Sign in to follow this  
Evin

UFC 100 will air live on UK TV

Im Glad that this is happening but surely something needs to be done soon... its less than a week until the event... I love UFC and my local sports bar was going to be showing this event live (meaning drinking till 5-6 am :D) but im beginging to wonder now.... i have no doubts people are working hard on this but it reminds me of WWE Armageddon 2003 - everyone said that situation would be resolved and that it would be shown in the uk.... but it never was i hope that history doesnt repeat its self

I know that this has been discussed previously but im beginging to worry about this situation. Theres less than a week to go and there is nothing about this other than what was said in the sun last week and later the mail....

As i wrote on a previous board i remember when WWE Armageddon 2003 was supposed to be shown in the UK and everyone was confident it would be but when it came time no deal had been reached and it wasnt shown.

I have every faith that people are working hard to get a deal done, but with time ticking away i begin to wonder because dont forget this has to be marketed and advertised and there not leaving a whole load of time.

Personally i hope a deal with 5 (anything other than channel 4 which will treat MMA with contempt) or even the BBC (hey it needs something!) would be awesome... and would bring UFC And MMA further in to the mainstream in the UK

I hope someone has the answer to this and soon.... Please dont shout saying this has been discussed already and stuff... im aware of this im just now beginging to worry.

looks like Bravo are doing a tape delay on sunday night 10-12' date=' still not sure if its going to be live though :([/quote']

Not from what I've seen, The listings for that time are Very Bad things ?

I need it to be live, I don't want to fail with this UFC 100 Party :o

looks like Bravo are doing a tape delay on sunday night 10-12' date=' still not sure if its going to be live though :([/quote']

Bravo are crap if they televise they miss out all the hype and its going to be such a huge event, we all want to see all the hype two get 2 hours will be crap specailly when we got an hour build up then 3 hours viewing. Hopefully virgin will come to the rescue.

I would like Sky Sports to get it for the HD coverage and the fact that if they show the damn thing you will get the full show, Not the edited two hour version with ads

SETANTA SPORTS HAVE GONE BUST SO HOW DO I GET TO SEE UFC 100 IN ENGLAND? ITS BULLS##T ! IVE NEVER MISSED AN EVENT AND NOW IM GONNA MISS THE BIGGEST ONE EVER. I CANT WATCH VIA YAHOO COZ MY P.C IS RUBBISH. ANY SUGGESTIONS???:mad:

SETANTA SPORTS HAVE GONE BUST SO HOW DO I GET TO SEE UFC 100 IN ENGLAND? ITS BULLS##T ! IVE NEVER MISSED AN EVENT AND NOW IM GONNA MISS THE BIGGEST ONE EVER. I CANT WATCH VIA YAHOO COZ MY P.C IS RUBBISH. ANY SUGGESTIONS???:mad:

I'd suggest that you press your caps lock key for a start. Secondly, you might want to click back a few pages in this thread and read on from there and you'll see that the same question that you are asking now has been asked countless times already. OR IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU?

I'd suggest that you press your caps lock key for a start. Secondly' date=' you might want to click back a few pages in this thread and read on from there and you'll see that the same question that you are asking now has been asked countless times already. OR IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU?[/quote']

I merged a thread he made with this one. It wasn't his fault. I've made this thread sticky so hopefully it will cut down on these threads and posts

Its monday mate, chill :D

It'll definitely be shown over here, that much is clear. Hopefully they show the countdown show before the event too. But it'll definitely be sorted.

Its monday mate' date=' chill :D

It'll definitely be shown over here, that much is clear. Hopefully they show the countdown show before the event too. But it'll definitely be sorted.[/quote']

We hope,

hopefully either virgin one or sky sports hope it aint espn coz that means ill have to fork out anouther tenner each month .when will we no what channel its on they was suppose to announce it today

I know i'm not alone in the anticipation of waiting for the UFC to announce which channel in the UK is going to sign them up.

Ever since the satanta fiasco i've been weighing up the choices and personally i think Sky Sports would be the best choice or maybe Five.

But hopefully it will be tonight as it was stated as i'm just past waiting lol.

Lol oops.. I took a quick look to see if there was a post about it and thought it was a bit funny that there wasn't. Eyes must have ignored the 1st sticky.

