Sign in to follow this  
UFC_Lesnarfan1

Scam Martial Arts Schools

You ever come across that hole in the wall "dojo" with "black belt master splinter" wannabe trainers? I think its pretty funny for the people who join those type of dojos in plazas, for example there is a "school" here in Mesa (AZ) called "Green Mantis Kung-Fu" it has a wooden sign with a green praying mantis on it, very lame and it's next to a Quick Stop convenance store on the bad side of town. Compare that to Arizona Combat Sports in Tempe and place your bets as to what one will be more valuable to you, and give you what you pay for.

I find these types of unbudgeted "schools" the kind you saw on Napoleon Dynamite.

REX KWONDO!!!

Eh, I don't really care about the wherabouts of the building as long as the curriculum is awesome, but of course having a better training facility is nice. but its hard to know where a good school is you know. There are several cheesy places around here.

That is why you don't go to a school you learn from someone individually...

Yeh well i want an official certificate saying that im a black belt oneday so i can train others.

Individual training ussually means you get a pat on the back and maybe get to drink a few beers after class with your teacher while watching UFC reruns

Yeh well i want an official certificate saying that im a black belt oneday so i can train others.

Individual training ussually means you get a pat on the back and maybe get to drink a few beers after class with your teacher while watching UFC reruns

Lol no...the guy i learned from is the real deal...unlike most so called masters that are ******** imo that i hear of & he does not drink anyways.

tons of McDojos around. Especially now with MMA in the news a lot of these "Kung-Fu" schools advertise that they teach mixed martial arts. Pretty funny when people say "I study mixed martial arts"...

I remember going to my cousin's house when I was about 10 or 11, in Idaho, and he asked me if I wanted to go watch him train for his Tae-Kwon-Do lesson," I was like hell yeah! lets go! where's it at?" I asked. "Follow me." he says, puzzled, I followed him to get his bike as he peddled across the street to his neighbor's Garage, which had a couple heavy bags, a speed bag, and mats on the floor, I was thinking "WTF!!"...

I also remember later on two or so years down the road we all came to my Grandparents' house (Grandpa had died) here in AZ, him and I were horseplaying in my Grandpa's Office, and I was into watching Pro Wrestling at this time, he was a redheaded brat who picked on anyone smaller then him, for this occasion, he chose his younger Brothers. I was annoyed by his antics, tripped him up after we tangled and locked on a "Steiner Recliner"/aka Camel Clutch, for those who are unaware, I straddled his back, sitting on it and pulled his neck back until he tapped. My other Cousin was laughing hysterically, (3 of us are all the same age)

That sure killed some time, and some of the tension.