Sign in to follow this  
The_Q

The "Who will Fedor fight?" thread

With Barnett out, 2 names have been officially thrown out there:

Vitor Belfort and Bobby Lashley.

Lashley has all but declined, saying he is just not in fight shape and 1 week isn't enough.

he also realizes that his skills just aren't anywhere ready. we would have no idea how to avoid submissions from Fedor. And he said money is not a huge factor in this.

Vitor's camp is apparently ready to take this....though no official word yet.

dumb move. he as the dangerous hands, and this is Fedor's weakness: fast strong boxing against Fedor is the way to frustrate him.

but the weight and power difference will likely make for a quick beat down by Fedor.

other names being thrown around the net:

Werdum (Allistaire cancelled thier bout)

Brett Rodgers

Jeff Monson

This thing is starting to turn into a circus. At least if Fedor was in the UFC and his scheduled opponent got a positive test, there would be several credible replacements who could fill in. Right now Vitor at least is a dangerous fighter, even though he's much smaller than Fedor, and I can understand why he's taking the fight- a lot of money, and a chance to be the man to beat Fedor and get instant fame. But if they can't get Vitor to take the fight, than it looks like a joke for Affliction. I mean, Fedor vs. Monson? lol

I think Werdum or Monson would actually be the most credible.

both are well rounded and can strike hard.

Monson would be tough on the ground, excellent grappler and wrestler...tough stand up and clinch.

Fedor would beat both, and I'm still not buying this card....but those would be his best options.

Belfort would be a bad idea. If he did get a great punch through and knocked Fedor out...it would kill Fedor's credibility.

beating Belfort would mean nothing.

Out of all these options rogers is the only one with a chance' date=' Lucky punch or something, [/quote']

both Rodgers and Vitor have the stand up to knock out Fedor.

but Fedor wouldn't give them the chance. he'd keep his distance....then spring in for a takedown or clinch....it'd be over soon after.

Monson would be tougher challenge then either of them. Heavy, good ground game....tough in the clinch.

Fedor would get him....but it might be somewhat competative.

I think i would much rather see Gilbert Yvel fight him than anyone he has descent ground skills and an excellent striker. I know Barnett beat him but there wouldn't be that size and weight advantage if he fought Fedor plus he is crazy he knockedout a ref so I know he wouldn't be afraid and go get punked like some others.

I say bring in Royce Gracie. He has a huge following, and people will hear his name and that he's fighting Fedor, and think, does he have a little bit of magic left to pull off 1 last submission on a HW? People will tune in. Itd be like the old days of UFC, Royce beating anybody and everybody, regardless of how big they are.

I think if there's anyone to beat Fedor, its Royce Gracie.

i also heard tito ortiz is an option too

Fox is pushing this right now.

I don't know if Tito's back injury is all the way healed...or where his training is.

probably no where close to fight ready.

If he was in top form, I'd say why not? Fedor will still crush him...but it could competative for a round or so.

but right now...i bet Tito is so out of fight shape, he'd get winded walking to the ring.

I think Dana should release one of the better UFC heavyweights for one fight to go over to Affliction just on the off-chance they would win. Can you imagine if Cain or Randy turned up and managed to beat Fedor? Affliction would be done.

And yes, before anyone screams at me, I know it would never happen and Fedor would win anyways. But it's a funny thought. :)

man, Fedor isn't going to have anyone to fight. I'd like to see Rogers fight him I guess, after the Rogers/Arlovski fight they asked Fedor what they thought of the fight, and he said, "I don't think Andrei had the right strategy..if I were him, I would've done something different." Like to see what magical move Fedor could pull off on a bull-rushing Rogers.

hearing/reading that Brett Rodgers is now the front runner....but nothing official, signed, or announced.

Sherdog seems to know something on this too......they are slipping out reports of Rodgers being the front runner.

both Rodgers and Vitor have the stand up to knock out Fedor.

but Fedor wouldn't give them the chance. he'd keep his distance....then spring in for a takedown or clinch....it'd be over soon after.

Monson would be tougher challenge then either of them. Heavy' date=' good ground game....tough in the clinch.

Fedor would get him....but it might be somewhat competative.[/quote']

ued be surprised of how hard Fedor hits... he can easily knock them out...

why? If he's healthy and can weight 206+ he's technically then a Heavyweight.

I guess u r correct, I seem to faintly recall some fighter who cudn't get licensed on something similar.

