Sign in to follow this  
Thechemicals

Machida Vs. Shogun

who said it was Boring fight,,, it was one of the best tittle fight i ever seen,,machida having problems in a fight that's exciting man

the fight was greeeeeat the people who said it was boring don't know any thing about MMA i suggest to go watch john cena or what ever in the WWE

The decision should not be overturned. I believe Shogun got robbed but overturning the decision would only mean bad things for the sport. Why have judges if management can just overturn decisions? Besides' date=' its not fair to have someone declared the winner and then to just go "Sorry, we don't like that." It was a controversial decision, and Dana White is doing exactly the right thing in giving Shogun an immediate rematch while reminding them both why you don't leave fights in the hands of the judges.[/quote']

The decision should be overturned, in either two ways.......

1) awarding Shogun the victor in the fight, but thats no way possible

2) Overturn it to a draw. So the Rematch is inevitable. I know the rematch will happen but if Machida did really win then there'd be no reason for a rematch.

In UFC the Commission overturned 1 fight in its entirity. Matt Serra winning a split decision, then later that night the commission overturned the fight and Serra lost. After they reviwed the fight. So why not the Machida/Rua fight? clearly if the judges see the fight from the tape, it would be different then watching the fight in one stationary position. And seeing that most of Machidas strikes never touched Shoguns face but his arms.

If everyone signing these petitions were to email the athletic commission they would probably flip the F out' date=' and it might actually result in something happening. The petition itself won't cause any change.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/contact_us/index.shtml[/quote']

Already that too. In fact I did this first, then later heard about this petition. The fact that Shogun got a loss from winning the fight is obsurd. Having 2 losses that shouldnt be there is unfair too any fighter. Having suffered a broken arm during the fight shouldnt give you a loss. Rumble had this too when he got poked in the eye.

But a fight like this should be considered a draw. There should be a 9-9 round called if no one is perceived to be a winner of any round. Shoot one judge on TUF made a 9-9 round for each round against Junk/Mitrione, so it is possible.

lmao I doubt this will do any good. Might get Cecil Peoples fired which'll be good for MMA' date=' ha.[/quote']

Hopefully it does. I recall most of the bad calls have always had him involved.

I highly doubt you can overturn a result in the UFC unless its something alot more serious like testing positive for banned drugs post-fight.

We know you think Shogun won. But its officially in the books that Machida won. Depends on the way you look at it. Is the glass of water half empty or half full? Can you please build a bridge and get over it.

I say they have a different set of judges review the fight and make the decision based on that. Because that way it is done legit, not just by complaining, and Shogun wins anyway (because we all know he won the fight).

It's not fair to Shogun to have a rematch where Machida knows what he did wrong and will work hard with his Muay Thai guy (Silva) to fix it.

Rumble had this too when he got poked in the eye.

this is a good point.

first off overturning fight decisions should never be done EVER period.

second, if a fighter loses a close decision that is debateable... well, tough luck.

third if a fighter gets his arm or leg broken in a fight he deserves the loss.

BUT!

I figured at the end of the rumble fight that it was going to be a DQ or a draw because of the repeated illegal moves (accidental or not)

if ANY fight deserves to have the decision reconsidered it is not a close decision for the title.... it is the rumble fight that involved multiple illegal eye pokes and was ended with a huge illegal eye poke.

the only reason people want this fight overturned is because it was for a title and a close decision.... but if you think logically, a close decision is just that.

and I dont give a **** how many people gave rua a 49-46 win.....it was a decision... and it was the judges decision to make, and they did so. no illegal moves were used, no extreme circumstances were involved.... just another close fight.

again... I dont think fight decisions should be overturned.... but if I were to make a list of potential candidates, the repeated big eye pokes loss by rumble would definitely be on top of that list.

I couldn't agree more.

I don't know if I can totally say Machida won the fight but I can't say Rua won either. I am ok with the decision. I think Rogan was very bias the entire fight as he has been in past fights. He definitely influenced many into thinking Rua definitely won the fight.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Everytime Rua threw a kick Rogan was quick to say Wow Rua landed an incredible shot or something like that, but he failed to mention that Machida was landed fists to the face at the same time. The knees to the body are effective, but a little cowardly way to strike your opponent, especially if that is the only stiking that you do. Rua rarely landed fist to the face. I beleive the correct result was given. I wasn't sure at first, but watching it again does reveal that Machida should have won. I still like Rogan, but in that fight he did seem to help the audience in thinking that Rua won, but I still don't have a problem with Rogan. I still think he is one of the best commentators out there, especially in MMA world.

