Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Overeem out Arlovski in

I guess we all agree Rogers has no chance right?

Brett Rogers has shown that he has power, but he has nothing to offer Arlovski, the only way that Rogers could win is if he caught Arlovski which I don't see happening.

Brett Rogers has shown that he has power' date=' but he has nothing to offer Arlovski, the only way that Rogers could win is if he caught Arlovski which I don't see happening.[/quote']

Agreed, Overeem was gonna tool him too IMO.

Poor guy got screwed twice

Agreed' date=' Overeem was gonna tool him too IMO.

Poor guy got screwed twice[/quote']

Overeem most likely would have tooled him, but there is also the possibility that he would have kicked/kneed rogers in the nuts 43 times and the match would have been ruled a no contest.

Overeem most likely would have tooled him' date=' but there is also the possibility that he would have kicked/kneed rogers in the nuts 43 times and the match would have been ruled a no contest.[/quote']

Yeah, that a very good point.........that I laughed at BTW :P

I LOL at the fact that Strike force AND Affliction will now have better HW divisions then the UFC :D

It is pretty sad huh, hopefully that will change when Affliction shuts down and the UFC can get ahold of some of those fighters

Heres how I see it

UFC : Rank

Lesnar 4

Mir 3

Couture 5

Noguero 6

Carwin 8

Velasquez 13

Gonzaga 11

Herring 14

M1 Global:

Fedor 1

Arlovski 2

Barnett 7

Overeem 9

Sylvia 10

Buentello 12

Rodgers 15

Am I missing anyone? I see it as UFC has more overall quality

Heres how I see it

UFC : Rank

Lesnar 4 Are you serious

Mir 3 Lower

Couture 5 Lower

Noguero 6 Fifth

Carwin 8 Lower

Velasquez 13

Gonzaga 11

Herring 14

M1 Global:

Fedor 1

Arlovski 2

Barnett 7 4th

Overeem 9 6-7

Sylvia 10

Buentello 12

Rodgers 15 Lower

Am I missing anyone? I see it as UFC has more overall quality

Your rankings are pretty much off.

Why because I don't have 5000 posts? But really yours are off. Lets see them

Alright Heavyweight Division.

1. Fedor Emelienanko

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Josh Barnett

4 Big ***

5. Alistair Overeem

6. Randy Couture

7. Frank Mir

8. Brock Lesnar

9.Tim Sylvia

10.Shane Carwin

11.Paul Buentello

12.Cheick Kongo

13.Mirko Filipovic

14.Aleksander Emelienanko

15.Gabriel Gonzaga

The fight is "sponsored by Affliction" so I don't know if we can call Arlovski a Strikeforce fighter just yet. I've yet to see details on the deal but I'll pass on anything that I get.

1. Fedor Emelienanko

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Josh Barnett

4 Big ***

5. Alistair Overeem

6. Randy Couture

7. Frank Mir

8. Brock Lesnar

9.Tim Sylvia

10.Shane Carwin

11.Paul Buentello

12.Cheick Kongo

13.Mirko Filipovic

15.Gabriel Gonzaga

I bring this back up for the one guy

1. Fedor Emelienanko

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Josh Barnett

4 Big ***

5. Alistair Overeem

6. Randy Couture

7. Frank Mir

8. Brock Lesnar

9.Tim Sylvia

10.Shane Carwin

11.Paul Buentello

12.Cheick Kongo

13.Mirko Filipovic

15.Gabriel Gonzaga

I have to say that these rankings are closer to reality than the other guy's. I, personally, would run junior dos santos and cain velasquez out there in place of Kongo and Buentello but I like the high ranking of overeem on here. I might put Brock above randy now too, and probabaly put Mir above both of them until July 11, when he will exit the rankings permanently.

I have to say that these rankings are closer to reality than the other guy's. I' date=' personally, would run junior dos santos and cain velasquez out there in place of Kongo and Buentello but I like the high ranking of overeem on here. I might put Brock above randy now too, and probabaly put Mir above both of them until July 11, [b']when he will exit the rankings permanently[/b].

LOL agreed!!!

