Sign in to follow this  
casper1128

fedors coming to ufc

dude mark my words' date=' if brock can get a take down and a half decent position you can say goodnight to fedor. if he fights randy for some reason randy will get killed, he is too old to fight someone like fedor. randy could have put up a good fight back after he won against chuck.....he could moved up to HW and had a good chance then.....but now he really is too old[/quote']

Dude,mark my words,Fedor will expose Brock for what he is,an idiot.And then this pathetic lil bandwagon will tip over.Vera destoyed Mir also,did that make him a legend?No.And your right,Coture is too old now.

Dude' date='mark my words,Fedor will expose Brock for what he is,an idiot.And then this pathetic lil bandwagon will tip over.Vera destoyed Mir also,did that make him a legend?No.And your right,Coture is too old now.[/quote']

ok buddy

Brock is just big and strong . Take 50 pounds of him and he wouldnt even be a gate keeper to the HW division. I bet as it stands with him outweighing the rest of the HW by 40 pounds or so he has a good chance of doing to fedor what he did to mir.

I would like to see brock whip another experinced fighters **** like fedor

maybe soon after brock kicks fedors **** just like he did to mir they will call him the LEGEND KILLER just like his friend randy orton from the shady organization called WWE

As stupid as it may sound I think Fedor's small size could actually work as an advantage in this fight. Fedor is small but very strong, which means he only needs to work a tiny amount of space on the floor to be able to escape the inevitable pancaking that will be coming his way.

I can't see Fedor submitting Brock off his back but i'm predicting a submission win for Fedor via rear naked choke (3rd round).

Also stop the pics already, I'm in work and don't want people rubber-necking and thinking i'm on some fetish site.

if Brock gets him down and ground n pounds him we could see a Lesnar victory!

but Fedor's experience could prove critical

what a bout it would/will be, its the fight of my dreams, BRING IT ON! =D

if fedor wins it will be by a rear naked choke, if brock wins it'll be by TKO

Ok, there's a few thing you need to look at here. Fedor comes in at what 230? Ten more pounds then Coulture, when he faced brock. Fedor is going to fight Brock with a 60-70 pound advantage. lol Brock will pound Fedor, hes hasnt tied it up with ne one like Brock. His Power will prove to be to much. Btw if u actually watch fedors fights "big looping punches" hahahha Mir has better stand up than Fedor WAY better. And we all know what happened there. Carwins the only one in the HW class that could beat Brock. Hes been fighting for 2 years now ur not going to get him in a knee bar and is powerful for Rear Naked Choke. Gonna take power to Beat this GUY WATCH OUT

I think Frank Mir has a better ground game then Fedor and Mir couldnt reverse' date=' get a submission, or even get up, so if Brock got Fedor to the Ground that would be the End for him....

Standing up, Brock is just to big, he has very fast reflexes and can throw a punch.....Plus with Brock's takedown skills the fight wouldnt be on the Feet for very long. First opening Brock gets he would take the fight to the ground....

if you watch all Brock's fights about 90% of the time the fight is on the Ground....lol...I dont think Fedor's takedown defense is that good to stop Brock..

Brock will TKO fedor in the 1st or 2nd round.[/quote']

If Randleman can get a takedown on Fedor I think we can all agree Brock can too the difference being if Brock ends up on top Fedor isnt gonna get out>>>Brock will be training to avoid armbars all camp>>>>And it will payoff

Ok' date=' there's a few thing you need to look at here. Fedor comes in at what 230? Ten more pounds then Coulture, when he faced brock. Fedor is going to fight Brock with a 60-70 pound advantage. lol Brock will pound Fedor, hes hasnt tied it up with ne one like Brock. His Power will prove to be to much. Btw if u actually watch fedors fights "big looping punches" hahahha Mir has better stand up than Fedor WAY better. And we all know what happened there. Carwins the only one in the HW class that could beat Brock. Hes been fighting for 2 years now ur not going to get him in a knee bar and is powerful for Rear Naked Choke. Gonna take power to Beat this GUY WATCH OUT[/quote']

i agree Carwin has the tools for Brock that will be the best matchup.

