Sign in to follow this  
MMAWaves

Tito Ortiz Talks About Apologizing to Dana White and Possibly Coming Back to the UFC

Tito Ortiz told TapouT Radio that he met with Dana White last week and they both apologized to each other.

Here is what Ortiz said about White:

“I had a conversation with Dana White last week. We were really, really good friends at a point. We were best friends at a point and everything got mucked up because of the fight game. I wanted to be man and kind of squash things between me and him, and wish him luck in his journeys, and he did the same to me. So we kind of amended with each other and kind of squashed things. It was just great because Dana showed what type of person he is by apologizing to me and vice versa.”

Ortiz also talked about returning by the end of this year, with the UFC, Strikeforce, and Affliction as available options.

You can listen to the radio interview at http://mmawaves.com/2009/07/17/tito-ortiz-talks-about-making-amends-with-dana-white-and-returning-by-the-end-of-this-year/

Tito's a giantly massive ******, but I hope they did apologize to eachother. Dana's a nice guy and I'm not sure I believe that's out of character for him, so maby it did happen.

At one time Tito was at the top of the talent pool, but the pool is a lot deeper now. He's middle of the road for the current LHW class. Whether he comes back or not he'll never be more than middle of the road again.

Tito is part of one of my favorite octagon memories- his knockout by the Iceman in that insane furry of punches :) Maybe he wants to come back to the UFC because he realizes he threw in his chips with a company that's about to go bankrupt. :rolleyes:

I really dont care for tito...if he comes back great, if he doesnt i could care less. If he does come back tho....i wanna see a tito vs forrest rematch because forrest won the first fight!!!

I have a feeling that Dana's view on this statement is slightly different than what Tito's view is...LOL
According to Dana's twitter page, he and Tito have made up and it "Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other."

give Tito a break, he's looking out for him self, hes trying to make some money too. Hes a good fighter, very interteining and he sounds smart too. Dana is taking to much credit, when all the fighters made UFC with their dedication, their training and love for the sport, so dont talk a bunch of bull guys. Ignorence = fail

OH you mean Chuck's human punching bag.

Gotcha

Yeh thats the extent of your knowledge for MMA, your a newborn in this world. Heres some info for you- He is also the Guy who stomped Guy Mezger,Vitor Belfort, and Wanderlei Silva in their prime and Stomped the guy everyone wants in the hall fo fame - Evan Tanner. You are a clown for even trying to be funny.

Who has beaten Tito Ortiz in almost a decade? Randy,Chuck, and Lyoto.

What deep pool of talent are we talking about here that Tito cant compete with? Tito has beaten fighters past his generation- Cote,Forrest, and Rashad couldnt do to him what he did to Chuck Liddel.

Yeh thats the extent of your knowledge for MMA' date=' your a newborn in this world. Heres some info for you- He is also the Guy who stomped Guy Mezger,Vitor Belfort, and Wanderlei Silva in their prime and Stomped the guy everyone wants in the hall fo fame - Evan Tanner. You are a clown for even trying to be funny.

What deep pool of talent are we talking about here that Tito cant compete with? Tito has beaten fighters past his generation- Cote,Forrest, and Rashad couldnt do to him what he did to Chuck Liddel.[/quote']

You honestly think that the fighters haven't evolved since his departure?

Yeh thats the extent of your knowledge for MMA' date=' your a newborn in this world. Heres some info for you- He is also the Guy who stomped Guy Mezger,Vitor Belfort, and Wanderlei Silva in their prime and Stomped the guy everyone wants in the hall fo fame - Evan Tanner. You are a clown for even trying to be funny.

[/quote']

i didn't think he stomped silva though... he more like lost the first round and looked scared to engage with him so he lnp'd his way to a booring decision victory. and although he was beating rashad for most of the fight, we'll never really know cause he held the fence and was on his way to getting takin down. it would've been interesting to see how he defended rashad from his back. we'll never know.

i'll back u up 100% on nick diaz, but tito is one dimensional and a hold u down fighter i've never been crazy about. i really couldn't care less if he fought in ufc again. but i hope he gets the money wherever he fights. i'll be happy for him. and he deserves it for what he's brought to the sport i'll give him that... he brought me back to ufc from when dan severn's starting winning tournaments and i stopped watching, so i do have alot to be thankful of him.

What deep pool of talent are we talking about here that Tito cant compete with? Tito has beaten fighters past his generation- Cote,Forrest, and Rashad couldnt do to him what he did to Chuck Liddel.[/quote']

Stop attacking people who disagree with you.

They are joking around. Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't give you the right to start insulting people. Now knock it off.

Then you wonder why you get flamed so much.

I hate to encourage this but Chemy-pants just provides endless fodder for a hilarious bio in the UFFL thread. I mean, it doesn't get much better than, '...you are a newborn in this world.' I can only shake my head in imitation of Bill Cosby in the Jello Pudding Pop commercials.

I hope Tito comes back in the HW division. Then he could challenge Brock to the UFC's first tag match, with Jenna Jameson and Sable as their partners. Actually, let's replace Tito and Brock with Edith and Arianny. Oh, the pictures in my dirty head!!

Ice man talks vacation & guess who growz ballz again after.Tito and his bobble head just what the ufc needz about now.As long as i get to see somebody clown tito like he used to do shamrock itz all gravy with me.

Ice man talks vacation & guess who growz ballz again after.Tito and his bobble head just what the ufc needz about now.As long as i get to see somebody clown tito like he used to do shamrock itz all gravy with me.

Still a little sore about Shamrock, huh, PaKal?

Still a little sore about Shamrock' date=' huh, PaKal?[/quote']

Iz you crazy SHAMROCK was my first h8ed MMA artist i still think he is 2 c.oc.k.y...Tito and shamrock are the samething only tito has a bobble head and he like crapping in his back yard.My 2 all time h8ed MMA dudes are tito and shamrock so watching them fued was a win win no matter who won.I just want to see some young big mouth bully tito like he used to do thats it.And screw ken he is a true tool ask royce lol

Iz you crazy SHAMROCK was my first h8ed MMA artist i still think he is 2 c.oc.k.y...Tito and shamrock are the samething only tito has a bobble head and he like crapping in his back yard.My 2 all time h8ed MMA dudes are tito and shamrock so watching them fued was a win win no matter who won.I just want to see some young big mouth bully tito like he used to do thats it.And screw ken he is a true tool ask royce lol

I can barely follow what you're saying but it's cracking me up! LOL.

I can barely follow what you're saying but it's cracking me up! LOL.

Tito pissed off DANA that equals crapping in back yard.And shamrock is so lame anymore he missed out on clowning kimbo. He should have super glued his little cut but no he let petruzelli rock ferguson

IM seriously looking for Bobbleheads of Wanderlei,Tito, and Bisping- Definatly need one of Bisping.

it's real simple guys. Tito is broke and Dana is the man with the money. If Titor wasn't hurting for money then he would have never done this. Tito is someone who loves starting sh!t and if he were ever to be in a position like dana is, god help us all and the sport.

Stop attacking people who disagree with you.

They are joking around. Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't give you the right to start insulting people. Now knock it off.

Then you wonder why you get flamed so much.

sacrasm gets lost on that little boy

IM seriously looking for Bobbleheads of Wanderlei' date='Tito, and Bisping- Definatly need one of Bisping.[/quote']

Bisping in a red coats uniform would rock!Hendo may make a good bobble head to lol his could 1 punch KO the head off of bispings