Sign in to follow this  
TAnderson01

Bj Penn Lightweight Camp

Does anyone know when BJ is going to defend his lightweight title. He beat Sherk at 84 and hasn't fought at lightweight since. He may be setting a record for the longest time without defending a title without there being an interim champ.

101 hes supped to fight Kenny... IMO he will do something to postpone it vause he doesn't want another fight he might lose

Then I would say it is a good thing that he is fighting Kflo. Talk about over rated??

Penn is going to hurt Kenny.

Then I would say it is a good thing that he is fighting Kflo. Talk about over rated??

Penn is going to hurt Kenny.

nah i think BJ is gonna lose... simply because he will not train like he is supposed to and will gas, like he always does...

nah i think BJ is gonna lose... simply because he will not train like he is supposed to and will gas' date=' like he always does...[/quote']

When was the last time you saw him gas at 155? This is not GSP he is fighting, not even close. I will admit that his training is not sufficient enough to compete with GSP, but Kflo?

I think Penn is talented enough to come off the couch and beat him. lol

When was the last time you saw him gas at 155? This is not GSP he is fighting' date=' not even close. I will admit that his training is not sufficient enough to compete with GSP, but Kflo?

I think Penn is talented enough to come off the couch and beat him. lol[/quote']

he has gased in every fight thats gone half way though the second round regardless of weight

When was the last time you saw him gas at 155? This is not GSP he is fighting' date=' not even close. I will admit that his training is not sufficient enough to compete with GSP, but Kflo?

I think Penn is talented enough to come off the couch and beat him. lol[/quote']

I agree, but plenty of others dont. Those are the ones who'll owe me money (lol)

he has gased in every fight thats gone half way though the second round regardless of weight

So he was "gassed" in the Sean Sherk fight?

Am pretty sure it was the third round when he beat him. And that was his last fight at 155.

And I will not even say he "gassed" against GSP. Not too many people would have lasted as long as he did taking that kind of a beating. I think it is unfair to say he "gassed" in that fight. Got beat down, yes.

This may be mostly true but that's because nobody in lightweight makes it past the second round with BJ except Sherk. Kenny Florian made it to the big show once. Then he got dominated for 5 rounds by Sherk. Now dont get me wrong Florian put on a hell of a spree winning 6 in a row with two decent wins over good competitors in Lauzon and Joe Stevenson. In which out of all 6 none of them are on Penns level. Florian is getting great training from Tri Star and GSP, and I'm sure they will draw up a great plan for this fight. BUT, Kenny isn't GSP. Hes not as athletic nor is he as dynamic or powerful. Kenny is about to have to face a angry (hopefully) determined and refocused Penn. That will be bad news for Kenflo.

This may be mostly true but that's because nobody in lightweight makes it past the second round with BJ except Sherk. Kenny Florian made it to the big show once. Then he got dominated for 5 rounds by Sherk. Now dont get me wrong Florian put on a hell of a spree winning 6 in a row with two decent wins over good competitors in Lauzon and Joe Stevenson. In which out of all 6 none of them are on Penns level. Florian is getting great training from Tri Star and GSP' date=' and I'm sure they will draw up a great plan for this fight. BUT, Kenny isn't GSP. Hes not as athletic nor is he as dynamic or powerful. Kenny is about to have to face a angry (hopefully) determined and refocused Penn. That will be bad news for Kenflo.[/quote']

Exactly. BJ Penn needs a good win to get him back on track. GSP is one thing, the guy is a freak of nature. But I Don't think K-Flo matchs up to well with Penn. Someone said earlier that Kflo hasn't fought anyone one Penns Level, and I agree with that 100%. I've been saying this is the fourms for a while now " I think we'll see the BJ Penn of old, the loses to GSP will wake him up and he'll address the porblems in his training" Another thing is BJ switches weight classes to fight GOOD fighters. How many people cut weight to fight BJ at his weight? Not many, so think about that before you throw Penn under the bus!

Its all up to Penn what happens.

The camp change will definitely improve Kenflos skills, but I agree with this statement. BJ Penn is the emperor of 155. He is a monster, he is the full meal deal, and he can beat anyone at 155. Of course there are guys that can beat him, but they are not nearly as complete of a fighter.

If BJ shows up, motivated because he lost, angry because of what is happening, and decides that someone is going to die that night, BJ is going to either finish Kenflo, or win a split decision (A split win for BJ is a big deal). If he doesnt show up in good form, Kenflo is going to with a Split decision because of his control and all around skill to hold BJ off for the first two and a half rounds.

penn will KO Kflo in second round' date=' don't worry about him gassing[/quote']

I got him in the second as well. The only reason I will say TKO is because Penn will want to hurt him.

I agree with whomever said it will be up to Penn if he wins this fight. For all intent and purposed, Penn should be able to whoop some @ss. If he come angry and violent, no way kenny wins. But, if his loss affected his mentality and he is still focused on "grease" he will be up against a very determined florian with a pissed off backup camp that wants nothing more than to beat bj again.

All that said if Penn come with a fighters mindset I got him winning late 3rd, by tko. I'm with g_row, he will want to dish out some punishment to save face.

Ya know i could see Kenny frustrating BJ and possibly taking it...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT i wouldn't bank on it, so BJ by submission after tooling the guy on the feet.

I think a lot of people are counting BJ out after his performance against GSP, but I think he will look like the BJ we saw fight Sherk and Stevenson. 170 is just not his weight and can no longer hang with the new era of WWs.

I would like to see Florian win, but I think BJ will show everyone again why he's the LW champ (and hopefully stay there) again and retain the belt.