Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Fight Night Picks Contest

Well it seems like you all like these contests and seeing as though the UFC only helps out for N. America PPV's, the good people at Kitsura have helped out again and will give the winner a shirt of their choice (excluding Team G-row)

So this will work just like the last one:

You must be a member of this forum to play, everyone gets one entry, you must send me the winner of each fight as well as the round they will win as well as what fighters will win Fight of the Night. Picks must be in to my e-mail by Tuesday night, midnight March 31, 2009.

email me at brewster.ufc@gmail.com

I will first total the total amount of fights picked correct, if we have a clear winner just on fight picks, I will look no further, if we have a tie, I will then look at rounds correct, if we still have a tie, I will go to the bonus pick of fight of the night. If we still have a tie, I will assign each person a number and have a random number generator pick a number to get our winner.

REMEMBER: include your screen name in your e-mail so I know who you are!!!

Here is the card:

* Carlos Condit vs. Martin Kampmann

* Ryan Bader vs. Carmelo Marrero

* Rafael dos Anjos vs. Tyson Griffin

* Junie Browning vs. Cole Miller

* Jeremy Stephens vs. Gleison Tibau

* Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Horwich

* Brock Larson vs. Jesse Sanders

* Nick Catone vs. Tim Credeur

* Nissen Osterneck vs. Jorge Rivera

* Rob Kimmons vs. Joe Vedepo

* Tim McKenzie vs. Aaron Simpson

* Ryan Jensen vs. Steve Steinbeiss

Good luck!!!

REMEMBER: include your screen name in your e-mail so I know who you are!!!

Thanks Brew for setting this up again...

dang Storm...you dont waste any time.

just bored, so i thought i would do it. plus work is going to be CRAZY these next few weeks, so i wanted to make sure that i didnt forget.

I have a good feeling about this one. I tend to do better with lesser known fighters.

Just looking for the perfect man, doesn't have to be fit, My avatar is me, what you see is what you get, big ups if you bring a couple pounds of chicken wings and potato wedges on our first date, you can bring more food as our dates progress..................................................................uuummmm, is this a joke and I'm having a blonde moment or....never mind I think I should keep my thoughts to myself on this.

Just looking for the perfect man' date=' doesn't have to be fit, My avatar is me, what you see is what you get, big ups if you bring a couple pounds of chicken wings and potato wedges on our first date, you can bring more food as our dates progress..................................................................uuummmm, is this a joke and I'm having a blonde moment or....never mind I think I should keep my thoughts to myself on this.[/quote']

It is no joke, he came on to me a while ago.

I am waiting till Monday to put in my picks...thats when I have some time at work. I am sure alot of ppl are waiting until the date is closer.

Only 6 people playing so far.

If we don't get more people playing this will be the last Picks Contest other than our regular N. American based PPV's.

Im going to send mine in later... You know me, I am a last two days kind of guy.

i haven't even looked at my fantasy sheets in weeks as theirs been so long between events, i'll start on this now. but for the sake of this and the UFC fantasy competitions i would like to know. does a guiletine count as a sub/choke or sub/other.

Only 6 people playing so far.

If we don't get more people playing this will be the last Picks Contest other than our regular N. American based PPV's.

I'll get mine in before the deadline as well Brew.

i haven't even looked at my fantasy sheets in weeks as theirs been so long between events' date=' i'll start on this now. but for the sake of this and the UFC fantasy competitions i would like to know. does a guiletine count as a sub/choke or sub/other.[/quote']

I believe it is a choke. It is called a guillotine chokehold, and military guillotine choke.

Go ahead' date=' he is single and you are single, it seems like you 2 already have a connection anyways.[/quote']

Ouch.....that's a low blow............Pun intended....LOL

Man, I can't wait for Wednesday!!!! Fight Night and then Ultimate Fighter after that.........ooohhh how my wife is going to hate me Wednesday night. I'm going to be kicked back in the recliner for a while........"watching that fighting sh*t" as she would say..........LOL C'mon Wednesday...hurry up!

Man' date=' I can't wait for Wednesday!!!! Fight Night and then Ultimate Fighter after that.........ooohhh how my wife is going to hate me Wednesday night. I'm going to be kicked back in the recliner for a while........"watching that fighting sh*t" as she would say..........LOL C'mon Wednesday...hurry up![/quote']

I can't wait for Wednsday, because that is halfway through the week, god I hate working.

Looks like you won't have the avatar/ sig for much longer.

I don't know, it's starting to rub off on me, I'm thinking of keeping it as my handle, you know so whenever I post, people will be like, "oh, it's the big fat gay white dude, he must know what he's talking about"

Its okay guys. I asked Dana to tell me who the winners are' date=' so even if you do put your picks in late I will still win ;)[/quote']

No problem. I went one better and asked Brewster.

No problem. I went one better and asked Brewster.

:eek: You cant do that! its cheating! Ill get you for this 200! if it is the last thing I do Mwahahahahahahahahah 'cough cough', age is catching up to me ;) lol

5 out 6 so far' date=' not too bad. How's everyone else doing?

UPDATE

6 out 7![/quote']

I have got all but Junie right. And my FOTN was the Griffen fight.

UFC? Fight Night? Condit vs Kampmann

Bout / Your Choice Method Round Minute

MAIN EVENT

Carlos Condit v. Martin Kampmann

Winner: Carlos Condit Submission (Choke) 3 3

Junie Browning v. Cole Miller

Winner: Junie Browning Submission (Choke) 2 4

Tim McKenzie v. Aaron Simpson

Winner: Aaron Simpson Technical Knock Out 1 4

Ryan Bader v. Carmelo Marrero

Winner: Ryan Bader Unanimous Decision 3 5

Tyson Griffin v. Rafael Dos Anjos

Winner: Tyson Griffin Unanimous Decision 3 5

Jorge Rivera v. Nissen Osterneck

Winner: Jorge Rivera Technical Knock Out 1 4

Ricardo Almeida v. Matt Horwich

Winner: Ricardo Almeida Submission (Choke) 2 2

Rob Kimmons v. Joe Vedepo

Winner: Rob Kimmons Submission (Choke) 3 1

Brock Larson v. Jesse Sanders

Winner: Brock Larson Submission (Arm Lock) 1 4

Gleison Tibau v. Jeremy Stephens

Winner: Gleison Tibau Submission (Choke) 1 4

Tim Credeur v. Nick Catone

Winner: Tim Credeur Technical Knock Out 2 2

Kampmann/Condit was a good decision IMO. Kampmann had most of the takedowns and SUB attempts. Condit was controlling the stand up more, but Kampmann was controlling him by taking him down a lot. Kampmann dominated the 3rd round though.

Just want to note that Cecil Peoples decision was for Condit... that is all

Well' date=' that just screwed my picks. Martin won the last round, but that is it, I think. No way. I think it was a bad decision.[/quote']

i had it 30-27 Kampmann.

Storm did you use the same picks for this contest as you did on your fantasy?

lol .... maybe.

i honestly dont remember. i hope i did. did u? if so then it might come down to us two lol.

Kampmann/Condit was a good decision IMO. Kampmann had most of the takedowns and SUB attempts. Condit was controlling the stand up more' date=' but Kampmann was controlling him by taking him down a lot. Kampmann dominated the 3rd round though.

Just want to note that Cecil Peoples decision was for Condit... that is all[/quote']

Cecil is a genius.