The Offical David Faulkner Fan Club Thread

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JujitsWho

JujitsWho
  • Free
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

This is for all fans of Dave Faulkner to post their comments and to converse with one another.
Remember, this is a fan club thread. Any comments that are not positive will be deleted. Continued spamming of fan club threads will result in disciplinary actions.

Only turning professional because he believed it be a good way to supplement his income as a personal trainer and bodyguard consultant, the Liverpool native began to take training more seriously when he began to spar with UFC champions in the gym.

In a gym filled with UFC veterans as well as boxing and kickboxing champions, that Faulkner is considered to be one of the most talented fighters at the Wolf's Lair is high praise indeed. But this well rounded fighter, who was training to represent his nation in the 2012 Olympics in Judo before "The Ultimate Fighter" came along, may well be the best kept secret in British MMA.

To get in the house Defeated James Bateman by Heel Hook.

Posted Image

#2 IwishIwasMMA

IwishIwasMMA
  • Free
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

Just going to say that I like his ground skills.

I would like to see how well his stand up and wrestling fair though. I could see him having great potential, but not sure at this moment.

I think we should nick name him Whitey though.
Yes..

I did change my sig.

#3 JujitsWho

JujitsWho
  • Free
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:50 AM

Just going to say that I like his ground skills.

I would like to see how well his stand up and wrestling fair though. I could see him having great potential, but not sure at this moment.

I think we should nick name him Whitey though.

The other members of team UK said he has the best wrestling out of all of them!

#4 chubb666

chubb666
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

Dave once said to me
"Rob, one day im going to have you in stitches" Now being that Dave is hard as hell i thought for a split second "Oh sh!t!" until he added "I've made you chuckle but not had you laughing properly"

. . . . .He almost had me with "Who's dressed up?"

#5 BRITinOZ

BRITinOZ
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

good fighter and has the good old scouse humour...

definitely a future ufc fan favourite. :)

#6 JujitsWho

JujitsWho
  • Free
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Dave is the man and will be back on the scene soon I hope

#7 Soulglow

Soulglow
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

Seems like a great dude who has skill and awesome potential should he choose to continue, yet level headed.

#8 JujitsWho

JujitsWho
  • Free
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 08:10 AM

Please read the post at the top!

This is a FAN CLUB THREAD. Positive comments ONLY.

NO NEGITIVE POST WILL BE TOLERATED!!!!

Thank You :)

#9 Fred_Lock

Fred_Lock
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

I wish he would have gotten the fight to the ground and attempt a heel hook. Did the announcer say he was the UK's best fighter ? Personally based off their fights at Wolfslair, I thought Andre Winner might be considered the best. But I can relate to him on gagging on the mouthpiece. I have a deviated septum so I can't breath through my nose well at all. And in training while being choked, I receive no oxygen at all and I want to spit out the piece.

#10 Soulglow

Soulglow
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:12 PM

I wish he would have gotten the fight to the ground and attempt a heel hook. Did the announcer say he was the UK's best fighter ? Personally based off their fights at Wolfslair, I thought Andre Winner might be considered the best. But I can relate to him on gagging on the mouthpiece. I have a deviated septum so I can't breath through my nose well at all. And in training while being choked, I receive no oxygen at all and I want to spit out the piece.

Yeah I have mentioned before that I have a bad gag reflex that makes it hard to keep a mouth guard in without gagging, specially the more sturdy ones, it sucks. I think David showed both promise and lack of experience with his last fight. If he decides to stick with it and train hard and get lots more ring experience, he could be stellar.

#11 thebutterflybee

thebutterflybee
  • Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Even if Dave cant get past the mental side of things he will go on to be a phenomenal coach. He has great skills and seems like a good guy to be around. Those are great aspects for a coach/team mate to have.
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind enemy lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.

#12 Lorddeano

Lorddeano
  • Free
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

If Frank Lester loses his semi final I think a rematch at TUF final would be kool. Both guys fully fit, be a good chance for him to make amends.

#13 chris0151

chris0151
  • Ultimate
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

Dave Faulkner was the best  on TUF and would be a top 10 welterweight now!

He fought Frankie with a collapsed  lung!  and would have won the show easily had he not been sick. 

Dave should fight CM punk - he'd kick his ****  and  then run through all the others! 

#14 DLayman

DLayman
  • Free
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

I'm a true fan of him. He's just do great! The best. Hands down.

#15 freddievanhalen3

freddievanhalen3

Adolf Sniffler

• Free
  • 44,607 posts
  • LocationThe Tenderloin SF

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

Damn this is old

2015 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Drunkest Forum Poster

2016 Most Laid Back Forum Poster

2016 Nicest Forum Poster

2016 Happiest Forum Poster

#16 Rastajambo

Rastajambo

Team Bombo Klatt

• Free
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:37 PM

Damn this is old

not to mention that he is an utter can.  do you think OP was David Faulkner?

abd-75.gif

UFC Fight Night 72

UFC Fight Night 76

UFC Fight Night 84

#17 Jolldan

Jolldan

Fit Like?

• Free
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

Who?

• cashfl0w and Rastajambo like this