i really like ufc and im watching it since royce gracy era

but the last fight got me little bit angry about ufc

somthing was very fishy about the last fight

it dosent make sense that every1 thought shogan won and only the 3 judges of ppl

thought Different

rua showed machida how to fight

and machida looked frightened during the all fight

he even told is corner many time "i cant do anything against him he killed my legs"

ufc should change the Decision because its a shame

this Decision is more proper for smaller organizations and underground fights

than a worldwide entertaiment like ufc

with much respect Niro

i really like ufc and im watching it since royce gracy era

but the last fight got me little bit angry about ufc

somthing was very fishy about the last fight

it dosent make sense that every1 thought shogan won and only the 3 judges of ppl

thought Different

rua showed machida how to fight

and machida looked frightened during the all fight

he even told is corner many time "i cant do anything against him he killed my legs"

ufc should change the Decision because its a shame

this Decision is more proper for smaller organizations and underground fights

than a worldwide entertaiment like ufc

with much respect Niro

I thought Machida won as well.

The thing is though, the UFC has no control whatsoever over the judges, or Refs.

I thought Machida won as well.

The thing is though' date=' the UFC has no control whatsoever over the judges, or Refs.[/quote']

Do you still think Machida won knowing now that he will be out indefinitely and Shogun put him out??? :P

Do you still think Machida won knowing now that he will be out indefinitely and Shogun put him out??? :P

Yes, I do. The UFC does not score it's fights like Pride did. It is round by round.

Yes' date=' I do. The UFC does not score it's fights like Pride did. It is round by round.[/quote']

G_row so in that case how come they gave the decision to forrest over Rampage

rua has made excuses now for 3 of his last 4, we heard no excuses from Black House to date ... he left a championship fight up to the judges & blamed his corner .. sad :rolleyes:

rua has made excuses now for 3 of his last 4' date=' we heard no excuses from Black House to date ... he left a championship fight up to the judges & blamed his corner .. sad :rolleyes:[/quote']

What excuse. His corner was right, he won that fight.

rua has made excuses now for 3 of his last 4' date=' we heard no excuses from Black House to date ... he left a championship fight up to the judges & blamed his corner .. sad :rolleyes:[/quote']

all i am hearing from black house are excuses oh lyoto wasnt 100% his hand had been injured the whole time but we said he was 100% to fight,anderson scoring it all 5 rounds to machida ,are you kiddin me spider haha

all i am hearing from black house are excuses oh lyoto wasnt 100% his hand had been injured the whole time but we said he was 100% to fight' date='anderson scoring it all 5 rounds to machida ,are you kiddin me spider haha[/quote']

post the link .. rua's interview, blaming his corner is here ..

I just got done watching the fight in HD and it was very close here is how I scored it.

M S

R1 10 -10

R2 9 -10

R3 10 -9

R4 9 -10

R5 9 -10

and the NEW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! Mauricioooo! Shoooogun! RRRUUUAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Shogon won in my eyes with a score of 49 - 47. The first round was too close to call in my eyes so I had it a draw 10 -10. And for the people who say that Machida won Im sorry but if a round is too close to call its a draw. You dont just give it to a guy because he is the champ. And for the record I think Machida is the better fighter and will win the rematch he just had a bad night

I think they should have an investigation into how Shogun even got a title shot.

Talk about a bunch of BS hype.

Dana is only doing it because every other dividion in the UFC is locked up and he can't affod to have the LHW go the same way.

There isn;t a legitimate title fight in thre entire UFC at the moment.

I think they should have an investigation into how Shogun even got a title shot.

Dana is only doing it because every other dividion in the UFC is locked up and he can't affod to have the LHW go the same way.

I think that Diego vs Penn will be fun to watch. I think Anthony Johnson will soon be a serious threat. We will see about Vitor, but I think Nate the great will put up a better fight then last time. HW has some promise. So, I gotta disagree.

Hmmm, I think you're crazy. Obviously Shogun was a legitimate title shot, as we all know he won (except G_Row, he's in some kind of psylocibin state of denial at the moment :))

The only division that is hurting is WW, as GSP hs cleaned the entire division. A GSP/Fitch rematch would be viable, as would a rematch with Kos, if he handles Rumble. Rumble would be a legitimate threat to GSP if he gets a shot after beating Kos.

In LW, Penn/Sanchez is without a doubt, a legitimate title shot. No discussion needed.

MW is a mess right now, and the Hendo/Nate/Vitor debate will rage for months....

LHW has some great potential, and HW is starting to HEAT UP. Carwin is definitely a legitimate title fight for Lesnar.

Hmmm' date=' I think you're crazy. Obviously Shogun was a legitimate title shot, as we all know he won (except G_Row, he's in some kind of psylocibin state of denial at the moment :))

The only division that is hurting is WW, as GSP hs cleaned the entire division. A GSP/Fitch rematch would be viable, as would a rematch with Kos, if he handles Rumble. Rumble would be a legitimate threat to GSP if he gets a shot after beating Kos.

