Sign in to follow this  
thebutterflybee

Congratulations Amir Khan!

I'd just like to say congratulations to Amir Khan for tonight becoming the WBA light welterweight champion of the WORLD!

Stunning performance. Silenced all the critics. Took some good shot, kept going, and boxed beautifully!

Good on ya wee man. Thanks to Freddie Roach, and onwards and upwards from here.

I'd just like to say congratulations to Amir Khan for tonight becoming the WBA light welterweight champion of the WORLD!

Stunning performance. Silenced all the critics. Took some good shot' date=' kept going, and boxed beautifully!

Good on ya wee man. Thanks to Freddie Roach, and onwards and upwards from here.[/quote']

How did he win? Also do you know what happened with Frankie Gavin, Billie Joe Saunders and James De Gale?

How did he win? Also do you know what happened with Frankie Gavin' date=' Billie Joe Saunders and James De Gale?[/quote']

He won due to the expert cornering of Freddie "C*ck" Roach.

How did he win? Also do you know what happened with Frankie Gavin' date=' Billie Joe Saunders and James De Gale?[/quote']

He dominated 10, if not all 12 of the rounds. Great performance. Took a few big shots, but looked comfortable. Had to fight off the back foot the whole fight cos Kotelnik just kept coming. Tough little guy. But Khan was nearly flawless. Made a couple of little mistakes early on, but was never threatened.

All the boys won. Billie Joe and Fun Time had the ref stop theirs in the 2nd. DeGale looked the most impressive though stopping his guy in the first. I know they are being put against total punch bags at the moment, but it is good to see their hand speed and power. I am definitely more excited about DeGale out of the three. He seems to be getting alot more power into his shots now, and with his speed and footwork he could really go places. Need to see them step up in competition so its early days yet.

Also, Anthony Smalls backed up his **** talk and stopped a very tough Matthew Hall in the 7th (i think, may have been 8th?).

Oh dear! Frankie gavin was taking on a lad from York, my home town, so I was hoping he could pull off an upset. Unfortunately not, meaning Yorks greatest sporting exponents are still Steve McClaren and Hunter from Gladiators.