Sign in to follow this  
BradfordB

Need More Events

Need something like weekly fight nights. Friday Night Fights, or whatever. lower level fighters and journeymen alike, on a free weekly hour or two. Would allow people to watch fighters grow, give veterans not quite at the top a place to fight. The ufc could stop slashing the roster so huge and just push those guys to that show. i have to believe spike if no other network would be willing to buy a show like that.

Need something like weekly fight nights. Friday Night Fights' date=' or whatever. lower level fighters and journeymen alike, on a free weekly hour or two. Would allow people to watch fighters grow, give veterans not quite at the top a place to fight. The ufc could stop slashing the roster so huge and just push those guys to that show. i have to believe spike if no other network would be willing to buy a show like that.[/quote']

Yeh they got that. Fightzone and Bodog still have some new stuff.Live events cost too much money with little return to air smalltime fights.

the money would come from the tv deal, not the live gate. and they're not ppv fighters, so they dont get ppv salaries. so revenue source would be steady, costs down...and they'd grow the young product in house. build names through things other than TUF. And not have to shed guys after 2 losses. Reading about guys like Danzig with their "back to the wall" after losing decent fights, is sad.

Need something like weekly fight nights. Friday Night Fights' date=' or whatever. lower level fighters and journeymen alike, on a free weekly hour or two. Would allow people to watch fighters grow, give veterans not quite at the top a place to fight. The ufc could stop slashing the roster so huge and just push those guys to that show. i have to believe spike if no other network would be willing to buy a show like that.[/quote']

It's called The Ultimate Fighter. Check it out sometime. LOL!

goodcalll andertow.... also UFC unleashed has replay fights all the time and versus has WEC fights many times a weak... check those out from your cable provider , sure it aint as exciting but u learn sooo much.

but fighting ... u have medical suspensions.. alot of guys are not cleard to fight for 2' date=' 3 , 4 months.. it would lower the value of fights, ya dig?[/quote']

I dig man, i wouldnt want to get tired of the UFC and feel like they are oversaturating the market, i think they are doing fine right now. I want to anticipate a event not to have to dread one with lower tier fighters every week, so keep up what your UFC

It's called The Ultimate Fighter. Check it out sometime. LOL!

lol, or read the 2nd quote, where i mention someplace besides TUF. so not such a great call. not everyone loves the idea of being on a reality show. or away from home for 6 weeks.

and the ufc has a huge roster of fighters, and young fighters come cheap. medical suspensions and the like wouldnt hurt anything. there are guys not able to get more than 1 or 2 fights a year right now, just do to the stable being too large, and the shows being too few.

and weekly was just for arguments sake. anything more frequent than now. every other week. whatev.