1. Fedor Emelienanko

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Josh Barnett

4 Big ***

5. Alistair Overeem

6. Randy Couture

7. Frank Mir

8. Brock Lesnar

9.Tim Sylvia

10.Shane Carwin

11.Paul Buentello

12.Cheick Kongo

13.Mirko Filipovic

15.Gabriel Gonzaga

My list would be...

1. Fedor

2. Barnett

3. AA

4. ***

5. Mir (because of recent horseshoes' date=' and four leaf clovers)

6. Overeem

7. Brock

8. Cro Cop

9. Couture

10. Either Carwin or Monson...

I have Cro Cop ahead of Couture mainly because Cro Cop has a much better W list. Having beaten Barnett 3 times (even though Barnett tapped due to injury the first fight) is one of the main reasons why.

Kharitonov Is probably a top 15. His recent loss was definitely a heartbreaker, but I could see him breaking into the top 15 again if he is not currently there. He should also think about cutting to 205, because he would be a beast at 205.

Jeff Monson recently has been tapping people like crazy, and Kharitonov is EASILY an excellent W. I would say Monson and Carwin would be near each other because of that.

Gonzaga... struggles up and down.

Kongo has never beaten someone that is a stand out.

Thats all I have right now that interests me.

LOL agreed!!!

I laughed at this...

The statement by DV, not you :D

1. Fedor Emelienanko

2. Andrei Arlovski

3. Josh Barnett 7

4 Big *** 6

5. Alistair Overeem 9

6. Randy Couture 5

7. Frank Mir 3

8. Brock Lesnar 4

9.Tim Sylvia

10.Shane Carwin

11.Paul Buentello

12.Cheick Kongo forgot him

13.Mirko Filipovic

14.Aleksander Emelienanko Ha Ha

15.Gabriel Gonzaga

To each his own I guess

I have to say that these rankings are closer to reality than the other guy's. I' date=' personally, would run junior dos santos and cain velasquez out there in place of Kongo and Buentello but I like the high ranking of overeem on here. I might put Brock above randy now too, and probabaly put Mir above both of them until July 11, when he will exit the rankings permanently.[/quote']

My rankings are more in line with Sherdog and MMAfighting.com but oh well. Overeem is barely a top ten heavyweight! His only win over a good heavy is Buentello, and the rest are in K-1. He can't beat the top light heavyweights, the class he should be fighting in, so he is going to try and win the Strikeforce title, which he will not. And if Mir does lose to Brock He will still be a top ten.

I am rooting for rogers...He left his job in real life to fight he has 4 kids and i feal he needs it more than arlovski or overeem.Besides i thought arlovski was afliction property how can he fight in elite xc?And i like the ranking SEEMS every1 knows fedor is the badest man on the planet.

Yeah' date=' hes like Klitchko in the Bowe fight!!!![/quote']

i think you meant andrew golota. u mma heads. damb i feel old. i used to watch golota as an up and comer on USA tuesday night fights as a teenager. he fought this heavy-set hawaiin guy once. the hawaiin landed 5-6 haymakers and golota was so rocked, -no joke, he bit into the guys neck. the guy was screaming. HUGE teeth marks after the round and still the ref let it continue. golota came back in next round and got the ko. that guy was a real savage...

and why is overeem out?? is it cause he found out with new testing it will show S T E R O I D S !!! lol

i like overeem, but he is unusually BBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG!!!!! haha

like BONDS BIG!!!

i think you meant andrew golota. u mma heads. damb i feel old. i used to watch golota as an up and comer on USA tuesday night fights as a teenager. he fought this heavy-set hawaiin guy once. the hawaiin landed 5-6 haymakers and golota was so rocked' date=' -no joke, he bit into the guys neck. the guy was screaming. HUGE teeth marks after the round and still the ref let it continue. golota came back in next round and got the ko. that guy was a real savage...

and why is overeem out?? is it cause he found out with new testing it will show S T E R O I D S !!! lol

i like overeem, but he is unusually BBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGG!!!!! haha

like BONDS BIG!!![/quote']

Yeah your right!! That was the Golota fight.......it was like 1000 years ago, give me a break. I have trouble remembering yesterday LOL

I guess I had the Klitchko fight with Lewis that got stopped because of the cut in my head. Its totally unrelated I know ;)

got to love the people who still rank Nοg over Mir when Mir just beat him down.....

i know some teѕticle tarzan will cry out some excuse but still Mir beat Nοg

got to love the people who still rank Nοg over Mir when Mir just beat him down.....

i know some teѕticle tarzan will cry out some excuse but still Mir beat Nοg

to a pulp

Would have NEVER happened if N0G was 100%......not nuthuggin' date=' just stating a FACT!![/quote']

sounds like a tarzan yell to me...

sounds like a tarzan yell to me...

