Sign in to follow this  
Evin

UFC 100 will air live on UK TV

"Sky Sports are also in the running, but their failure to fully back UFC programming with a weekly talk show saw them lose out to Setanta two years ago,"

Spose that answers your question bout gettin the same kind of shows that were on setanta. UFC obviously wants weekly talks show etc on whichever network they choose!! which must include shows like unleashed etc, i read somewhere that on french t.v they had it in the contract to have unleashed etc.

Thanks for the post :) Thats awesome news. I hope virgin1 get it. Altho any of them will do for me as I would hate to miss any ufc events. I will await the decision with baited breath. haha.

i reely hope that ESPN DO NOT GET IT ! because i had never heard of this channel before a cuple of weeks ago, so considering that i hope that either virgin 1 or five get the rights as this will help the sport gain in popularity, oh yeah and it will be free :P

i reely hope that ESPN DO NOT GET IT ! because i had never heard of this channel before a cuple of weeks ago' date=' so considering that i hope that either virgin 1 or five get the rights as this will help the sport gain in popularity, oh yeah and it will be free :P[/quote']

You've never heard of ESPN? ESPN operate all over the world and are bigger than SKY by a long way.

I hope that it goes to 5 because I don't get virgin 1.

i understand that the UFC have a good relationship with Spike and Bravo so i wouldnt be suprised if Virgin1, as they have shown the lastest series of the Ultimate Fighter won the deal. (Virgin being a cable broadcaster like Bravo and Spike!)

Really hope to the heavens above that SKY do not get there grubby hands on it as it would kill the UFC in this country i think. SKY have ruined boxing.

I really cannot wait for this show, its gonna be the best EVER!!!!! :):)

does anybody know how to watch ufc on television in uk now setanta sports has died an awful death?,or is the only way via the internet?,this needs sorting asap!,defo in time for ufc100,would be grateful for any pointers,thanks!!!

This is fantastic news and has made my day, thank you for enlightening me with this news!

As for who i would prefer the rights to go do.. well... Five would be the best for me personally as it is terrestrial and everyone in the UK will be able to watch it. It would probably bring in new fans to the sport also. Virgin 1 would not be bad either but at least us UK fans will be able to watch this superlative event!

Hey guys, ok so as we know UFC has left Setanta who closed down.. and now UFC are looking for a new channel and one of the channels that wants UFC is ESPN. they have recently brought english premiership games and do other sports like golf and NFL etc etc

anyways if UFC go on that channel its very bad news because the channel will cost ?15.99 a month!!!.. which i think is a rip off.

five, virgin 1, bravo, sky sports you don't have to pay a monthly subscription for those channels so lets hope its on one of them and not ESPN.

thanks.

Setanta was around ?15 a month anyway. I would prefer it to be on bravo as it is free and I actually have that channel

i agree i hope its on bravo aswell

i paid for setanta but its alot of money ?16 a month, i'm not rich at all!! so its difficult to live and have to folk out another ?16 a month just to watch one UFC event a month.

so i am hopeing ESPN dont get it.

Not wanting to put a dampner on everyone's enthusiasm.... I'm still won't be convinced until it is in print EXACTLY what channel and time etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to pieces that we're being assured it'll be on (thanks for the original post by the way) - but I want confirmation UFC people. PLEASE!!!!!

(ok, so I might sound greedy in wanting more than just "yeah, it'll be on" - but I'm only saying what everyone else it thinking)

anyways if UFC go on that channel its very bad news because the channel will cost ?15.99 a month!!!.. which i think is a rip off.

Perhaps you should have the right figures before posting this. ESPN America is part of the Sky news and events package which costs ?1.

ESPN America for me. A channel that can afford the UFC and can provide good coverage for US sport as it already does.

Plus I think in the US ESPN does work with the UFC.

How have you been paying to watch it? I know that Setanta' date=' but have you had to pay per event? It was my understanding that if you had that channel there were not any additional costs. Here, we have to pay the monthly cable, or satellite fees, just to be able to pay the $50 for the PPV. I know the UFC is newer there, but we have paid since UFC 1. Do not take this the wrong way, just trying to understand, as well as get a feel about how folks over there feel about it. I know it sucks to have to start paying for something that was once free. (with the subscription)[/quote']

What is it with some people moaning that they have to pay for one specific event. Before Setanta went bust, you had to pay every single month to have Sky (cheapest ?30 p/m approx.); and then in addition ?15 for Setanta. So no, we didn't have to pay for specific UFC events - but we were already paying ?45 p/m (or if you have the full Sky package ?60 p/m); and we generally only get one UFC event a month. So excuse us if that's not enough for some people.

