Sign in to follow this  
The_Q

Who would Fedor have to beat in the UFC for you to consider him the best HW?

that is, if you don't already.

For me to consider him the best HW in the world, I would say:

Couture

Mir

Lesnar

i would like to see him fight Machida at a catch weight as well- i think he would give him fits.

also, outside the UFC, i think he needs to beat Barnett....and a rematch with Arlovski where Andre doesn't drop his hands and attempt a stupid flying knee when he's already dominating.

i don't think there is time in his career to fight all these guys (even if he wanted to and deals could be worked out)....but if he fought at least 3-4 of them, I would be satisfied with calling him the the Best HW in the world and the best to ever live.

because he could never fight Anderson Silva or GSP...i don't know if could ever call him the PFP best ever, though.

what say you?

There's a good amount of HW in the UFC. Umm personally besides the three you named, I don't think anyone can really beat Fedor. Give Shane Carwin a year or so and he'll be a force, considering the knock out of Gonzaga. Or maybe Cheick Kongo could put up a good fight. I'm kind of diverting from the original post, now I'm just naming decent fights. Bottom line Fedor can be beaten, but by now I think he has the intimidation factor. Beating everyone he has even former UFC fighters, it's a nice hefty task for anyone in MMA.

He is the best HW in the world easily right now. There is no other to compare him with. Also, Barnett is more then likely next, and that is the only real challenge at this point. Mir is horribly overrated and wouldnt last a minute with Fedor. Brock doesnt have the skills yet to even come near him. Couture is a joke, and would get man handled by Fedor. The UFCs talent roster would get raped badly by Fedor at this point.

He could fight Anderson Silva if he wanted to. He is a small HW and could definitely fight around Silva's weight if he wanted to. But Silva would more then likely get trounced ;)

i heard Atencio say that if Affliction3 was on PPV it would be Fedor/Barnett, but if it is on cable then it wont be... and it looks like it is going to be on cable.

i say Fedor is the #1 HW, BUT if i had to choose a UFC fighter, i would choose Lesnar. i dont feel Lesnar has nearly enough experience to beat him, but he does have more or better qualities imo then Couture or Mir could offer at beating him.

^^ i agree' date=' lesnar would have the best chance becuz of his size and power.[/quote']

I agree as well. Lesnar would have all the main attributes, but his skills are very poor in comparison with Terminator.. I mean Fedor.

If Lesnar/Fedor did happen, the only way Lesnar could beat him IMO is by KO (LOL isnt that hilarious to hear) because if the fight went to the ground and Fedor was still fine and not hurt, then Lesnar is getting Armbarred, or Kimurad, or swept, or something. If Lesnar was put on his back at any moment then the fight is over instantly. It doesnt matter how big and strong you are with Fedor on top of you.

I'd love to see an Arlovski rematch.

But, Lesnar, and Couture from a few years ago. I don't think that Couture's jaw is what it used to be.

I'd also like to see a Gonzaga match...sure Gonzaga just got dropped, but he's a unique talent that could be just the matchup...very powerful, great on the ground, size advantage...ir it could be just another day in the ring...

that is' date=' if you don't already.

For me to consider him the best HW in the world, I would say:

Couture

Mir

Lesnar

i would like to see him fight Machida at a catch weight as well- i think he would give him fits.

also, outside the UFC, i think he needs to beat Barnett....and a rematch with Arlovski where Andre doesn't drop his hands and attempt a stupid flying knee when he's already dominating.

i don't think there is time in his career to fight all these guys (even if he wanted to and deals could be worked out)....but if he fought at least 3-4 of them, I would be satisfied with calling him the the Best HW in the world and the best to ever live.

because he could never fight Anderson Silva or GSP...i don't know if could ever call him the PFP best ever, though.

what say you?[/quote']

Whoever the champion is at that time.

Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world. Any sane ranking system would rank him as such. He's beaten a list of guys that looks like most guy's career fight roster.

I think in the UFC, running 2-3 fights a year, fedor would probably lose sooner or later, but he'd be one of those guys who skims in and out of title ownership for years until he goes over the hill. There is no other heavyweight in the world who could beat every guy fedor has beaten.

I think Fedor Gonzaga, Fedor Brock, and Fedor Carwin would be great matches. I don't see Mir getting in grapple range of Fedor if they were to fight, and he's CERTAINLY not going to best Fedor in striking. Even in grapple range, I'm not sure Mir is better than Fedor. I think a guy like Brock could take Fedor using the same formula GSP used to beat BJ. Take him down, keep him corralled and muzzled, and then just grind out a long ground and pound. Easier said than done, but that's his weakness IMO.

Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world. Any sane ranking system would rank him as such. He's beaten a list of guys that looks like most guy's career fight roster.

I think in the UFC' date=' running 2-3 fights a year, fedor would probably lose sooner or later, but he'd be one of those guys who skims in and out of title ownership for years until he goes over the hill. There is no other heavyweight in the world who could beat every guy fedor has beaten.

I think Fedor Gonzaga, Fedor Brock, and Fedor Carwin would be great matches. I don't see Mir getting in grapple range of Fedor if they were to fight, and he's CERTAINLY not going to best Fedor in striking. Even in grapple range, I'm not sure Mir is better than Fedor. I think a guy like Brock could take Fedor using the same formula GSP used to beat BJ. Take him down, keep him corralled and muzzled, and then just grind out a long ground and pound. Easier said than done, but that's his weakness IMO.[/quote']

I agree with basically everything in this post. I do disagree though that Gonzaga would do much now, especially after being KOd so easily by Carwin. Fedor has sick power in his hands, and I think it would only take one or two of those to end a fight with him. Carwin and Lesnar though are good match ups because of their wrestling, but I dont know how long they could stay on top for. Even if they did stay on top, Fedor has the worlds craziest Armbar.

In order to beat Fedor you need Brock + AMAZING BJJ + Nogs Chin + AAs Hands + Infinite cardio for a HW = God Brock. God Brock is the only one that would be a good match up that could/would be able to beat him at this time. Barnett is near that combination when it comes to BJJ, and size.

i think if he beat lesnar there would be no arguement about him being the #1 HW

i honestly think lesnar could and prolly would beat him. lesnar doesnt have much MMA experience but has a great background in wrestling and i believe that will help his bjj-judo game. he doesnt have much striking experience but if he keeps working at it, his speed and strength will make up for that

I consider myself the resident "I hope Fedor loses" guy. With that said, he's the best HW in the world and has been for quite a while. Strangely enough, although I think Mir will beat Lesnar, I agree that Lesnar would have the best chance at beating Fedor. Not a good chance imo but a better chance than anyone else.

i think if he beat lesnar there would be no arguement about him being the #1 HW

i honestly think lesnar could and prolly would beat him. lesnar doesnt have much MMA experience but has a great background in wrestling and i believe that will help his bjj-judo game. he doesnt have much striking experience but if he keeps working at it' date=' his speed and strength will make up for that[/quote']

Lesnar MAY be able to beat him in the future, but as of right now Lesnar would be his *****.

Why Lesnar? Carwin is around the same size and has amazing speed and striking abilities and he is a solid wrestler just like Lesnar. Plus, Lesnar beat an old and undersized Couture, Carwin beat a young and powerful Gonzega.

Why Lesnar? Carwin is around the same size and has amazing speed and striking abilities and he is a solid wrestler just like Lesnar. Plus' date=' Lesnar beat an old and undersized Couture, Carwin beat a young and powerful Gonzega.[/quote']

And Couture beat the living **** out of Gonzaga when he was old and undersized..... what is your point

The only way to solve this question is have Carwin fight Lesnar. My guess is that will happend after Lesnar loses to Mir. But I dont know because the UFC seems to really baby Lesnar because he has yet to fight a fighter who is not a has been.

i think u guys dont completely think things out. i think u guys just want to see certain fights (which is understandable), but dont think about how it will/would effect the rest of the division and/or the marketing of that fighter(s).

In order to beat Fedor you need Brock + AMAZING BJJ + Nogs Chin + AAs Hands + Infinite cardio for a HW = God Brock. God Brock is the only one that would be a good match up that could/would be able to beat him at this time. Barnett is near that combination when it comes to BJJ' date=' and size[/b'].

Thought his conditioning seemed so-so in his last performance though. Rooting for a good fight between Fedor-Josh down the road.

I think to be honest, Fedor would walk through the full heavyweight division, Cotoure if past it, he's slow and tiring, Gonzaga would get over exited and dive in, Fedor's ground game is excellent, regardless of Gonzaga's jui jitsu, Lesnar again would be over exited, he is vulnerable however he is dominant becuase of his size, Fedor is an expert at overcoming bigger opponents, i agree with 'iwishiwasMMA', as Mir being horribly over rated, he is, he wouldnt stand a chance against Fedor. Fedor is number one and everyone knows it, GSP,Wanderlei, Randy have all said that Fedor is #1, he is hated on because he is so good, i cant see anyone in the UFC beating him.