I'm a huge N0G fan, your right. Actually he's my favorite HW to be totally honest. That doesn't change the fact that Mir was given a gift for that fight. If you can honestly say that Mir would have dominated N0G like he did if N0G was 100% then its you thats swinging from Mirs sac!

I'm a huge N0G fan' date=' your right. Actually he's my favorite HW to be totally honest. That doesn't change the fact that Mir was given a gift for that fight. If you can honestly say that Mir would have dominated N0G like he did if N0G was 100% then its you thats swinging from Mirs sac![/quote']

so much a fan you cannot even spell Nοg right... and honestly we don't know... Nοg has terrible stand up regardless if hes healthy or not and he was stopped on his feet

so much a fan you cannot even spell Nοg right... and honestly we don't know... Nοg has terrible stand up regardless if hes healthy or not and he was stopped on his feet

Ya, but other than the Fedor fight, when was the last time you saw N0G dominated like that? I know your a Mir guy but even you have to admitt N0G was no himself!

Ya' date=' but other than the Fedor fight, when was the last time you saw N0G dominated like that? I know your a Mir guy but even you have to admitt N0G was no himself![/quote']

he was sluggish but he was also sluggish in his last Herring and Syliva fights... Nοg is known for taking a beating an continuing... in both the Herring and Sylvia fights he was nearly stoped... hell in the Herring fight all Heath had to do was pop him with a hammer fist and the fight would of been stopped... Nοg is one of the best HWs ever but his battles have caught up to him

he was sluggish but he was also sluggish in his last Herring and Syliva fights... Nοg is known for taking a beating an continuing... in both the Herring and Sylvia fights he was nearly stoped... hell in the Herring fight all Heath had to do was pop him with a hammer fist and the fight would of been stopped... Nοg is one of the best HWs ever but his battles have caught up to him

I'd agree that his best days are behind him but he's still very good

I'd agree that his best days are behind him but he's still very good

and Mir is not as overraited as the Lesner and Nοg nut huggers want him to be... Mir was a champ before and came back from breaking the hardest bone in his body in 2 places... he came back a bit early and had a couple rough fights when he was not in shape... Mir is better then people make him out to be

Fat Mir (the Dan Cristianson fight i think)

330919kt.jpg

Mir when fighting Nоg

20081226090212_5774b.JPG

big differance in how in shape he was for the fights... people seem to think his first fights back after his injury were all he could do and forget all the good fights he had before it

mir was 100% ready for whatever *** had. no one can take the shots *** has taken and continue to have the same strong chin. look at chuck. fighters only get so many shots before they are spent. ***'s chin was already vulnerable. a ground game against mir would've been a tough fight for a healthy *** too. mir just did what he trained hard to do. expose ***'s weakness.

and i agree, most hater's don't want to acknowledge what mir did before his injury. frank mir is every bit as good as his haters wish he weren't.

mir was 100% ready for whatever *** had. no one can take the shots *** has taken and continue to have the same strong chin. look at chuck. fighters only get so many shots before they are spent. ***'s chin was already vulnerable. a ground game against mir would've been a tough fight for a healthy *** too. mir just did what he trained hard to do. expose ***'s weakness.

and i agree' date=' most hater's don't want to acknowledge what mir did before his injury. frank mir is every bit as good as his haters wish he weren't.[/quote']

I didn't say it wouldn't be possible that Mir couldn't have still won, I just don't seeing him dominate like he did if N0G was healthy. I hate Mir and I personally feel that he's overrated, but he is a good fighter and I can't take that away from him.

Nogs stand up > Mirs stand up.

Whether you believe this or not is fine. Mir has TERRIBLE stand up. *** has good boxing. This is obvious by looking at their technique.