you have to remember fedor is a complete fighter' date=' much like gsp. He will come up with a great game plan. It may not work but he will definitely have a plan! It is possible for brock to take down fedor thats true, but you have to imagine that fedor will be much more active on his back. (i mean right from the beginning) brock will have to eat some massive shots attempting the takedown and that could be the end of brock. Fedor most likely wont ko lesnor but fedor can easily get him hurt enough to pull off a submission. At first thought you could forsee lesnor winning the fight (especially after that impressive win over mir) but if you invision the entire fight and match-up as i have i think you'll come to the realization that fedor will not lose this fight.

Fedor is extremely quick and incredible strong for his size and weight. Gameplan! Gameplan! Gameplan! Lets go mr. Fedor emelianenko!! It should be an amazing fight no matter what happens.[/quote']

yeah you gotta remember that gsp hasnt fought someone who outweighs him by 60 pounds either....sry bout the caps im rendering a project at work

And there ****es thinking Fedors Submissions r better than Mirs is an idiot. I wonder if everyone has forgot about the fact that fedor always go a piece of someone when in hiatis with UFC or not under Contract. His Last 2 fights were against 2 Previous UFC HW champs. Meaning not the Current Champ. Dana got rid of Silva because He was washed up 3 Years ago. Gj fedor. And silva could fight to begin with punches like fedor Sloppy. And Arlovski has never really put it together to realize his full potenial or arlovski would have done what Brock is GOING TO DO. There will be no more talking when. Brock dominates Fedor worse than Mir. Mir is Bigger btw by 2 inchs and has few pounds on him :) Cant wait hurry DANA

My money is on Fedor, he tried everything and fought just about everone and won, Brock done very little, I for one would like to believe there is more to fighting then being big and strong,

I seriously spit coffee when I read that some people actually believe that Fedor has no chance. His submissions are far superior Mir's and his striking as well. Who honestly says that Mir has better striking that Fedor? Seriously?

I think if a fight between Fedor and Brock actually materializes then either man has a good chance at winning. We'll just have to wait and see.

Brock has never faced anyone with striking skills remotely in Fedor's league before. Fedor can do it all. I'm not saying Brock wouldn't have a chance of beating him, but anyone who is counting out Fedor needs to go watch some of his fights. The guy's regarded as the best in the world for a reason.

Fedor will win by giving Brock that extra-calm stare. Brock won't know what to do when he fights someone who isn't talking ****, let alone, not talking english. Brock won't have his roid-rage advantage in this one. All kidding aside, if you take Fedor lightly, you're making a mistake.

yeah' date=' how? because LA Times ran an article?[/quote']

I personally beat my head with a stick for getting excited and doing the same thing. You can delete my thread if you would like (lol, like you would be looking for my permission in the first place).

I disagree' date=' becoming a legend isnt about a MMA record....Randy Couture is a Legend and his record isnt very good (16-9) he's a legend cause of the people he's beaten and the way he competes.

If Brock beats fedor, he's a legend in my book........wins over Fedor & Couture!!!, NO ONE IN MMA would equal that.[/quote']

agreed, even tho i hate brock

Man. LA Times gives me a headache. But it's the same headache I now share with you (at least i didn't make a new thread on it this time).

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/sources-fedorufc-talks-intense-but-will-likely-drag-past-friday.html

Sources: Fedor-UFC talks 'intense' but will likely drag past Friday

11:21 AM, July 29, 2009

The chief operating officer of Fedor Emelianenko's promotional company, M-1 Global, confirmed to The Times in an e-mail early this morning that the heavyweight, considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, is engaged in "intense negotiations with the UFC."

Joost Raimond told The Times that contract talks "are ongoing, but we have not reached any kind of agreement at this time."

On Tuesday, another source close to Emelianenko's camp told The Times it made sense that the "very civil" talks between Emelianenko, his people and the UFC would be the subject of a news conference call the UFC has scheduled for Friday. A UFC official did not dismiss the suggestion that the two events were linked.

