Sign in to follow this  
Evin

UFC 100 will air live on UK TV

Perhaps you should have the right figures before posting this. ESPN America is part of the Sky news and events package which costs ?1.

Perhaps you should do some research before chiming in with your little pearls of wisdom. ESPN America will not be showing UFC. ESPN are just about to laiunch a new stand alone subscription channel similar to Setanta and if they get the UFC then it will be aired on that channel. Not on ESPN America.

iv watched and recorded(for my own personal use)EVERY ufc event since ufc was first aired in the uk(well before tuf1)from bravo/sky box office/satanta,virgin and bought on dvd all others from ufc 1 onwards,now satanta's gone belly up im snookered,i know i can watch online but which is best site to watch on 'n' how long before it's released on dvd so i can add to my collection ?

Zelaznik added: "We've got some very exciting options on the table and I expect to be able to make an annoucement by Monday."

for those people holding their breaths, its not long now...

Yes, that's true. However its not long until UFC 100 either...

I have friends all over the country, and I had to organize a UFC night months ago so everyone could clear their calendar to come over and watch it.

I'm sure they are doing their best, but it would have been nice to get this sorted out a lot sooner, for people like me finding out if all our plans have to be canceled or changed needs more than a few days notice.

I think it would have been preferable to get a quick one match deal worked out as soon as Setanta went down and sort out redcurrant rights properly afterwords.

Anyhow, its good to hear we are close to a resolution. I just want to see the fight!

i wouldnt be surprised if they work out a 1 event deal first because some channels may have scheduling issues that may not be possible to rearrange, sky have the boxoffice channels which they could use as a makeshift free to air though

I think if ufc is going to continue gathering fans it should go to Five or even Virgin1 as like Setanta people can watch as it isn't over priced I have VirginMedia and to get skysports it like ?28 a month and most people wont pay that Setanta was brill ?10 for Sky viewers and free with XL pack on Virgin well cheap. If it went to sky i cant see many paying ?28. Not even massive fans like myself, so they will lose so many Ufc fans.

Come on Bispin, Fitch an Mir.

i paid subscription for setanta and my last dd was ?14 not only that they made you pay a signing on fee of (if i remember rightly) ?15.

now if you had sky already its not ?28 for sky sports but for the sports pack maybe and that would give you more channels then you get on virginmedia plus skysports1-2-3-extra skysports news euro sportsand about 10 other sports channels

i have virgin, i wouldnt be shelling out another ?28 a month for sky if it went there id be downloading from now on ;p Any how they should say where its going tomorrow

I can't believe I have just read through six pages of posts spanning a 5 day period, and still no answer has been given.

My last hope will be later tonight, when I will be able to scan 1 week ahead on the sky menu to see if it is listed.....

The guarantee that it will be shown Live was indeed a Godsend, but until a channel is given, there will always be that seed of doubt.

Piss poor from UFC with no announcement and less than a week before the event

How the hell do they expect to promote this event & get the right amount of viewers it deserves

Seriously lost a lot of respect for UFC because of this

Do remember the SUN is the biggest bunch of bollocks to read in the Uk.

I hope it will air, and for it no to air would just be a major loss, as the company has been investing lots of cash in expanding.

Would be a major anti climax without ufc 100

Piss poor from UFC with no announcement and less than a week before the event

How the hell do they expect to promote this event & get the right amount of viewers it deserves

Seriously lost a lot of respect for UFC because of this

It's not the UFC's fault that Setanta went under and although they do seem to be taking their time in picking the next broadcaster, I'd rather they take their time and get it right rather than panic and give it to the wrong one !!

Have faith people !!!

The Sun has reported that there are 6 channels bidding to cover it live and that the UFC (UK branch) has promised it will be shown live most probably on Virgin 1:)

It's not the UFC's fault that Setanta went under and although they do seem to be taking their time in picking the next broadcaster' date=' I'd rather they take their time and get it right rather than panic and give it to the wrong one !!