However, on the other hand just to clear other PPV matters up; boxing events are usually an extra ?15 on PPV and a lot of people (including myself) pay for that too when necessary.

So yes, most die hard UFC fans would be willing to go ahead with PPV; but we are/were already paying a large sum every month. Now lets not get so petty as to add up how much we've spent on UFC events and compare... please.

Jeez, I was willing to pay ?1000 to get to Vegas next weekend to see it live, but no one wanted to go with me!!!!!! I don't imagine it's the safest place in the world for a young lady by herself!

To be honest as its been stated before most fans would pay extra to watch it, but with the UFC still growing in the UK and Europe they need to tread softly and introduce PPV slowly.

It just needs to be sorted before 100 :rolleyes:

So that's what this Setanta business was all about.

"Setanta" is Italian for "seventy" - which is the only thing it meant to me.

Awww Anthony, that is so cute - bless ya!

Yep, they've only got a week to get it sorted. The Sun newspaper revealed yesterday that we will deffo be able to see it live - but nothing set in stone about a channel yet. Looks like the majority of people on here would like it to be on Virgin 1; and I'm presuming that's a massive possibility after it aired TUF9. Fingers crossed.

Still haven't heard anything either. I just hope we get it in HD. So either Sky Sports HD, Eurosport HD (doubtful) or maybe the new ESPN? That could be up in time. Not sure if ESPN will go HD yet though.

Well guys, No news yet and Im hoping its Virgin1 also, or even Channel 5 for that matter coz I understand they in the running too, What we dont want is Sky as it will be PPV, or Bravo coz its only on Sky or Vigin Media, Everyone has freeview boxes or through other means so makes lots of sense for Vigin1.

If it goes bad though guys I wouldnt worry too much coz theres plenty of free live streams across the net where you can watch. If you dont happen to find one just download it the next day, If they want to stop people doing this then it needs to be on Freeview.

I'm getting to the point where I don't care who gets it or how much I have to pay ' date=' I just want it to be shown !!!!![/quote']

I'm with you on that one, for sure! Who cares how much it costs - I'm a massive GSP fan and will pay whatever to make sure I see the whole evening live. I can't believe they're leaving the UK in limbo like this!!

I'm with you on that one' date=' for sure! Who cares how much it costs - I'm a massive GSP fan and will pay whatever to make sure I see the whole evening live. I can't believe they're leaving the UK in limbo like this!![/quote']

I'm sure they are doing everything they can to sort it asap.

Bad timing with Setanta going down so close to the fights, could've been worse though, they could have gone down the day before !!!

I'm sure it'll get sorted, I keep telling myself that anyway !! ; )

Now is the time for it to go HD in the UK. So i went for Sky Sports.

UFC 100 will definitely be shown though so dont worry. Although my only concern is that it will be a PPV event on Sky Box Office if it doesn't get sorted soon. I wouldn't mind paying for this one though, just as long as its a one off.

yeah i tootally agree with that,

besides i already paid for it through setanta, ufc was the only reason i took a subscription with them in the first place, they took this months DD then shut down a couple of days later.

i reckon if i have to pay again for it then p2p download it will have to be

Hi, does anybody ahve any info on where I can obtain UFC now that Setanta pay per view has gone?? ESPN have taken over the channel but no UFC to be shown as yet... i am absolutely GUTTED as I have been waiting for Bisping to kick Hendersons head in for ages.... any ideas would be solidly welcomed.

thanks all

Check the UFC homepage, they have an article from the Telegraph about it. UFC is 100% being shown in the UK, a deal hasn't been signed yet though. They have several offers on the table and an announcement will be made soon.

Ah yeah just read that article!

Zelaznik said earlier this week: “I’d like to guarantee our loyal British and Irish fans that UFC 100 will be live on television over here. “You won’t have to wait to see the biggest event in UFC history. UFC 100 will be live in the UK.”

Praise jeebus!

Ah yeah just read that article!

Zelaznik said earlier this week: ?I?d like to guarantee our loyal British and Irish fans that UFC 100 will be live on television over here. ?You won?t have to wait to see the biggest event in UFC history. UFC 100 will be live in the UK.?

Praise jeebus!

The word that gets me giddy there is LIVE .... L-I-V-E !!!! wahooooo !! :D