In LW, Penn/Sanchez is without a doubt, a legitimate title shot. No discussion needed.

MW is a mess right now, and the Hendo/Nate/Vitor debate will rage for months....

LHW has some great potential, and HW is starting to HEAT UP. Carwin is definitely a legitimate title fight for Lesnar.[/quote']

LOL, regardless of who got the decision, to think that Shogun is not a threat at this point is nuts.

Oh yeah, and if they fight again get better commentaters that don't use BIASED comments and ride a fighters **** the whole fight. Probably Bass Rutten and some other guy.

DUDE! Rogan has totally defended Machida's style time and again. Watch the Tito fight. He is a non-issue.

As for Shogun not deserving a title fight. All I can say is alot of people get shots that don't deserve them based on their UFC history. Anderson Silva comes to mind. I imagine the decision is based on climbing the ladder, selling tickets, fate and politics.

shogun had a great game plan and actually lookd better that lyoto. lyot is the champ and the favorite to win the fight, and to take his title, you have to beat him clearly... but im fed up w/ this ****...

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO END THIS DEBATE!!!! A FREAKING REMATCH!!!!!

of course this is futile, but most of us can understand the sentiment... to me and almost everybody else it just isnt logical . imho you have to try hard and did deep to give machida anything but the 3rd round... it took real arrogance to pass those score cards up, knowing that so many people just watched the opposite, and could watch it over and over, hope it was a big payday for somebody. i hate that shogun isnt the champ because he earned it, and that the ufc will profit heavily from the rematch to this travesty. shogun will just have to do it again...and dana probably gets my money again too...

shogun had a great game plan and actually lookd better that lyoto. lyot is the champ and the favorite to win the fight' date=' and to take his title, you have to beat him clearly... but im fed up w/ this ****...

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO END THIS DEBATE!!!! A FREAKING REMATCH!!!!![/quote']

Actually a rematch will only spark a new debate. People are still debating over a decision that has been finalized in the books already. Fair enough though, because one can certainly see both sides to the decision and the debate makes for some interesting opinions. When I watch the fight over and over again I really only see close judgements in the first 3 rounds, 4 and 5 would be Shoguns. In the first 3 rounds I saw alot of leg/body kicks by Shogun that were either brushed away as Machida moved back or countered at the same time with a head punch by Machida. He may not throw down like a Wanderlei, but if that head punch is flush and accurate one could definately argue it counts slightly more than the Shogun kick. But meh.

It was a close fight, too many people saying it wasn't, it was close, period. Close fights can go different ways, it didn't go the way for RUA, he did great, and he should hold his head up high untill the rematch. Glad he thinks he won, and others do, I don't, I thought it was a good, although tough desicion, watched the fight a few times already, at first I thought it was too close, should maybe swing to rua, but after replay, I agree with the desicion.

To close to be all petitioning. I mean let Rua fight his battles, you don't need to be fighting them for him. IF he is that upset, let him try to get it straightened out.

I have seen the fans during the same fight, cheer for a guy furiously, then boo the heck out of him because he didn't do something they wanted. Fight fans can be fickle, imo, half the people seemingly who are screaming about it don't even think it was close, which to me, they lose all credibility and they can't even agree on who wins what round. Bottom line, it was close. wait till the rematch.

It was a close fight' date=' too many people saying it wasn't, it was close, period. Close fights can go different ways, it didn't go the way for RUA, he did great, and he should hold his head up high untill the rematch. Glad he thinks he won, and others do, I don't, I thought it was a good, although tough desicion, watched the fight a few times already, at first I thought it was too close, should maybe swing to rua, but after replay, I agree with the desicion.

To close to be all petitioning. I mean let Rua fight his battles, you don't need to be fighting them for him. IF he is that upset, let him try to get it straightened out.

I have seen the fans during the same fight, cheer for a guy furiously, then boo the heck out of him because he didn't do something they wanted. Fight fans can be fickle, imo, half the people seemingly who are screaming about it don't even think it was close, which to me, they lose all credibility and they can't even agree on who wins what round. Bottom line, it was close. wait till the rematch.[/quote']

It's only a close fight if you look at it round by round. They way fights should be judged and the way I prefer to watch a fight is as a whole. On the whole Shogun won clearly.

It's only a close fight if you look at it round by round. They way fights should be judged and the way I prefer to watch a fight is as a whole. On the whole Shogun won clearly.

Too bad UFC fights are judged round by round, what a damn shame ~tear~

Too bad UFC fights are judged round by round' date=' what a damn shame ~tear~[/quote']

It is too bad because its not representative of a FIGHT but more of a point scoring match. The entire system came out of amateur boxing which is a point competition. PRIDEs or DREAMs criteria and scoring is a far better method of judging a fight to determine a victor.

the North American method is less conducive to a finish because a person could more easily and with less risk out score in a majority of the round and then stall to victory. This wouldn't get you very far in Japan.

