Sign in to follow this  
UFC_Lesnarfan1

Up and Coming..

Okay, so everyone has talked about the Champions, what about the Up and Comers, who do you think will wear the Gold in 2010? Or at least has the potential to gain a title shot for that matter, even if they come up short?

Either this, or who will find themselves within the top 5 who is not yet there?

I think Nate Marquardt has a very good chance to taste it, and see him as a threat eventually.

(Posted in the wrong Forum, my bad)

Finally, a thread that's worth posting on, now your getting it. I will do it by divsion.

HW: Whoever wins TUF 10 you can expect them to make headway, and also Cheick Kongo will be on the rise, almost in the title picture, he will work on his ground game.

LHW: You said Nate Marquardt, and I agree with you, he's had good progress as of late, and will continue that path in the coming year

MW: Ryan Bader, from TUF 8, who had his last fight/win back on April 1st, needs to work on his stand up, and BJJ, he's a great wrestler, but we know it's not enough, but will be underestimated in 2010.

WW: Expect Chris Lyttle to be in the spotlight next year

LW: Terry Etim will be at the top of his class in 2010

Stay tuned...

HW- If Shane can't beat Brock, then Brock will remain champ for a long time

LHW- I don't see anyone beating Lyoto that is currently in the LHW division

MW- Maia could beat Silva, I don't think Nate will be able to do it

WW- GSP will reign supreme for a long time

LW- I think Diego or Edgar could beat BJ, just my opinion.

These are assuming that no current champs change weight to fight each other

HW contender Carwin Kongo and IF Cro Cop comes back

LW contender Jackson Griffin maybe Franklin and a big maybe for Ortiz

MWcontender Henderson

WWcontender Alves will come back Finch Koscheck

LWcontender Sanchez Maynard another big maybe Guida

HW contender Carwin and Velasques, UFC 104 will tell us who will go first

LW contender Rampage and A.Silva

MWcontender Hendo, Maia and Maybe a larger GSP if he defends against Swick/Kampmann

WWcontender Kampmann, Davis and a pumped up on two more LW defenses Penn

LWcontender Sanchez and Maynard. Edgar is not big enough for Penn

From outside the UFC I would like to see Fedor (Brock would win but this has to happen at some point) and as a wildcard in a year or two Chris Horodecki as a lightweight contender.

Finally' date=' a thread that's worth posting on, now your getting it. I will do it by divsion.[/b']

HW: Whoever wins TUF 10 you can expect them to make headway, and also Cheick Kongo will be on the rise, almost in the title picture, he will work on his ground game.

LHW: You said Nate Marquardt, and I agree with you, he's had good progress as of late, and will continue that path in the coming year

MW: Ryan Bader, from TUF 8, who had his last fight/win back on April 1st, needs to work on his stand up, and BJJ, he's a great wrestler, but we know it's not enough, but will be underestimated in 2010.

WW: Expect Chris Lyttle to be in the spotlight next year

LW: Terry Etim will be at the top of his class in 2010

Stay tuned...

Dont wanna sound like an mean guy here, but for someone who starts off by being arrogantly condescending of someone in his first sentence, you made some quite silly mistakes yourself.

1) Nate Marquardt fights in the MW division. So even if he were to (which he wont) move up to LHW, he would be very very far from title contention, thus nowhere near being the LHW champ in 2010.

2) Chris Lytle is nowhere near a title shot. Ability wise, and recent history record wise. Considering the champ only fights 3 or 4 times in a year, for Chris Lytle to be in contention would be a miracle. He would have to fight and beat Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, and one more big name to even get a shot. This wont happen. And even if it did, GSP would destroy him. He will make headlines for being in exciting fights, I agree with that, but not for being in the top 5. I know this is more of an opinion than fact, but 99 out of 100 would agree with me on this.

3) Cheick Kongo, as good as his stand up is, seem to consistently fall short in the wrestling department, as shown recently by Cain Velasquez. It is just his Kryptonite. With guys like Carwin and Lesnar seemingly at the top of the pile of HW's, I cant see him doing more than yoyo-ing in and out of contention. Again, this is just my opinion, and your totally fine to disagree.

Again, I am not being completely dismissive of you so please dont take offense, you make a couple of good points. I agree that Bader (who is a LHW not a MW, unless I have missed news of him cutting down) and Etim will make waves. But if your going to start your post with a sentence like the one highlighted above, I would expect something a bit more accurate.