However, the original source told The Times today it would now be surprising for UFC and Fedor to have a deal signed by Friday. The source requested anonymity because authorization hasn't been given to speak publicly on the issue.

The sides have been separated in the past by issues including the number of fights in the contract (the UFC wants six) and they have to address Emelianenko's business connection to M-1. No deal-breaking event has happened since yesterday, the source said, but negotiations are complex and will likely require "more than 48 hours."

A UFC spokeswoman said Tuesday that the special Friday news conference would "not be [uFC President] Dana [White] talking about UFC 101," scheduled for next month in Philadelphia, but she provided no more information about the subject of the call.

The Times' attempts to reach White and company owner Lorenzo Fertitta since Tuesday have been unsuccessful.

The Sun website in England is reporting that the UFC is planning to announce a venture that will allow ESPN to broadcast UFC events in England.

The UFC is also reportedly mulling how to handle the contracts of other fighters who were part of Affliction Entertainment, which canceled its Saturday show starring Emelianenko (30-1) at Anaheim's Honda Center after his scheduled opponent, Josh Barnett, tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Emelianenko is scheduled to conduct a news conference today in Anaheim to discuss his post-Affliction plans, M-1 has announced. He has long maintained that he wants to fight the best possible opponent, and the UFC offers that person in its heavyweight champ, Brock Lesnar.

But Emelianenko could leave the U.S. as early as today, the source said.

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/29/fedor-emelianenko-on-twitter-live-tweeting-the-m-1-conference-c/

this is just tweet updates from above

Fedor Emelianenko will headline the EA Sports MMA game. Gegard Mousasi and Babalu Sobral will also be part of the game.

M-1 says "we're weighing all our options" in how to deal with Affliction canceling Fedor's MMA fight.

M-1 says re Affliction: "we will do everything to protect our rights in the courts of the United States."

They have confirmed Fedor is negotiating with the UFC, but they clearly want to make this call about the EA MMA game, not the UFC

I just asked Fedor Emelianenko if he will meet Dana White while he's in the U.S. He was noncommittal in his answer.

M-1 says they offered to have a co-promotion for Fedor to fight in the UFC. We already knew that.

Fedor Emelianenko is asked if he has talked to Strikeforce. M-1 says they've had negotiations with lots of companies and Strikeforce is one.

M-1 stresses that to do a deal with UFC, they want co-promotion. They think it's important for MMA to have competition, not UFC dominance.

M-1 stresses it has promoted MMA all over the world. Fedor, as the face of M-1, should fight in UFC under the M-1 banner

Jerry Millen: Fedor is the best fighter in MMA, deserves to be treated as such. Suggests UFC wouldn't treat him as such.

Asked about Affliction, M-1 officials say "That's a great question for the right time. This isn't the right time to talk about Affliction."

M-1 Global says it plans to increase the number of MMA shows it promotes. Do they think they can compete with the UFC?

The real news from this call: Fedor is far from being close to finalizing a deal with UFC. M-1 and UFC are far apart.

Fedor asked about brother Aleksander criticizing manager Vadim. Answer hard to understand but sounds like says he sees things Aleks doesn't.

Fedor Emelianenko concludes by saying MMA is growing everywhere, not just in the US, and he's proud to be part of that.

Fedor Emelianenko: I have complete trust in Vadim Finkelchtein and in our team at M-1 Global.

Fedor Emelianenko concludes by saying MMA is growing everywhere, not just in the US, and he's proud to be part of that.

No offense, but if it was not FOR UFC, MMA would not be growing everywhere. If whoever decides they want to start their promotion to create competition, they'll be going against UFC, the head honcho. No matter what, other promotions will not be as big as the UFC, Pride was looked at as being below the UFC still, and that was pretty big in Japan. Everyone works their way to the UFC in the end, that's the big payday, that's the top tier of talent.

This signing and Brock fight ain't evah gonna happen!!!

You fans can quit your silly hoping............too much downside for both parties..........Dana and Fedor............what do they have to gain, besides pleasing some nuthugging fans..............ain't evah gonna happen...........you all fools and wasting ya time if ya think it will evah happen.