Thought his conditioning seemed so-so in his last performance though. Rooting for a good fight between Fedor-Josh down the road.

LOL that is why I said CLOSE to that or NEAR that level. Barnetts Cardio is up and down' date=' and his stand up his only okay. He is very strong though, and has good takedowns, and BJJ. So he could possibly prevent the SUB of Fedor and maybe a combination of LNPRAY FOR YOU ****ING LIFE and a punch here and there... could win him the match. I hope Barnett wins just so I can see them both get off their high horse and come to the UFC... or both go to Dream and start a HW division there after Affliction kicks the bucket.

I think to be honest, Fedor would walk through the full heavyweight division, Cotoure if past it, he's slow and tiring, Gonzaga would get over exited and dive in, Fedor's ground game is excellent, regardless of Gonzaga's jui jitsu, Lesnar again would be over exited, he is vulnerable however he is dominant becuase of his size, Fedor is an expert at overcoming bigger opponents, i agree with 'iwishiwasMMA', as Mir being horribly over rated, he is, he wouldnt stand a chance against Fedor. Fedor is number one and everyone knows it, GSP,Wanderlei, Randy have all said that Fedor is #1, he is hated on because he is so good, i cant see anyone in the UFC beating him.

There are SOO MANY FIGHTERS that agree that Fedor is the best. Shogun said it too... to be honest the list is really really long. They also all said he is almost like inhuman or near those words. Fedor is Jesus Christ of the HW division... of THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is NO ONE in the UFC that can BEAT HIM right NOW. I cannot express this enough... He has beaten all top guys... and usually finishing them. The guys who left the UFC were the ONLY THINGS THE UFC HAD FOR A HW DIVISION. Nog beat Sylvia and that was the end... Those guys could have stayed though if they wanted too...

In short I agree with your post and added some of my own comments lol

couple of comments

Randy was beating Lesnar until he got hit by a longer (not stronger, bigger, or more powerful) punch than he is used to, while hiding in a back stance/ bob that he never gets hit in. He misjudged the length of Lesnars arm for the loss.

Fairly recently, he took the Gonzaga high kick that made CroCop fall crooked on his leg right on the jaw...and kept going.

Fedor is easily the best hvy wt right now, but its a good question. I would like to see him fight Randy, Mir, and Lesnar.

i didnt have Randy winning that fight and i just got done watching the event again.

If you are talking about the Lesnar fight, it is probably because he was not winning the fight at all. He was being taken down, he was getting power punched, and eating some delicious knees. Yeah I think it is hard to say Couture was winning. Oh, does anyone remember the elbow that Lesnar threw? That also connected and did some awesome damage.

In the end though, Mir is an easy match up on paper for Fedor, and its even worse when it gets to the ring.

Brock is not good enough yet sadly..

Carwin may have the power, but is slower then Fedor, and if Carwin thought GG hit hard then he would easily be KOd by Fedor. Fedor would also finish Carwin if Carwin was on his back. Fedors power is much higher then it looks.

Couture is a pointless match for Fedor unless you want to see blood. Seriously... there is no point to this match. Fedor is better at every aspect of the game except maybe wrestling, and that is questionable because Fedor has judo and wrestling.

for me he needs to stop fighting people past their primes and taking part in circus acts... Fedor has not faught a legit contender in 4 years with excpetion to Andre and Andre was beating him till that punch

for me he needs to stop fighting people past their primes and taking part in circus acts... Fedor has not faught a legit contender in 4 years with excpetion to Andre and Andre was beating him till that punch

Yeah Fedor never fights people that are good... oh wait... thats a lie.

Andrei was beaten twice by Silvia, does that mean Andrei was not actually a contender?

Wait... thinking about this now... who is the best in the world in your eyes?

and How do you justify winning for 3 minutes as beating a guy when there was still 4 rounds left after that? Fedor could have beaten him 7 times in that time if you want to talk the way you are.

In about a month and half that avatar is gonna need to have "14-1" put on it!

And as for the Fedor question:

To be answered at UFC 103 - at the Cow Palace!

I'll say no more until the appropriate time.

... You mean 14 + 1... Its okay, a lot of people make mistakes with math. but that equals 15 - 0 with a belt around his waist :)