Have faith people !!![/quote']

How can they give it to the wrong one? ill watch ufc 100 on any channel thanks.

if ur talking about a long term contract, then thats different .

Hi im just wondering what channel is getting UFC now and what will the UFC 100 countdown be on and when.

hi i got told dat there gonna make up der minds mon-tues

I have read on one website (read so many and can't remember which one) that UFC 100 might not be on the channel that the UFC stays on. There is a currently a bidding war for the UFC and i beleive the UFC don't just want the highest bidder but the Channel that can offer the UFC the most, as in LIVE events and maybe more of the smaller events we in the UK never seem to get to watch.

Well it hasnt been put on to the tv listings yet mate ????

Anyway hopefully tommorow we will find out and im praying its virgin 1 as i dont want to fork out ?15 extra a month to watch ufc, considering i currently pay over ?60 a month for my sky package!

I'm just writing a message to get this back to the top of the boards because we all need to fingd out. I'm on holiday and need to find out so I can get it recorde for when I get back!

All uk fans - keep your eyes and ears peeled. First one to let us know the proper details gets an ice cold beer!

Still not heard a peep.

I forgot to check the Sky Program Listings before coming to work this morning. Is anybody at home and able to flick ahead and post whether there is any UFC listed?

To be honest I'm going out of my head.

I've been frantically searching the internet for any kid of news on where UFC 100 will air because like many I've arranged a "UFC 100 Party" with alot of people who are new to the sport and I'd like to be able to at least know it's gonna work out.

Heck I just hope that it get's announced today asap.

check the schedule it has gone from international event to ppv and a fight night is to be shown in the uk not happened b4

this can mean only 1 thing SKY has flashed its cash

to all those moaning about ?15 do wot i do buy beers, pizza's and other food

get some m8's round charge ?5 to ?10 each problem solved u might even make a profit

Interestingly enough i found this quote about UFC 99 from Dana White about a T.V deal incase setanta had gone bust just before that event:-

According to UFC President Dana White, UFC 99 ?will be on TV? in the UK, with the promotion apparently working out a last minute deal that could see the card broadcast on Bravo should Setanta not make in through Saturday.

?Hang tight we will be on tv. Either setanta or bravo. We are working on it,? wrote White on Twitter.

Could point to a deal with Bravo already in place and 100 being shown on it.

Sky sports as im switching to that anyway, so they already have football, and to have

ufc on there too wud be wonderful. If it goes to ESPN ill have to subscribe to that too, im not made of money you know :(

Oh bugger' date=' sorry mate I didn't realise !!! :([/quote']

Hahaha no worries, i did get very excited by it though when i read it thinking there is going to be a definate answer soon :)

Hahaha no worries' date=' i did get very excited by it though when i read it thinking there is going to be a definate answer soon :)[/quote']

Fingers crossed for today then !!

if you can afford the plane flight you can come and watch it at my house. i live in garden grove in california

just me and my cat here.

would be nice to watch it with someone else.

if you can afford the plane flight you can come and watch it at my house. i live in garden grove in california

just me and my cat here.

would be nice to watch it with someone else.

Hahaha well I hope you've got a big fridge for all the beer as there might be a plane load heading your way !!

ESPN channel in the uk which will have the football on it will be ?5 its cheaper than setenta was simply because its ESPN by name but run by SKY

lower costs and 12 million subcribers only 5 million of them get sky sports

the irish boys behind setanta were fools to start a viewer war with news corp owned SKY look wot happpened they made them spend so much money they have gone T.I.T.S up.

i know this sky was losing ?3 million a week in the early 90's murdoch does not lose

ne way

UFC 100 will be on tv thats all that matters

i think sky will get it as the schedule has changed to PPV and finally we get to watch fight night

lol. nice one.

i heard english guys like a good cold beer lol

nah seriously man i hope you guys get to watch it, i been to england in 1998 and really liked it.