I say bring in Royce Gracie. He has a huge following' date=' and people will hear his name and that he's fighting Fedor, and think, does he have a little bit of magic left to pull off 1 last submission on a HW? People will tune in. Itd be like the old days of UFC, Royce beating anybody and everybody, regardless of how big they are.

I think if there's anyone to beat Fedor, its Royce Gracie.[/quote']

well i think your an idiot

You cant deny Royce's accomplishments. You must respect them. Plus, you cant ever count him out, because when you do, he wins. Remember when people said he had no chance against Dan Severn? Or Kimo? Oh sorry, you werent around for those days, you probably started watching around TUF 3.

Ive been watching UFC since UFC 1. No questions asked.

I guess u r correct' date=' I seem to faintly recall some fighter who cudn't get licensed on something similar.[/quote']

who?

and AA would do his fish flop in a rematch

as of 3:30pm, Atencio says no deal is finalized.

Meltzer (MMA insider) says they are trying to get Brett Rodgers from Strikeforce.

he is the guy they want. Stikeforce and Showtime must agree first.....they have not given word yet.

Vitor Belfort is the guy they will use if they can't get Rodgers. He has agreed and will sign if given the opportunity.

a 3rd person (according to Atencio) is also in talks.

no word on who that is.

stick ****ing MIR in there he was begging for another kicking and who gives a ****e if he jsut got out of an **** whoopping put him in dana please hopefully fedor will finish him off.

failing that can junnie browning or bisping put few pounds on in 1 week.

OTIZ theres no chance hes just had back surgery, whats that lanky string piss tim sylvia doing ill watch him get his head knocked around....

I really do not know who is available to fight him. Can affliction just pull somebody off the street thats what ufc did with kimbo...

What about fedors brother isnt there some bad blood there

Dana is laughing his **** off this morning' date=' what a great wake up present[/quote']

Agreed. And he's probably texting Fedor. ;) If I was into conspiracy theories, I'd also wonder: The first time the Comission does an out-of-season testing happens to be the known offender who constitutes part of the "last hope"-match for Danas greates opponent next to Strikeforce... even if Josh gets cleared next week Attencio is screwed now.

About the replacement: How about an Arlovski rematch? Sure, after he got KTFOed twice in a row it's not a big thing...but there obviously will not be any big thing unless the UFC lends them one of their HWs which would require a good deal of hell freezing over and raining frogs to go along with it. Those Fox guys also threw Tito in the mix. It would be a slaughtering but one many people would like to see. Could be the smartest move for Affliction but the dumbest possible for Tito. He already said he needs a warmup fight to shake his ring rust. Warmup with "The badest man on the planet"? Not even if they promise to pay for all his surgerys, I guess.

I think Dana should release one of the better UFC heavyweights for one fight to go over to Affliction just on the off-chance they would win. Can you imagine if Cain or Randy turned up and managed to beat Fedor? Affliction would be done.

And yes' date=' before anyone screams at me, I know it would never happen and Fedor would win anyways. But it's a funny thought. :)[/quote']

I think Affliction would be done anyway. Fedor's on his way out. Oh by the way, I now have 2 tickets for sale for Affliction: Trilogy. Any takers?

You cant deny Royce's accomplishments. You must respect them. Plus' date=' you cant ever count him out, because when you do, he wins. Remember when people said he had no chance against Dan Severn? Or Kimo? Oh sorry, you werent around for those days, you probably started watching around TUF 3.

Ive been watching UFC since UFC 1. No questions asked.[/quote']

arent you the guy that just made the thread saying kimbo would beat any of the guys from ufc 1????

and now ure talking about how gracie is the only guy who might beat fedor???? unless u are not the guy that created that thread and then my entire post is pointless and a waste of time and space

You cant deny Royce's accomplishments. You must respect them. Plus' date=' you cant ever count him out, because when you do, he wins. Remember when people said he had no chance against Dan Severn? Or Kimo? Oh sorry, you werent around for those days, you probably started watching around TUF 3.

Ive been watching UFC since UFC 1. No questions asked.[/quote']

Comparing a fight against Fedor to his early UFC fights is ridiculous dude.

He fought Matt Hughes in an era where his opponents weren't 1 dimensional anymore. And Hughes tooled him.

Fedor would hurt Royce badly. It wouldn't be a spectacle, it would just be embarrassing.

And what does how long you have been watching UFC got to do with anything? That seems a desperate plea of "listen to what I am saying, I have watched alot so I must be making sense". These comments always have the opposite effect than intended.