So before anyone feels the need to rage I do apologise :-)

mate it's understandable, I've refreshed the pages today about a hundred times trying to find out when the damn thing is on.

I just wanna know I can watch it in peace

iv actually made myself ill' date=' worrying about this now. i wish they would just

make an announcement, and we can all go to bed happy.[/quote']

Amen to that

Lol oops.. I took a quick look to see if there was a post about it and thought it was a bit funny that there wasn't. Eyes must have ignored the 1st sticky.

So before anyone feels the need to rage I do apologise :-)

It's all good man. There are two or three every day. I understand the anticipation. Again, am pulling for you guys.

I voted for:

"Who gives a sh*t' date=' I live in the US"

:P j/k[/quote']

thats why you will be getting it on PPV, while we get it for free :)

am sorry if your sick of this question but its less than 6 days away and still no word where the hell im gonna be watching it????

some one out there must know!?!?!?!?

please help!

Spot on mate!

I'll back you up with this one, getting very close 2 one of the best UFC events in a while and im getting very worried by the lack of communication as to where its being shown over here!

Someone please put our minds at ease!!!!

ive got ****in dana white and ufc on twitter... and there not saying ****!!!! am checking the internet about 50 times aday for an answer and theres ****ing nothing no communication... its a ****ing radio black out!!! if i dont get an answer soon someones gonna have to get tapped!

someone must know!

i've even tried to see if i could get it on line, but all i found was a sun news report saying an announcement would be given on Monday looks like that is not going to happen as its now 8 o'clock. you would think that as the last tuf was uk vs usa that more effort would be put in to keeping the uk up to date. its not the fans fault that setanta went belly up

well i supose its only lunch time over there i think there about 8 hours behind? still i thought the ufc would have had a plan b in the pipe line... and we'd have had more information by now!!!

I hope we get some news soon as it's getting ever closer five days away and still nothing official these are worrying times.

Come on Virgin1 get your cash out, although i would love to watch it in HD Poss Sky1 but very doubtful tho.

says in paper [the sun] we should know bye today if it does go to sky ppv ill be 1 of many that will go to torrents download it or get a star view box.

quote from the sun

FANS of mixed martial arts in the UK have been boosted by the news UFC 100 will definitely air live on July 11.

Speculation has mounted that the event would be screened on Bravo on tape delay following Setanta's collapse last week.

But we can reveal the main card from the Mandalay Bay spectacular will be broadcast in its entirety as it happens.

We understand Virgin 1 is favourite to screen the extravaganza ? which looks set to be the biggest event in MMA history.

Speaking exclusively to SunSport, the UFC's UK president, Marshall Zelaznik said: "I'd like to guarantee our loyal British and Irish fans that UFC 100 will be LIVE on television over here.

"You won't have to wait to see the biggest event in UFC history. UFC 100 will be live in the UK."

The showpiece sees Brock Lesnar clash with Frank Mir in a heavyweight title unification bout in the main event.

Welterweight star Georges St Pierre also puts his title on the line against rising Brazilian star Thiago Alves, while Britain's biggest MMA fighter Michael Bisping pits his wits against legendary American middleweight Dan Henderson.

In a further boost, it is claimed SIX TV channels are battling it out for the rights to screen fight cards following Setanta's demise.

Zelaznik added: "We've got some very exciting options on the table and I expect to be able to make an annoucement by Monday."

ESPN are said to have lodged a huge bid to become the new home of the UFC in the UK and are the frontrunners to seal a long-term contract with the promotion ? probably starting with UFC 101 in August.

But they face a challenge from Five, who are keen on bringing MMA to a mainstream audience.

Although Five cannot match ESPN's financial clout, the lure of terrestrial television may help swing them the deal in favour of their subscription-based rivals.

Sky Sports are also in the running, even though they lost out to Setanta two years ago.

Bravo are also interested in screening live fights, but Virgin 1 would seem a better fit if an agreement with ESPN or Five cannot be reached.

Insiders at Virgin 1 were reportedly amazed at the viewing figures season nine of The Ultimate Fighter produced considering the minimal advertising spend the show received.