It is too bad because its not representative of a FIGHT but more of a point scoring match. The entire system came out of amateur boxing which is a point competition. PRIDEs or DREAMs criteria and scoring is a far better method of judging a fight to determine a victor.

the North American method is less conducive to a finish because a person could more easily and with less risk out score in a majority of the round and then stall to victory. This wouldn't get you very far in Japan.

Yeah thats true, because it would suck if Shogun won the fight cos of the majority of his attacks being leg kicks LOL I hope you didnt just contradict yourself. But then again, if you take out someones legs their attack is very limited. My idea would have three 10 minute rounds in a title match in attempt to give more opportunity of a definable outcome.

Yeah thats true' date=' because it would suck if Shogun won the fight cos of the majority of his attacks being leg kicks LOL I hope you didnt just contradict yourself. But then again, if you take out someones legs their attack is very limited. My idea would have three 10 minute rounds in a title match in attempt to give more opportunity of a definable outcome.[/quote']

and the majority of Machida's strikes were glancing punches or punches that hit Shogun's arms.

I certainly didn't contradict myself because damage is a criteria for victory in PRIDE and DREAM and we all know that Machida got jacked up and Shogun had a small mouse and a bruise.

I'm not arguing that Machida won and he's the champ (that is a matter of fact), I arguing that the criteria and the system that reached that conclusion is flawed and designed for a completely different competition.

and the majority of Machida's strikes were glancing punches or punches that hit Shogun's arms.

I certainly didn't contradict myself because damage is a criteria for victory in PRIDE and DREAM and we all know that Machida got jacked up and Shogun had a small mouse and a bruise.

I'm not arguing that Machida won and he's the champ (that is a matter of fact)' date='[b'] I arguing that the criteria and the system that reached that conclusion is flawed and designed for a completely different competition.[/b]

I actually made that a point in many of my arguements in other dummy threads where people would blame the judges and Machida, so I tend to agree, its the judging system that needs to be re-evaluated, and then train the new system into the judges heads. This would be a great new years resolution for the UFC and just in time for the rematch.

I mean if we're gonna get TECHNICAL about it, Machida won. But in my honest opinion, I think Shogun won. The first two rounds seemed pretty even to me. But from the 3rd round on, it seemed to be all Shogun. Machida failed to do anything significant the rest of the right and Shogun just seemed to be doing a lot more damage, he was more aggresive, more explosive, so I don't see how Machida won. And I love Machida. He's an awesome fighter and I was rooting for him in this fight. But I'm not gonna be biased just ccause he's one of my favorite fighters. In all fairness, I think Shogun won. I may need to watch the fight a few more times. But either way, it doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done and when they have the rematch both of these guys are gonna go for the finish so that there won't be any debating afterwards. That I'm pretty certain of.

In my opinion the fight prettymuch rested on who won the first round. shogun won 4 and 5 machida won 2 and 3 the first round was very close but gave it to the champion i guess haha shogun will knock machida out in the rematch though

idk why everyone thinks shogun won... did he really expect to win a championship with leg kicks? Machida threw punch combos. Rua did leg kicks for 25 min. i thought it was obvious Machida won

idk why everyone thinks shogun won... did he really expect to win a championship with leg kicks? Machida threw punch combos. Rua did leg kicks for 25 min. i thought it was obvious Machida won

Obvious? Machida himself looked surprised that he won. Don't kid yourself.

I just hope the rematch isn't as boring as the first one.

It looked to me like Machida was surprised he won.

I think Shogun probably did enough to win, but I'm not surprised by the decision. In that state, with those judges, the fighters should have known that a close fight could have gone either way. If either one really wanted to be sure about the result they should have pushed it in 4 and 5. Both looked happy to try and edge it and wait to see what the judges said.

Shogun obviously won that fight hands down... I've lost a lot of respect for the UFC after hearing that bull **** decision.

not sure if you know this, but the UFC has no say in who the judges are, the state athletic commision appoints them. so this isnt like some UFC conspiracy so you cant really blame the UFC. what you can blame them for is prematurely hyping the sh*t out of machida and a LOT of people buying into it, only for those people to be shocked at how he got dismantled

not sure if you know this' date=' but the UFC has no say in who the judges are, the state athletic commision appoints them. so this isnt like some UFC conspiracy so you cant really blame the UFC. what you can blame them for is prematurely hyping the sh*t out of machida and a LOT of people buying into it, only for those people to be shocked at how he got dismantled[/quote']

Your post doesnt count, you state Shogun as the LHW champion in your sig. when its actually Machida.

Oh and I myself was a fan of Lyoto well before he won the title.