Sign in to follow this  
estec

Josh Barnett - Say it Isn't So

Are the rumors true that Josh Barnett has tested positive for steroids on a second occasion in his career, and he has been pulled out of the much anticipated bout with Fedor Emelianenko? Even worse, the result is that Fedor will face and undersized Vitor Belfor, who has become the hero in this situation? Who will pay to watch Fedor beat up a second rate middleweight fighter? This really looks like the end of the Affliction association, and potentially the end for Josh Barnett's career, the #2 heavyweight in the world.

I have been a huge fan of Josh Barnett for many years. My Dad, Brother, and I watched Chris Munson, Dennis Halliman, and Josh Barnett during the pioneer days of Mixed Martial Arts at Edmonds Community College in Edmonds, WA. When they were starting their careers, it was evident that Josh was a star. His body looked a bit soft and his frame did not look strong, which made him look like he didn't stand a chance against his opponents that were usually built like a brick *********. The outcome of the matches were consistent, Josh would win by submission. His talent and skills were apparent, and to no surprise he showed up on the UFC. Barnett proved his skills with a victory over legendary MMA fighter Randy Couture, and gained the UFC title. What happens next, Barnett fails a steroid test and loses his contract with the UFC. Subsequently, Barnett re-surfaced in the Pride Fighting Championship in Japan and again looks to be one of the top heavyweights in the world. As a result of Barnett's pedigree he earned a spot in the megabout against Fedor.

I believe that hands down Barnett would have been Fedor's biggest challenge today, and that Barnett had a good chance to beat Fedor. Josh is big and strong with excellent submission skills. He probably is Brock Lesnar's biggest threat, as well. The second failure of a steroid test is a huge disappointment. Josh, please do not follow the path of Mark Kerr. You have a huge fan following that wants to see you succeed. Please, get clean, befriend Dana White, and get into the UFC so that you can fight the best fighters in the world in every match.

Owners of http://www.mmasizzle.com

Are the rumors true that Josh Barnett has tested positive for steroids on a second occasion in his career

Thats a bold face lie, and whoever told you that should be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is true that Barnett tested positive for steroids for the THIRD time in his career though.

instead of beating you up, ill just catch you up.

he got popped for the roids.

fedor was going to maybe possibly get a replacement.

affliction instead folds.

barnett is going to wrestle in Japan

affliction becomes an official sponsor of UFC again.

fedor has a press conference in 30 minutes regarding whats going down with him. wise man told me that he will announce nothing.

dana has major press conference on friday and will provide the much needed sigh of relief.

instead of a bully, dana will be forever remembered as a hero after friday.

alot of affliction fighters are most likely maybe possibly make it to the ufc.

and this is in no particular order.

instead of beating you up' date=' ill just catch you up.

he got popped for the roids.

fedor was going to maybe possibly get a replacement.

affliction instead folds.

barnett is going to wrestle in Japan

affliction becomes an official sponsor of UFC again.

fedor has a press conference in 30 minutes regarding whats going down with him. wise man told me that he will announce nothing.

dana has major press conference on friday and will provide the much needed sigh of relief.

instead of a bully, dana will be forever remembered as a hero after friday.

alot of affliction fighters are most likely maybe possibly make it to the ufc.

and this is in no particular order.[/quote']

You forgot to mention 1 thing.

Fedor is retiring.