Over 380,000 people watched the TUF 9 finale on the channel earlier this month and the UFC are said to be delighted with those figures.

lets face it chaps we aint gonna get this for free - setanta wanted to charge 12-00 a month - so my guess is this will be sky ppv or espn ppv - either way ill wait for a free ride as i pay sky far too much already

It needs to be channel 5 or Vigin 1 coz if its not on freeview and they come out and say PPV there will be uproar, Im sure they would rather the whole world see it than lose viewers, Coz im another many of those people who will just find a free stream or use a torrent site to downoad it in the morning, and ill do my best to spread the word of the free stream aswell so no one missess it anyway, If they wanna stop people doing this then PPV is suicidal.

It needs to be channel 5 or Vigin 1 coz if its not on freeview and they come out and say A there will be uproar' date=' Im sure they would rather the whole world see it than lose viewers, Coz im another many of those people who will just find a free stream or use a torrent site to downoad it in the morning, and ill do my best to spread the word of the free stream aswell so no one missess it anyway, If they wanna stop people doing this then PPV is suicidal.[/quote']

Im sure ur threat of blackmail has the UFC quaking in their boots, and they will from now on make sure everyone can watch free of charge. What were the ufc thinking , trying to charge ppl to watch a sports event they have paid for ;)

lets face it chaps we aint gonna get this for free - setanta wanted to charge 12-00 a month - so my guess is this will be sky ppv or espn ppv - either way ill wait for a free ride as i pay sky far too much already

The subscription was for the setanta sports package and wasn't exclusively for UFC events. The Sky Sports subscription is exactly the same so they couldn't justify putting UFCs on ppv for that reason. Hopefully virgin1 gets it and they continue to air the UFCs live.

Midnight and STILL no news, i have a bad feeling that maybe a T.V deal won't happen in time. I really hope it does, i do not want to miss this at all.

Give us some info on the situation Dana, PLEASE :)

I really hope they make an annoucement soon... I'd love to see the Countdown show (and the Top 100 fights series) too.

Personally, I'd like someone like Sky Sports to get the deal - I can't see the UFC showing the PPVs on a "free" channel, especially after the Setanta/subscription deal. And I'm not sure a free channel could give it decent enough coverage or show the events live (I'd hate it if it went back to 24/48 hour tape delays).

If they did get it, I don't think Sky would offer all the events on PPV... they'd probably be on Sky Sports 1/2/3, or at the worst have a deal like they do with the WWE - where about 6 or 7 of the events are on Sky Sports, and the rest on PPV. Plus you'd have the option of seeing them in High-Def too...

That's just my opinion though - I know some people don't have Sky, so it wouldn't suit everyone... I think we might end up with one of those "can't please all of the people all of the time" situations.

I really hope they make an annoucement soon... I'd love to see the Countdown show (and the Top 100 fights series) too.

Personally' date=' I'd like someone like Sky Sports to get the deal - I can't see the UFC showing the PPVs on a "free" channel, especially after the Setanta/subscription deal. And I'm not sure a free channel could give it decent enough coverage or show the events live (I'd hate it if it went back to 24/48 hour tape delays).

If they did get it, I don't think Sky would offer all the events on PPV... they'd probably be on Sky Sports 1/2/3, or at the worst have a deal like they do with the WWE - where about 6 or 7 of the events are on Sky Sports, and the rest on PPV. Plus you'd have the option of seeing them in High-Def too...

That's just my opinion though - I know some people don't have Sky, so it wouldn't suit everyone... I think we might end up with one of those "can't please [i']all[/i] of the people all of the time" situations.

Well the game has changed a lot with the recent increase in popularity of UFC.

Sky>Setanta obviously but even Sky Sports only reaches maybe 1 in 4 of those folks with a TV set. It's a question of what will best build the brand for them.

They are smart enough to get the marquee event (UFC 100) free to air to the widest possible audience to really maximise the sports impact with the UK public.

After that they will have to balance exposing the brand to the most people against who will pay the most $$$ for it now. Of the ones in the frame I expect 5 would easily get the highest viewing figures and Sky have the deepest pockets, with Virgin a good compromise choice. The dream for UFC exposure wise would be ITV of course - insane viewing figures (easily in the millions) if they could do it..

PPV is a long way off for the UK if they want to have any chance of UFC going mainstream. PPV destroyed UK boxing as a mass interest sport and just taking the cricket and rubgy off terrestrial to Sky Sports also did huge damage..