And you cannot spell for ****.

and Mir is not as overraited as the Lesner and Nοg nut huggers want him to be... Mir was a champ before and came back from breaking the hardest bone in his body in 2 places... he came back a bit early and had a couple rough fights when he was not in shape... Mir is better then people make him out to be

Fat Mir (the Dan Cristianson fight i think)

Mir when fighting Nоg

big differance in how in shape he was for the fights... people seem to think his first fights back after his injury were all he could do and forget all the good fights he had before it

Mir was a champ of a terrible HW division. He beat a guy with zero ground game. He would have never defeated AA if he was champion' date=' now would he beat half of the other top HWs in the world. Barnett would **** on Mir, *** in a rematch will beat Mir handily, Fedor would laugh at Mir, Gonzaga wouldnt have to take the fight seriously, Kongo would just make him stand and pound him silly... Velasquez would kill Mir... I am done naming people to save Mir some face.

Mir had good fights before that? Yeah... he sure did. He also had some BAD fights before that. Vera killed Mir after he was healthy again... and Vera would smash him again... and again... and again... and then go home for supper... and then come back to the gym and do it again... and again... and again... If anything, Mir is a lot worse then people make him out to be. Apparently he is the greatest HW in the world in most Casual MMA fans eyes. I think that speaks for itself as to just how overrated Mir really is.

Finally, let us not forget your terrible argument that you recently used to describe why Fitch defeated Diego. Diego was "just getting over the staph infection" which really is not true. Not to mention the fact that *** still had the infection, or was JUST getting over it. He was also hospitalized. He also had a decent knee injury (the same one that Mir just had surgery for, so he backed out of the Brock fight). If you look at all that and say... Mir is just that much better then ***... then the only person swinging from nuts in here is yourself Hizoka.

and i agree, most hater's don't want to acknowledge what mir did before his injury. frank mir is every bit as good as his haters wish he weren't.

Mir may have been 100% ready, but that does not mean he could beat *** at his strengths. Considering Mir's strengths are not even comparable to ***'s, I think that speaks for itself as well.

Chuck has been KOd before, and has always had a questionable chin against good strikers. This is the reason Couture pounded him silly. This is the reason why Rampage pounded him silly... this is the reason why Rashad one punched him into hell for a minute.

Mir's weakness is his stand up and wrestling. How the hell could Mir expose a hole in ***'s game, when Mir's hole needed about 15 tonnes of cement to fill in. Mir has HORRENDOUS stand up. To say otherwise means you need to go watch some of his terrible stand up fighting skills.

funny though....people who run the top MMA sites and magazines in the country have Mir in the top 5 at least...all of them.

and the people running those sites and mags know alot more than anyone here.

Mir has horrible stand up yet he beat the shіt out of you boy with stand up... all i EVER hear from you is excuses... when your rong you make up a crap ton of excuses you are worse then BJ Penn with that crap.. on the occations you are right you act like you have never been wrong and you know everything

FACT - Mir stoped Nоg by punching him in the face till he could not continue

i don't care if you said his mothers uncles sisters cousin sneezed on him and jinxed him... HE LOST THE DAMN FIGHT... now man up and admit you were wrong and Mir won.... Nоg regardless of how good he was in the past has looked bad in all his UFC fights... Herring nearly KOed him with a kick then had a brain fart and let him recover... Sylvia was beating him down till it went to teh ground where you just said Sylvia has less then 0 ground game...

so man the hell up and admit you man crush lost... and stop pulling a BJ and making excuses... next thing you know your mom of going to be on the forums trying to explain your failure

funny though....people who run the top MMA sites and magazines in the country have Mir in the top 5 at least...all of them.

and the people running those sites and mags know alot more than anyone here.

umm i disagree with u... i dont think they know alot more than anyone here. I mean WE KNOW IT ALL!! okay? if there is 10 of "US" that say Mir is overrated and is gonna be crushed by Brock, and really isnt a top 5 HW then guess what? we are right... why? becuz we dont have to play politics and bullish!

umm i disagree with u... i dont think they know alot more than anyone here. I mean WE KNOW IT ALL!! okay? if there is 10 of "US" that say Mir is overrated and is gonna be crushed by Brock' date=' and really isnt a top 5 HW then guess what? we are right... why? becuz we dont have to play politics and bullish![/quote']

and you are gonna pretend you were never against Mir when he makes Brock scream like a little girl again