Sign in to follow this  
tool46ntwo

EA Sports MMA

I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the site, but I thought I'd post with a little new info coming out of the E3 09' expo.

"Electronic Arts' Tiburon studio is going to take the lead on a new mixed martial arts franchise.

The game, EA Sports MMA, is scheduled to launch in 2010 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A Web site is already up but doesn't contain any details."

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/06/02/the-mma-video-game-war-of-2010/

http://mma.easports.com/home.action

I don't know EA will get it perfect or not, but having someone else out there to make a challenge is great for any fan. With 2 games there to rival it will push developers to try and out perform the other.

UFC Undisputed 2010 left undisputed isn?t a good thing.

I do know that EA is going to be missing a lot of UFC fighters.

They will have at least Couture, and more then likely Fedor...

As for the rest of the great fighters in the world, they are definitely going to have problems scoring those names.

EA is one of the best developers in the world, but I think they will have problems keeping this franchise afloat without the UFC name on it.

should be good' date=' they should use ea sports fight night striking system, with analog sticks.

striking on ufc undisputed is quite crap.[/quote']

I hated the analog striking.......really badly... lol

I just read that the UFC is threating to ban any unsigned fighters who sign with the EA title. UFC, don't do this, there are too many good fighters that you might want that have no reason to say no to EA because they don't fight for you yet. DON'T DO IT!!!!

I just read that the UFC is threating to ban any unsigned fighters who sign with the EA title. UFC' date=' don't do this, there are too many good fighters that you might want that have no reason to say no to EA because they don't fight for you yet. DON'T DO IT!!!![/quote']

Can anyone verify this?

I just read that the UFC is threating to ban any unsigned fighters who sign with the EA title. UFC' date=' don't do this, there are too many good fighters that you might want that have no reason to say no to EA because they don't fight for you yet. DON'T DO IT!!!![/quote']

Can anyone verify this?

This is for real. I dont think Dana will cancel UFC 102 (Couture v ***) but I do think that he is for real. It's gonna suck if UFC doesnt sign guys like Fedor, Lashley, ETC, but EA wont really compete with the Undisputed franchise for one simple fact... It isnt the same people!!! The NFL franchises were, NBA, MLB, & NHL titles all were the same thing with different promoters. EA will release world renoun fighters, and THQ will release the UFC fighters. Im looking forward to this new franchise.

Again, it will suck not to have a Fedor v Brock match though... Like, a LOT!!! Still, nobody loses very bad. Im just sayin.

Her is the link i saw the news: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/212002-ufc-to-ban-fighters-that-sign-with-ea

I do know that EA is going to be missing a lot of UFC fighters.

They will have at least Couture' date=' and more then likely Fedor...

As for the rest of the great fighters in the world, they are definitely going to have problems scoring those names.

EA is one of the best developers in the world, but I think they will have problems keeping this franchise afloat without the UFC name on it.[/quote']

EXACTLY, they missed their chance to do UFC. UFC is the big orginization, you dont have it you dont have the sport.