and ask them how they came to their assinine decision.

do you actualy think he deserved the win though' date=' if you do then you must have been watching a different fight than i was. after fights like that i always want to sit down with the judges and watch the fight back and ask them how they came to their assinine decision.[/quote']

In that case why dont you look on the internet. They have all said what they saw.

The ref even said he thought Bisping won the fight.

Research before rant is a good philosophy my friend.

In that case why dont you look on the internet. They have all said what they saw.

The ref even said he thought Bisping won the fight.

Research before rant is a good philosophy my friend.

You should have written the bible... If only people would try something like research out before they posted it would make them look much better.

I have much more admiration and respect for these type of people who say hey ho life goes on and just get on with it' date=' worth mentioning that this is exactly what Hamill appears to be doing also and fair play to him for it, I have absolutley no doubt he would be among the first to cringe and distance himself from the white knight crowd who are sticking up for poor old Mark Hamill, funnily enough this i would find far more offensive if i were in Hamills shoes.

All aboard the offended bus!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

I understand your point of view. Dont you think the source matters though? It's one thing for Matt Hamill to make fun of himself and another for people to mock how he speaks. If Matt Hamill can take it and say hey ho life goes on, then more power to him. That reaction doesn't give the people mocking him class.