Sign in to follow this  
Muay_UK

Congratulations to the US Soccer team!!!!!!

Think they are in the finals of the confederations cup. Best teams in the world, Brazil, Spain, Italy and then a few others like US!haha.

World cup next year. If you win this you will be considered a threat in soccer terms. This is a big thing! You can actually join the rest of us in the human race! lol.

YAY! Since we beat them at Soccer/Futbol, that means we will also beat them in a War!

(These were my beliefs as a child, damn political propoganda..even though we can, that's besides the point. Growing up, I figured if we dominate in the Olympics, that means we are the best country in a War. HAHA)

If the U.S. wins the world cup' date=' that just shows that the rest of the world is over rated, b/c soccer in the U.S. sucks compared to everywhere else.[/quote']

Good call sir. Need I even make a reply?

Good call sir. Need I even make a reply?

Soccer sucks in the US because it's the 5th most popular sport in the country where as it's #1 in most other countries. Not making excuses or taking anything away from the other countries' talents but it's a fact.

Soccer sucks in the US because it's the 5th most popular sport in the country where as it's #1 in most other countries. Not making excuses or taking anything away from the other countries' talents but it's a fact.

Agreed.

Good call sir.

who needs soccer when you got NFL football.

Spoken very wisely. I know other countries don't understand it and I love all sports but American football is the greatest team sport in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Spoken very wisely. I know other countries don't understand it and I love all sports but American football is the greatest team sport in the world as far as I'm concerned.

Women's water polo.

TRUMP CARD!!!!!

I can see your point my friend.

it's all about moving the ball.

there is punts,feild goals,runners run the ball,when quartbacks pass the ball and recievers catch the ball they got to run it.

I guess that somewhat justifies

Soccer is popular because you dont need much to play it. Most of the rest of the world aint got our kinda coin if you get me.

I do like American Football. Like the tactics involved in it. Clever game.

It is similar to rugby. If you imagine only being able to pass backwards you pretty much got rugby.

More similar to Aussie Rules.

it doesn't matter....it just doesn't matter what it's called.

the only thing that matters is....

I live in what is called "Steeler" country.people in my neighborhood fly the steeler flag beside the american flag.and for all my fine,fellow americans that reside here,you all know what the black and gold is all about.

*AHEM* another super bowl ring...*cough* *ahem*

Hmmmm, sports that I think are more popular then Soccer here

in no particular order,

NFL

MLB

NBA

Hockey

Nascar

NCAA Football (I suppose you could just say football and combine it in too one, but it is a totally different thing)

NCAA Basketball

NCAA baseball

MMA

Yep, I think MMA is more popular here. I will not list the WWE or whatever it is, cause while it is kinda a sport, it is fake. Even if you combine College with the Pros, which I would not because they are totally different, Soccer is somewhere around 7. But, I say maybe 10th.

Soccer is popular because you dont need much to play it. Most of the rest of the world aint got our kinda coin if you get me.

I do like American Football. Like the tactics involved in it. Clever game.

It is similar to rugby. If you imagine only being able to pass backwards you pretty much got rugby.

More similar to Aussie Rules.

Soccer is the original... Then they took out the no hands rule, ended up with rugby.... Then they took out the no forward passes rule, ended up with football.

Weird, I had this conversation a couple days ago. :P

As Sir Wesley Snipes the 2nd so wisely proclaimed to that bar man from cheers after they payed a game of 'hoops'....

"Event the sun shines on a dogs **** some days"

And today, The States were that dog. I for one think thats awesome, cos I love it when an underdog wins in football (I am scottish, so thats pretty much any time we win, which isnt much!).

So congrats to the US soccerball team.

As Sir Wesley Snipes the 2nd so wisely proclaimed to that bar man from cheers after they payed a game of 'hoops'....

"Event the sun shines on a dogs **** some days"

And today' date=' The States were that dog. I for one think thats awesome, cos I love it when an underdog wins in football (I am scottish, so thats pretty much any time we win, which isnt much!).

So congrats to the US soccerball team.[/quote']

Scottish people are awesome. I have always wanted to snag a Scottish chick to hear how she would sound screaming in that accent. I can picture it now "GET OFF ME!!!" aaahhhhh

Scottish people are awesome. I have always wanted to snag a Scottish chick to hear how she would sound screaming in that accent. I can picture it now "GET OFF ME!!!" aaahhhhh

I genuinely burst out laughing there! It caught me way off gaurd! haha

Women's water polo.

TRUMP CARD!!!!!

I've watched women's water polo.

Should be proud. First thing you won in a few weeks...

If soccer was the number one sport in the US' date=' instead of playing against some unknown dudes, other countries would have been playing against guys like Derek Jeter, Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, and Allen Iverson. This would be a problem for those countries.

Hmmmm, sports that I think are more popular then Soccer here

in no particular order,

NFL

MLB

NBA

Hockey

Nascar

NCAA Football (I suppose you could just say football and combine it in too one, but it is a totally different thing)

NCAA Basketball

NCAA baseball

MMA

Yep, I think MMA is more popular here. I will not list the WWE or whatever it is, cause while it is kinda a sport, it is fake. Even if you combine College with the Pros, which I would not because they are totally different, Soccer is somewhere around 7. But, I say maybe 10th.

Hence the term "super mod".

Brad Friedel, Marcus Hanneman, Tim Howard. Just 3 great goalkeepers who play in the English Leagues and are American. BTW Friedel is AWESOME and I wish he played for my team. And as a Brit, I don't understand rugby. Why run 100yds then throw the ball behind you??